The enemy of my enemy is my friend! Is this true in case of India?

kseeker

Retired
I presume, everyone ought to have heard this age old saying " The enemy of my enemy is my friend ! ". However, is this true in case of India ?

Which countries can be considered as the friends of India ?

• USA
  • Russia
  • Israel
  • Vietnam
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • Iran
  • UK
  • France
  • Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • Nepal & Bhutan
  • European Countries
  • Middle East Countries

Adversaries of India:

• Pakistan - :first: or :second:?
  • China - :first: or :second: ?

It really puzzles me how twisted and convoluted the Global situation is !

• Iran and Iraq - They were once enemies, now ?
  • Iran and Saudi Arabia/Arab world - They hate each other to the eternity.
  • Iran and Israel - Shia's hate Jews
  • Saudi Arabia/Arab world - Israel - Even Sunni's hate Jews

• India and Iran - Once an enemy, now friends or Just business?
  • India and Saudi Arabia/Arab world - Friends or Just business or Wolves in Sheeps clothing ?
  • India and Israel - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and USA - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and Russia - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and Bangladesh - Don't know what it is !#!$!$!$ ?
  • India and European countries - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and Nepal & Bhutan - friends ?

• India and Vietnam, S.Korea and Japan - Friends or mutual interests ?

• Pakistan and China - Do I need to say anything ? :D
  • Pakistan and Israel - enemies but business !
  • Pakistan and Bangladesh - Kumbh ke mele me bichhade hue Bhai - Bhai ?
  • Pakistan and Iran - Friend or Enemy ?
  • Pakistan and Nepal - !#!$!$! ???
  • China and Nepal - Donations ???
  • China and Iran - business ?
  • China and Japan - 100 years of shame or only 2 pieces of rock in the sea ?
  • China and South Korea - ???
  • Japan and South Korea - ???

• USA and China - ???
  • USA and Russia - ???
  • Russian and China - ???
  • Iran and Russia - ???
  • Iran and USA - ???
  • Russia and Saudi Arabia - ???

:hair: :hair:

Do we (India) have real friends in this world in the first place ? or it's just a time and opportunity which defines Friends ?
:confused:

@Ray @TrueSpirit1 @pkroyal @Singh @pmaitra @Yusuf @SajeevJino @happy @Kunal Biswas @Neil @Blackwater @sayareakd @Dovah @razar @thakur_ritesh @Ankit Purohit, @SPIEZ @sydsnyper @Free Karma @AVERAGE INDIAN @Shirman @aragorn @ersakthivel @Taloha @Sridhar

Any thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Re: The enemy of my enemy is my friend ! Is this true in case of India

I dont think there is anything called real friendship in geopolitics. All relationships are based on perceived mutual interests, no matter how flawed they can be (e.g. Western democracies continued funding of AQ & fomenting Islamic extremism despite being at the receiving end).

The more these interests converge or diverge, more friendly or hostile resp. nations appear to each other, on any given issue.

There are many more factors at play like the ethos of a nation's society, shared cultural & historical affinities or antagonism, govt. in being, border situation, rivalry for monopolizing resources, being numero-uno & a country's world-view w.r.t. itself: based on which nation's imbibe status-quoism or revisionism as the fundamental hallmark of their policies.

Our interests converge most closely with Russia, Vietnam, Japan, S. Korea, Nepal, Bhutan, Mauritius (irrespective of our varying influence in these nations) & occasionally with Israel, Iran, France, US (in ensuring security of sea-lanes & freedom of navigation) & sometimes China as well, which is manifested in issue-based collaboration like WTO/energy/carbon credits/tariff barriers/environmental issues, despite the rivalry & boundary disputes.

Pakistan is existentially a nemesis to us & we should not be wasting much efforts in courting them, rather focus inwards in becoming a developed country & a technological superpower. That is the only way out for us given the geography we are placed in: most dangerous & hugely advantageous as well (if managed with dexterity).

Last edited:

happy

Do we (India) have real friends in this world in the first place ? or it's just a time and opportunity which defines Friends ?

Any thoughts ?
I think you have just summed up the situation which I highlighted. There are no real friends, especially not between countries. Friendship is only tried and tested relationship. If one dithers, the other dallies and so on and so forth.

Blackwater

I presume, everyone ought to have heard this age old saying " The enemy of my enemy is my friend ! ". However, is this true in case of India ?

Which countries can be considered as the friends of India ?

• USA
  • Russia
  • Israel
  • Vietnam
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • Iran
  • UK
  • France
  • Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • Nepal & Bhutan
  • European Countries
  • Middle East Countries

Adversaries of India:

• Pakistan - :first: or :second:?
  • China - :first: or :second: ?

It really puzzles me how twisted and convoluted the Global situation is !

• Iran and Iraq - They were once enemies, now ?
  • Iran and Saudi Arabia/Arab world - They hate each other to the eternity.
  • Iran and Israel - Shia's hate Jews
  • Saudi Arabia/Arab world - Israel - Even Sunni's hate Jews

• India and Iran - Once an enemy, now friends or Just business?
  • India and Saudi Arabia/Arab world - Friends or Just business or Wolves in Sheeps clothing ?
  • India and Israel - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and USA - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and Russia - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and Bangladesh - Don't know what it is !#!$!$!$ ?
  • India and European countries - Friends or Just business ?
  • India and Nepal & Bhutan - friends ?

• India and Vietnam, S.Korea and Japan - Friends or mutual interests ?

• Pakistan and China - Do I need to say anything ? :D
  • Pakistan and Israel - enemies but business !
  • Pakistan and Bangladesh - Kumbh ke mele me bichhade hue Bhai - Bhai ?
  • Pakistan and Iran - Friend or Enemy ?
  • Pakistan and Nepal - !#!$!$! ???
  • China and Nepal - Donations ???
  • China and Iran - business ?
  • China and Japan - 100 years of shame or only 2 pieces of rock in the sea ?
  • China and South Korea - ???
  • Japan and South Korea - ???

• USA and China - ???
  • USA and Russia - ???
  • Russian and China - ???
  • Iran and Russia - ???
  • Iran and USA - ???
  • Russia and Saudi Arabia - ???

@Ray @TrueSpirit1 @pkroyal @Singh @pmaitra @Yusuf @SajeevJino @happy @Kunal Biswas @Neil @Blackwater @sayareakd @Dovah @razar @thakur_ritesh @Ankit Purohit, @SPIEZ @sydsnyper @Free Karma @AVERAGE INDIAN @Shirman @aragorn @ersakthivel @Taloha @Sridhar

Any thoughts ?
enemy''s enemy is friend till they are enemy. in today's world, nobody is friend of anybody,its all about interest(mafadaat). as long as u have common goal or objectives u r friend otherwise u r just friend

india- usa has common goal that is china and pakistan.

amoy

@kseeker already hv got answers yrself - India is a lonely wolf having no "friends". all just business! examples? u're RUSSIA's top customer and now JAPAN is trying to sell jets to u the last deepocket on the earth. sanwiched BHUTAN just aint got choice otherwise culd hv turned out to b another NEPAL.

only eternal interest! be prepared to pass out orders or alms (like fuel subsidy to the last protege Bhutan) or India will lose big time.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

There are no real fiends, In the world of nations ..

kseeker

Retired

india- usa has common goal that is china and pakistan.
india- usa has common goal :confused: I am unable to comprehend this, can you please elaborate ?

India & Pakistan, it's Kashmir issue mainly. India and China - Again border conflicts i.e. Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh. What Amreeka has common with us ?

happy

@kseeker already hv got answers yrself - India is a lonely wolf having no "friends". all just business! examples? u're RUSSIA's top customer and now JAPAN is trying to sell jets to u the last deepocket on the earth. sanwiched BHUTAN just aint got choice otherwise culd hv turned out to b another NEPAL.

only eternal interest! be prepared to pass out orders or alms (like fuel subsidy to the last protege Bhutan) or India will lose big time.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Better to be a lonely wolf than a bitch getting ***** by practically everybody, ehh ?? !! BTW, I take your comments about russia and japan as just whinings. Never mind !!

happy

india- usa has common goal :confused: I am unable to comprehend this, can you please elaborate ?

India & Pakistan, it's Kashmir issue mainly. India and China - Again border conflicts i.e. Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh. What Amreeka has common with us ?
Right. I dont want us to have america involved in anything more than selling equipment.

kseeker

Retired

I agree.

India will lose big time, but what ? Bhutan ?

Do they have any other choice ? ( according to you )

Blackwater

Right. I dont want us to have america involved in anything more than selling equipment.
you u have u involve with america in geo-politics of today as china is stabbing u in north. but yes india has to play cards properly not like pakistan who lay on everybody's bed

Blackwater

to contain China:cool2::cool2:

happy

you u have u involve with america in geo-politics of today as china is stabbing u in north. but yes india has to play cards properly not like pakistan who lay on everybody's bed
Well, to put it in perspective, America lost valuable ground due to the DK fiasco. China naturally is wary of America's friendship with India. And India has to choose between dealing with China alone or in conjunction with America. I think India will choose the latter albeit indirectly.

Maybe they are trying to portray to the rest of the world that India and America are not together while the truth is on the contrary. As always, these are just my musings.

kseeker

Retired

to contain China:cool2::cool2:
To some extent. However, Amreeka still supports Pakistan to annoy India :mad: it's a vicious deadlock :tsk:

happy

To some extent. However, Amreeka still supports Pakistan to annoy India :mad: it's a vicious deadlock :tsk:
I think America has become too much involved with Pakis that they simply cannot afford to tacitly distance themselves anymore. Truly a pain in the a$$.

tramp

Wonder why the word "friendship" should ever crop up in geopolitics unless its a discussion among maudlin adolescents.

The word in geopolitics is used to fool illiterate constituency by using such narratives as higher than the Himalayas and deeper than the oceans blah blah...

Strategically, no country is going to support us unless there is something in it for them... short or long term!

kseeker

Retired

I think America has become too much involved with Pakis that they simply cannot afford to tacitly distance themselves anymore. Truly a pain in the a$$.
True. However, situation might change post US troops are evacuated from Afghanistan.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag

Russia .............but kindly check the below

There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth.

Chanakya

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned

Containing China & ensuring security of sea-lanes (SLOC's) & freedom of navigation across Indian Ocean (from Persian Gulf to Straits of Malacca & maybe, Yellow Sea, South China Sea, as well).

Source: My previous post in this thread.

P.S. You liked my post without even reading it.

Blackwater

after tere bin laden. amerika dont support pakistan but it has to take man and material from karachi.untill then few $$$

Global Defence

New threads

Articles