The first Aegis is on Vayag

redragon

Country flag
One mistake members here easy to make is underestimate Chinese abilities to do research and obsorb technologies. CCP maybe shity for a lot of things but it did show very strong ability in organizing big projects.
We don't have to discuss too many details at this time, because you don't have to wait very long to see more pictures, the facts will tell themselves

Necrosis Factor

How did the Chinese get to Copy the Aegis? Is it the same way they got hold of the F117 and made a stealth plane reverse engineering it? :) The Japanese operate the Aegis but how did the chinese get their hands on them? Last time I checked Japan is wary of China and vice versa, mutual distrust exists even to this day. Can you tell me how the Chinese Aegis can be said to have been derived from US Aegis System? God Speed
There was a pretty well publicized leak back in 2007 where a Japanese Navy Officer over an AEGIS data leak.

Chinese spies with US AEGIS material
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/nov/04/20051104-111851-2539r/

But prior to this incident the Chinese have been operating AEGIS destroyers already. The older models are Type 052C's and the brand new ones are Type 054A's.

http://www.afcea.org/signal/articles/templates/SIGNAL_Article_Template.asp?articleid=992&zoneid=7

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
To nrj
I am here to share what I know, my opinions and pictures I found maybe interesting for DFI, but absolutly no intention to convince you or anybody, I don't care you believe or not at all. I was simply answering questiones by what I know or what I think I know.
Well, you don't need to please me buddy (You can't actually in terms of technical clarification).
If you don't care I believe it or not, then don't even care to QUOTE me, while i continue to care what's being posted & is justified or not....

One mistake members here easy to make is underestimate Chinese abilities to do research and obsorb technologies. CCP maybe shity for a lot of things but it did show very strong ability in organizing big projects.
We don't have to discuss too many details at this time, because you don't have to wait very long to see more pictures, the facts will tell themselves
No one here underestimate capabilities of Chinese engineers; personally even i don't, i respect Chinese engineer's abilities to make a potent machine.

As you said facts will tell themselves, till then i strongly disagree with what you think & facts are limited to "Your thinking" not the facts....

I urge to merge this discussion in the already existing thread about Chinese aircraft carrier here...

Chinese aircraft carrier

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
That tourist attraction story is one giant front. Tourist attractions don't go through DeGaussing procedures to avoid mines.
When did the 'Varyag' undergo degaussing?

Link and source. Nothing from a 'blog' please.

Necrosis Factor

U.S. Pacific Commander Robert Willard 25 in testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives, saying that the transformation of China's armed forces, the Asia-Pacific region is affecting the military balance. Willard in his testimony, it is also the first public disclosure of Chinese anti-ship ballistic missile is being tested. Willard also believe that China's second-hand aircraft will be put into use around 2012, may be used for training. Recent Online circulating carrier Varyag exit again, dry dock photos.
Network, the latest images show the aircraft carrier Varyag repair although not yet finished but has already begun warship degaussing.

http://www.comhaha.com/blog/2010/03...e-aircraft-carrier-commissioned-in-2012-chart

And from the pictures I posted show the process (pretty strong proof).

Country flag
This report by Willard was to get more funding for US navy. The greater the Chinese threat the more money US navy gets.

BunBunCake

By the way, calling the Chinese system the Aegis because it's "like" the Aegis confuses people. Please don't do that. ;DD

Rage

DFI TEAM
U.S. Pacific Commander Robert Willard 25 in testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives, saying that the transformation of China's armed forces, the Asia-Pacific region is affecting the military balance. Willard in his testimony, it is also the first public disclosure of Chinese anti-ship ballistic missile is being tested. Willard also believe that China's second-hand aircraft will be put into use around 2012, may be used for training. Recent Online circulating carrier Varyag exit again, dry dock photos.
Network, the latest images show the aircraft carrier Varyag repair although not yet finished but has already begun warship degaussing.

http://www.comhaha.com/blog/2010/03...e-aircraft-carrier-commissioned-in-2012-chart
I said 'no blogs'.

Your 'blog' does not quote U.S. Pacific Commander Robert Willard, in his testimony before the House of Representatives, as saying the aircraft carrier has "begun degaussing". It 'quotes' him as saying this:

"the transformation of China's armed forces, the Asia-Pacific region is affecting the military balance. Willard in his testimony, it is also the first public disclosure of Chinese anti-ship ballistic missile is being tested. Willard also believe that China's second-hand aircraft will be put into use around 2012, may be used for training."
...which is standard Pentagon refrain for securing White House funding. The U.S. has always, and everywhere, both in history and contemporaneously, overestimated its opponents' offensive capabilities, despite intelligence reports to the contrary- which I agree is good manner of proceeding. But provides no accurate guage to enemy capabilities whatsoever.

And then proceeds to add this:

And from the pictures I posted show the process (pretty strong proof).
Your 'pics' don't prove anything. Degaussing of ship's hulls requires a degaussing cable, which I do not see in those pics. Nor does China have any system comparable to HTS-Degaussing, which itself was patented in the United States in 2009.

In any case, we'll soon know. I invite anyone with good photochop skills to analyze and interpret those photos. If they're not PS'ed, I'd be surprised.

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
Irrespective of the Commander's motive, the DeGaussing of the Varyag still stands. It doesn't disprove anything.
The Commander's 'motive' is a very important factor. Congressional 'testimonies' or testimonies in parliament are always on an agenda. Even more so, because it was quoted off a blog.

Your 'pics' don't prove anything. Unless China has invested in a new method of degaussing unknown to the earth. Because they don't display any of the systems in known methods of degaussing.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It ain't no AEGIS, it is the Russian FREGAT radar

Rage

DFI TEAM
Anyways, the pictures are from china-defense blog run by MP's who appear to be reliable.

http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2010/01/latest-photo-of-varyags-island.html

These pictures show the Varyag undergoing island refitting to install various radar equipment. Again I ask, why the installation on a supposed tourist trap?
A blog is a blog.

That particular 'blog' has been known for spewing out rubbish based on photoshopped images before. In particular, images of J-XX construction that were later found to be photoshopped versions of F-22 assembly at Lockheed Martin's Marietta, Ga. facility.

Necrosis Factor

A blog is a blog.

That particular 'blog' has been known for spewing out rubbish based on photoshopped images before. In particular, images of J-XX construction that were later found to be photoshopped versions of F-22 assembly at Lockheed Martin's Marietta, Ga. facility.
I'm not an expert...but the pictures certainly don't look photoshopped.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Uh...if you don't understand what we are talking about, please do ask.
Uh... if you don't understand what AEGIS is, please don't post stupid threads about something that isn't AEGIS.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I'm not an expert...but the pictures certainly don't look photoshopped.
No you aren't.

Which is why we'll wait for someone who is.

Nevertheless, that blog has zero credibility in the eyes of any major defense professional.

Even if it is not, that is not a degaussing process in place.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Oh come on guys, chuck it; our BELIEVERS have no evidence or proof of whatsoever they are claiming.

I agree with ARMANAD, there is nothing credible about this thread's motive so just merge it in original "Chinese Carrier Thread" & stop wasting bandwidth of forum....

Probably some Transformers movie effect here, car turns into Robot & some piece of trash actually being sophisticated AEGIS ...

I still request BELIEVERS to come up with neutral / credible source to justify the existence of whatever you are claiming...

badguy2000

Respected Member
Well thanks for leaking some info on your carrier. Appreciate your honesty in calling the system installed as a "copy" of aegis. I hope the ccp doesnt come behind you. Take care of yourself. We have ccp spies on DFI.
well, are you serous? do you really think CCP cares such a trivial forum like IDF,which has to digest second-handed from CD or FY?

If CCP really cared such leaks, CCP could just shut the source of leaks such as CD or FY directly.After all, Janes Defence and Kanwa quote news and information from CD or FY.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles