The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

====================================================

Is it just me, or the WW2 British Army Sikh Regt. looks taller, better-built, and not to mention, more stylish?

(Just an aesthetic question, not trying to spark a debate about realistic body standards for gunfights, etc.).
Why aren't the soldiers and officer having full grown beards like the JCOs of left?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Mixed regiment culture. Not 100% of Sikh regt. is Sikh soldiers, but mixed. Also, the beard is a personal preference rather than a dress-code.
Can Hindu christian etc keep their beirds? I thought the beard was a religious thing, only granted to sikh members of the regiment

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Can Hindu christian etc keep their beirds? I thought the beard was a religious thing, only granted to sikh members of the regiment
Beards can be kept with the permission of CO (irrespective of religion). This is universal for all 3 branches of armed forces. SFs in operation areas even keep long hairs (to look like Mujahids for cross-border ops).

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

Is it just me, or the WW2 British Army Sikh Regt. looks taller, better-built, and not to mention, more stylish?

(Just an aesthetic question, not trying to spark a debate about realistic body standards for gunfights, etc.).
ww1, not ww2. The year is written right there.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

This pic shows that our guys today are just as tall if not taller, when you have a French woman recreating the original photo. They might even be taller since French women today are taller than French women from ww1. The apparent difference in physique seems to be due to the difference in the fit of the uniform. Their ww1 uniforms accentuated their shoulders and made their center look small, whereas our current uniform gives off a rectangular look. Brits knew how to do uniforms, you have to give them that.
photo_2023-07-15_15-38-27.jpg

Last edited:

Kumaoni

RR chads in the 90s. These men here took on some of the best assymetrical warfare forces. The hizbul and Lashkar in their prime were some of the best insurgent groups to grace the earth training wise, and the Harkat ul Mujahideen had direct links to Haqqani network.

7A78F651-1B2D-4B25-BC1A-278C0955DF63.jpeg

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
ww1, not ww2. The year is written right there.
The britshits used us to rule us, that is fantastic chanakya neeti to be admired...not just the uniforms mate ! The total no. of white men in the empire during the height of British occupation of Bharata was maybe 10 lakh or maybe less..... Macaulay virus did it's job too well...does even today

Kumaoni

The britshits used us to rule us, that is fantastic chanakya neeti to be admired...not just the uniforms mate ! The total no. of white men in the empire during the height of British occupation of Bharata was maybe 10 lakh or maybe less..... Macaulay virus did it's job too well...does even today
Brtishit Indian army was more modernized for its Time than India now

Tactical Doge

Country flag
@Tactical Doge my tactical brother in Christ please analyze this and tell me what’s wrong and good, thank you
Ditch the Civvie pants
Excellent quarter zip, plate carrier set up, need a battle belt, Radio, Peltors, Strobes, etc

And check out his sling for his rifle
Excellent one point sling, much tactical, such cool

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Using sights (?), decent PC, no NVG (expected), and is the helmet fiberglass?
Helmet is proper
NVG can be forgiven since it's daytime, so is all other helmet accesories, don't need all that weight on your neck for prolonged period of time if you're not going to use it

Kumaoni

Helmet is proper
NVG can be forgiven since it's daytime, so is all other helmet accesories, don't need all that weight on your neck for prolonged period of time if you're not going to use it
I meant this one, forgot to link cuz it’s midnight and I just got done w work

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I meant this one, forgot to link cuz it’s midnight and I just got done w work
( SARCASM,)
Take a break from internet brah , it's 11:00. In the morning .
You are loosing your sense of time brah

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles