The Establishment of Pakistan

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Senior Pak journalist Matiullah Jan who spoke out against corruption by Pak establishment (army & ISI) was abducted by ISI agents in broad daylight today:

I have been saying for long: Pakistan Army is the world’s biggest terrorist organisation.

Last edited:

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pak Army operates death squads: Ehsanullah Ehsan. Old news. Very old news.

But this is the first time a militant/ ex-militant is confirming this.

Pak Army operates death squads: Ehsanullah Ehsan

Abhinandan Mishra
  • Published
  • :
  • August 15, 2020,
  • 10:44 pm

Ex-Taliban commander claims that the Pakistan Army hit-list has names of journalists.

New Delhi:

An 11-minute audio clip released by former Taliban commander, Ehsanullah Ehsan, has made public the names of the officers of the Pakistan Army, who had facilitated his “surrender” and were handling him. What has come as a bigger surprise is his claim that he was asked by the Pakistani Military Intelligence (MI) to be part of a “death squad” that comprised surrendered terrorists from various groups including Jaish-e-Mohammed and Ehsanullah’s former group, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). The objective of this death squad was to eliminate individuals whose names were selected and compiled by the Pakistan Army. These individuals were regarded as “anti-state” by the Army and hence were chosen to be assassinated.

Ehsan told The Sunday Guardian that he would be making the names of the individuals who were on this death list, public very soon. If the list and the content of it indeed become public and if it emerges that individuals on that list have been killed, it will confirm the long held suspicion that Pakistan Army has been operating and managing death squads that it uses to silence “troublemakers”.

These revelations have been taken cognizance of by international agencies and can have a bearing on the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) meeting, which is expected in September to review Pakistan’s case before it is placed in front of the FATF plenary, which is likely to take place in October.

Ehsan told The Sunday Guardian that the list had names of people mostly from Peshawar, Quetta and Mardan. “I was shown a list of those individuals the Pakistan Army wanted to eliminate, many of them were Pashtuns from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and a few of them were journalists,” he said. Ehsan also claimed that he was told that there were multiple other similar death squads that were already working in other parts of Pakistan, mainly in the region of Balochistan, that were carrying out killings on the orders of the Pakistan Army.

The clip was posted on YouTube on 10 August, after which Ehsan had shared the details of the same with this newspaper and other media outlets.

In the clip, Ehsan has shared what happened with him and his family between his surrender in April 2017 and his subsequent escape. His escape was first reported by The Sunday Guardian (Pak Taliban leader Ehsanullah Ehsan ‘flees’ from safe house, 18 January) in January 2020, a fact which Ehsan, too, has confirmed in the latest clip during which he has stated that his news of escape was first broken by an “Indian newspaper”.

In this clip, Ehsan, whose real name is Liaqat Ali, has named multiple officers of the Pakistan military, some now retired and some still serving, who facilitated his surrender and then worked as his handler.

According to the conversation that he had with The Sunday Guardian post the release of the audio clip and his statement released online, he had met Lieutenant General Asim Munir, who was heading the MI at the time after his “surrender”; Munir later went on to become the chief of the ISI.

“After surrendering, I was taken to Peshawar by Colonel Umar of MI, who was designated as my handler. From there, I was taken to a safe house at Jailil road in Peshawar which also has a church and St. John’s Cathedral School. My son Abbas Khan used to go to that very school. I stayed there for 18 months after which we were shifted to another safe house at Shami Road in Peshawar, which is near the PAF golf club. Apart from Colonel Uma, Brigadier Majid of MI was looking after me,” he has claimed.

In his audio message, Ehsanullah Ehsan has also shared photos from Google Map of the area where both the safe houses were located.

He told The Sunday Guardian that at any given time, five guards were stationed at his house, but they would not enter the house.

On the night of 12 January, he booked an online taxi with the help of his mobile phone. “I got out of the back door of the house with my family members and took a taxi to Haji Camp bus stand from where I took another vehicle. After a journey of 20 hours, I reached beyond the borders of Pakistan,” he claimed.

After travelling almost all night, once he reached a “safe” place, he called a Pakistani officer on WhatsApp to find out if he had heard of his escape. “I found out that no one had heard of my escape yet.”

Ehsan told The Sunday Guardian that his surrender pact was signed by General Munir along with one Major General Aamir, who had stood as guarantor that all the promises made by the Pakistan Army to Ehsan would be met with.

“Some days after the surrender, I realised that I was under house arrest, I was not allowed to go out, nor was anyone allowed to meet me, despite the agreement that was signed clearly stating that there would be no restrictions on my movement. Soon after, their behaviour and conduct became rude and they started reneging on their promises. When I called up Major General Amir, who had stood as guarantor, he simply said he was helpless. Perhaps the Pakistan Army was confident that I would not escape as I had my family with me and secondly, I had myself surrendered by my own wish,” he told The Sunday Guardian while responding to why only five guards were placed to guard him.

The Pakistan Army, for the first time, commented on this matter on Thursday. In a press briefing at the Pakistan Army’s headquarters in Rawalpindi, its spokesperson, Major General Babar Iftikhar stated that Ehsan had escaped while taking part in a military operation. “The comments made in the tape are absolutely baseless. He escaped while we were using him for an operation. He was in our custody and the information he gave helped us dismantle the terrorist organisations he was working for,” the spokesperson said.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This fiery speaker is Adv Ishrat Nasreen.The criminals in uniform- Pakistani Army abducted and tortured her for four days for speaking against the Army. See what the torture has done to her.1/2

This is Adv Ishrat after gruesome torture by Pakistani Army. This is the life of anyone who dare question moral less and corrupt Generals. It's the dictatorship by the uniformed behind a fake government in Pakistan. Time world sees it.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
#BREAKING: Pakistan Occupied Kashmir local resident Muhammad Sajjad Raja broke into tears at UNHRC in Geneva as he said Pakistan was treating them as ‘animals’. Says, Pakistan is running terror camps in so called ‘Azad Kashmir’. Begs before United Nations in tears for some help.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pakistan: People from Gilgit Baltistan carried out demonstrations in Muzaffarabad, Karachi & Hunza against Pak govt’s attempt to alter status of Gilgit Baltistan by making it a province.

They also protested against the crackdown on rights activists like Baba Jan. (11.10.2020)

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Karachi jalsa organized against ik/Pakistani establishment attracted a huge response from the public amid intimidation n threats from the Pakistani Military.

People of Pakistan have first time in History taken to Streets in the form of Massive Rally to Question Army's interference in Governance and Imran Khan playing puppet . Heavy Private Security has been put in place to protect Opposition leaders from Pak Army #PDMKarachiJalsa

As expected,media blackout was enforced under the orders of paki army

Mohsin Dawar demanded that allegations of political engineering against army chief Bajwa should be investigated. He also spoke of forming a truth commission. Dawar's speech was (predictably) not aired by any TV channel.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pak mil establishment doesn't possess an aota of human decency

@MaryamNSharif
claims cameras were installed in her toilet & cell during detention. Male politicians have also spoken about this before. -- The government/LEAs have clearly not figured out the balance between maintaining security and dignity of detainees.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Over the decade's its been well recorded that the Pakistani military establishment is a ruthless dictatorship which assassinates and maim whoever question their tyrannical reign.

Karima baloch is the latest victim to the isi sponsored hit squad which slained this young baloch activist in Canada.
Yes the same which harbors anti indian separatists which has power backers like the PM of Canada.

As usual trudeau government and their rcmp turning the blind to the murder of a human rights activist in their own backyard. Which is an example of naked irony exhibited by the "liberal" hero aka black face trudeau who often critiqued India on the grounds of human rights.

More often the Western countries pat themselves on their back for beating tyrannical nazi rule yet they turned their blind eye to the Pakistani dictatorship. On the contrary they profoundly supported with financial and defence cooperation with the Pakistani establishment.

Allowing wiggle room to the ruthless Pakistani cronies led to the level of arrogance of murdering a unarmed individual in a place where she thought a safe "first" world country,obviously which wasn't.

What These pseudo "liberal" state heads needs to understand is,if their operations network is well infused enough to take out an individual and they need to think how long it'll take to cause harm to their policy makers if they disagree with them.

Anyway I finish up my post with karimas bio and the reaction from various sides to document this heinous act commited by the terrorist regime.

Karima Baloch, Pakistani human rights activist, found dead in Canada
Husband says foul play cannot be ruled out after body of 37-year-old dissident discovered in Toronto

Explained: Who was Karima Baloch, the Pakistani human rights activist found dead in Canada?

Karima Baloch was a vocal critic of the Pakistani government and had actively worked to highlight human rights violations perpetrated upon people in Balochistan.

PAK ARMY KILLS DISSIDENTS AT HOME. ITS NOW KILLING DISSIDENTS ABROAD PAK ARMY KILLS DISSIDENTS AT HOME.

ITS NOW KILLING DISSIDENTS ABROAD PAK ARMY KILLS DISSIDENTS AT HOME.

ITS NOW KILLING DISSIDENTS ABROAD PAK ARMY KILLS DISSIDENTS AT HOME.

ITS NOW KILLING DISSIDENTS ABROAD

Young #KarimaBaloch thought she was safe in Canada.

Apparently not in Trudeau’s regime which shelters terrorists of various kinds.

There will be more assassinations of this kind.

The establishment of Pakistan must understand the basic rule of nature," what goes around comes around"

neatgye

Country flag
"most countries have an army, but Pakistan's army has a country. Even when it is not formally in power -- as it has been off and on for nearly half of Pakistan's 69-year history -- the Pakistani military wields tremendous influence as a kingmaker."

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/pakistan-army-country

This thread has been started to track and analyze the hold and misuse of their nation by Pakistani military.

Pakistani Military establishment is often criticised for its role on promoting global terrorism,not accepting the casualties of serving men and women to save face,gross human rights violations in Baluchistan,FATA and pastuns,rigging elections and installing puppet government in thier home country,venturing commercial entities,encroaching public lands for personal businesses,bullying media and misleading the public from truth,etc

This thread is to document and educate about Pakistani Military.

I request the mods to make this thread sticky,

It is true Pakistani establishment, like all democratic countries is overbearing.

the only difference is that they don't have a belligerent neighbour like India breathing down their neck and distorting people's mind.

I think Pakistan need more democratic institutions and the war will be over.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Establishment’s role
THE change of command at the ISI has become a subject of intense media coverage and discussion. The military on Wednesday notified a number of important transfers and postings that included the appointment of a new director general of the ISI. Lt Gen Nadeem Ahmad Anjum has replaced Lt Gen Faiz Hameed who will now command the corps in Peshawar.
The breathless wall-to-wall commentary on these appointments is a sad reflection on the state of affairs in the country where such appointments have acquired a larger-than-life image because of the oversized role that the establishment plays in the affairs of the state. In normally functioning democracies, the discussion on the appointments in intelligence agencies revolves around the professionalism of the officers tasked with the responsibility and the challenges that lie ahead for them. In Pakistan, sadly the debate is focused on the political impact of such appointments and how the new person would approach these aspects which have over the years become part and parcel of intelligence work.
It is no secret that the agencies have been actively involved in political affairs in the past. The formation of the IJI, a political alliance cobbled together after the death of military ruler Gen Ziaul Haq, was the handiwork of such agencies and this has now been officially acknowledged in front of the Supreme Court. The agencies also played a role in the events surrounding the issue of former army chief Gen Raheel Sharif’s extension. They were also major players in handling matters relating to the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan. These are just a few of the numerous examples that portray how the agencies continue to shape and influence matters that are outside their official purview. The latest appointment, and the frenzy surrounding it, is a reminder to all citizens, and especially those in decision-making positions, that Pakistan must strive to move beyond a state of functional existence where clearly defined institutional boundaries and limitations are cast aside with impunity at the altar of some vague expediency.
The new chief at the ISI has his work cut out for him. There are major challenges facing Pakistan around its borders and the agencies should be focusing all their attention, energies and resources on scuttling such external threats to the country. The volatile situation in Afghanistan in wake of the Taliban takeover, including the deadly threat from TTP, demands that all relevant institutions, including the ISI, do everything in their power to pursue hard national interests and objectives on the western and eastern front, while leaving the domestic front to those mandated to deal with it. This is no easy task given the chequered history of the establishment’s involvement in politics. But now is as good a time as ever to start making a change so that all institutions can fulfil their constitutional obligations and collectively strengthen Pakistan.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles