The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

Waanar

Country flag
Dude, give it rest.The USMC trains for room interventions with M16A4s which are actually longer than INSAS!!
Firstly, USMC isn't the gold standard of military.
Secondly, I don't think USMC issues M16 to it's active troops anymore.
Thirdly, I'm restless. :p

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Flying Dagger

Country flag
No worse than Indian Army though and I dare say even better in a host of regards.

They used it till 2017-18 as standard issue, so that's recent enough.

Well, that makes two of us. :p
Infact the new M 27 have slightly longer barrel. And cost over 3k

"INSAS has accuracy upto 400m with int standard of MOA ". I don't remember who said and where did i read that.

Anyway I don't think it's the design and gun which is an issue or was much of an issue it is just the quality.

Actually in 2001 or 2002 around in Kargil 2 soldiers died in skirmish with terrorists when they were attacked at night by 5 terrorists . It's sad but INSAS that one of the soldier had jammed while firing. And bullet hit him from side of the arm .

I think these are the incident which made army hate it and within few years of its induction they wanted a replacement .

Deathstar

Country flag
Look where Americans have reached and comapre where we are. They are developing exo skeletons for their soldiers. Futuristic shit. What happened to our FINSAS ?????????

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Look where Americans have reached and comapre where we are. They are developing exo skeletons for their soldiers. Futuristic shit. What happened to our FINSAS ?????????
Focused on more strategic weapons for now. This stuff is not a necessity for now.

Ghost68

Don't compare U.S. Army with Indian Army as there budget is 10 times of ours and they got enough to fund such kind of project even if it fails in future and all the money goes wasted they wont bat an eye but its a different story for us. Each project needs to implemented in the most cost effective way to save money(that's why FINSAS got suspended).

Moreover these exo-suits wont be deployed in mass for next 15-20 years. there may be some isolated deployment for testing purpose for collecting data but that's all. We first need to improve our infantry at the most basic level and it is happening slowly but its happening for sure.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I have been hearing about exoskeletons for the us army for more than a decade. The technology is not yet perfected. But if made operational, it can be a quantum jump in technology as far as infantry soldiers are concerned.
As far as India is concerned, for the last 5-10 years, many such promising exoseleton prototypes are exhibited in various B.Tech college level projects, by talented engineering students. However, I wonder why the drdo or the army never shows any interest to them. Below are some example.

rkhanna

Country flag

rkhanna

Country flag

rone

Country flag
Third picture from the top. See the difference in the posture from Shooting behind Cover. Kinda what I was mentioning in the SF thread.

Great pics btw.
its a greate positure but it have its negative part like less control on gu. Recoil becoz when u shoot in sloppy terian in inclined manner it have issue of recoil control even on short bursts,anyway am ok with Indian soldiers posture not tatical bit simple and elegant

rkhanna

Country flag
its a greate positure but it have its negative part like less control on gu. Recoil becoz when u shoot in sloppy terian in inclined manner it have issue of recoil control even on short bursts,anyway am ok with Indian soldiers posture not tatical bit simple and elegant
I have shot in slanted gun postures a number of times. granted in 556 only. If someone is trained well its not a problem.

Indian Posture is Simple and elegant and much more likely to find sticky incoming fire.

Like i said only an example. in the SF thread there is a video of Indian and US SF firing from behind cover and the two approaches are apples and oranges.

Better Tactic is supposed to provide as much security to a soldier as body armour and a helmet.

There is always a better mouse trap to be built. We stopped somewhere in the 80s.

PS. Disclaimer - Just my opinion. Just trying to say is that we have been doing things the same way for donkeys of years. Given the amount of information out there and access to it and given the level of exposure the Army now has training with others i wish new training modules / methods are incorporated

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles