The first Aegis is on Vayag

redragon

Country flag

enlarge the pic, you can see the first Aesa has been partially installed, and you can see at least 3 red tanks on the dack, those must be the containers for Aegis.
and you also can see that they are painting the island.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Bro, do not you think you are making a wild speculation???

redragon

Country flag
not at all, I have followed through the whole process when chinese put the aegis on their destroyers, I know exactly what it looks like at the beginning stage

ahmedsid

Top Gun
not at all, I have followed through the whole process when chinese put the aegis on their destroyers, I know exactly what it looks like at the beginning stage
Isnt the Varyag gonne be some kinda tourist attraction? Do you mean to say that the engines and all finalised on the ship?? What about the Planes and all? God Speed

BunBunCake

AEGIS?!?!!?
Am i thinking of the same "Aegis Missile Defense System" or this something different?

(0_0)

Last edited:

Necrosis Factor

Isnt the Varyag gonne be some kinda tourist attraction? Do you mean to say that the engines and all finalised on the ship?? What about the Planes and all? God Speed
That tourist attraction story is one giant front. Tourist attractions don't go through DeGaussing procedures to avoid mines.

Before and After pics of the process:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
AEGIS?!?!!?
Am i thinking of the same "Aegis Missile Defense System" or this something different?

(0_0)
It seems the Chinese have an Aegis class Air Defence system or something! As usual, we dont know much about it because all info out of China is filtered as usual.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
That tourist attraction story is one giant front. Tourist attractions don't go through DeGaussing procedures to avoid mines.

Before and After pics of the process:
Lets see what comes of all this! At the end of the day, thats what matters!

Country flag
There was speculation a few years ago that Chinese had learned about AEGIS thru the Japanese?? How much is true is unknown but this could be anther prank by China to make people think they have AEGIS, I highly doubt China has anything close to AEGIS.

redragon

Country flag
I use "Aegis" here just to let members know roughly what they are installing on Vayag, that actually is not Aegis but a chinese copy, no one knows how good that is.
To ahmedsid
if you don't just read indian media only, you can find out the info about Vayag is everywhere for years. My conclusion about it is the engine has been ok, the fighter for AC has took off 6 months ago and pilots have been trained how to take off and land in. In a year or two you should see Vayag to be on the see with fighters on it, only it won't be called Vayag by that time. These are all open information in Chinese pro forum, just you don't know Chinese. So people keep posting latest update on the ship on foreign websits like sinodefenceforum.com in English, you can check it out there.

Country flag
Since you are claiming it is an AEGIS like system what radar is being used to facilitate this?? Does China have X-band radar or S band radar?

Last edited:

redragon

Country flag
Since you are claiming it is an AEGIS like system what radar is being used to facilitate this??
I am just a fan of weapons, not a pro, I don't know details, but some members who were believed to be insiders of defence industry in Chinese defence forum said those are AESA, the whole system is a copy of Aegis in turns how to process info and operate.
Those "insiders" leak acurate information many times before public get to know from offical channels, so I personally believe they are reliable source, actually a lot pictures or info on Janes and Kanwa were from those defenceforum like CD and FY without paying fee to the original writters or photographers.

Country flag
China can make AESA radar for it's ships and it cannot make it for it's planes??

redragon

Country flag
China can make AESA radar for it's ships and it cannot make it for it's planes??
From official channels we already knew the KJ-2000/200 are using AESA. And destroyers #171/170 have been using that for 3-4 years already.
From CD and FY, I knew the Smaller one for fighters have been test by using y-8, J-10B and J-11 BS

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Links (not some personal opinions on any forum)
or
this is fanboy fantasy!

We can speculate anything from pictures or eyes by just looking,

yesterday i saw some heavy machine in army camp here, i think its Teleporter (nobody won't believe!)....

Absolutes please..........

redragon

Country flag
To nrj
I am here to share what I know, my opinions and pictures I found maybe interesting for DFI, but absolutly no intention to convince you or anybody, I don't care you believe or not at all. I was simply answering questiones by what I know or what I think I know.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well thanks for leaking some info on your carrier. Appreciate your honesty in calling the system installed as a "copy" of aegis. I hope the ccp doesnt come behind you. Take care of yourself. We have ccp spies on DFI.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
How did the Chinese get to Copy the Aegis? Is it the same way they got hold of the F117 and made a stealth plane reverse engineering it? :) The Japanese operate the Aegis but how did the chinese get their hands on them? Last time I checked Japan is wary of China and vice versa, mutual distrust exists even to this day. Can you tell me how the Chinese Aegis can be said to have been derived from US Aegis System? God Speed

notinlove

It must be aegis or whatever you might wanna call it , i don't care .

just temme which engine have you installed on this thing? as far as i know it was designed for steam boilers , and they are just pure bull crap. also , what are you going to fly off of it? Kites??

redragon

Country flag
It must be aegis or whatever you might wanna call it , i don't care .

just temme which engine have you installed on this thing? as far as i know it was designed for steam boilers , and they are just pure bull crap. also , what are you going to fly off of it? Kites??
Should be steam boilers, a copy of Su-33 has been flying for months. Just wait 1-2 years, I believe I can paste picture of that on DFI

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles