The FLAME launcher

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
The FLAME launcher

Can you give info on this weapon?

As far I know it can fire the 9K113 Konkurs (AT-5 Spandrel), the 9K11 Fagot (AT-4 Spigot) and the Milan-II anti-tank guided missile. And it is designed by DRDO. Are these info true?

aanshu001

The FLAME launcher

As far I know it can fire the 9K113 Konkurs (AT-5 Spandrel), the 9K11 Fagot (AT-4 Spigot) and the Milan-II anti-tank guided missile. And it is designed by DRDO. Are these info true?
MILAN - II, is a french design under licensed production by India

Pintu

Jackprince is India developing any of this kind indigenously ?

Regards

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The FLAME launcher

The information that you have stated is valid.
Developed by Bharat Dynamics Limited, FLAME is a universal launcher - for both infantry and vehicle use - which can fire the 9K113 Konkurs (AT-5 Spandrel), the 9K11 Fagot (AT-4 Spigot) and the Milan-II anti-tank guided missile.

It was mainly designed for Abhay IFV: India's own IFV design currently in prototype form.This IFV will have a 40 mm gun based on the proven Bofors L70 (Armour piercing and explosive rounds), a Firecontrol system derived from the Arjun project with a Thermal imager, all-electric turret and gun stabilization, a locally designed FLAME launcher for locally manufactured Konkurs-M anti-tank missiles, and an Indian diesel engine. The armour will be lightweight composite, derived from the experience with the Kanchan project on the Arjun.

Don't know too much yet. It is still in its nascent stage.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles