The End of the Chinese Dream

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
"I am not here to win anything because it really does not matter since this is no race or there are prizes being given."

Yup, and so do we. Although, you illogical reply really amused me, including the "50 cents" label. But not everybody feels like me.

This forum is too important to have more than one person earn "50 cents" every post. Please don't make Chinese Government bankrupt.
Brilliant answer!

Illogical! Good one that!

50 cents or $1, the message to you is a statement from Samuel Johnson -"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

And GB Shaw said - "Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy".

One has to understand what Mark Twain said - "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

If your Govt is doing the things right, it will not get bankrupt by organising the 50 cents.

Do understand, how many of you actually mention issues of China in a pragmatic manner? All that most of you do is show China as the Shining Star!! Does convey a 50 cent drive.

Now note the posts of Indians on this forum. None hesitate to mention the wrongs in India or take the Govt by the scruff!

So, spare us your Chinese pious platitudes and meaningless homilies!

Search your heart and salve your souls!

Last edited:

BackToEast

Country flag
That is because there is no such large country started their industrilization from such a low point. Any major industrial country went through the same painful path, why do you think chinese could be examption? I don't think so.

When did taiwan started their political reform? What is their GDP per capital in 1986? If you really have the knowledge of the background of taiwan's political reform, you would realise today is still not right time for any significant move yet.

If there is anything to be sure, then one of them would be: democracy alone can't cure corruption or make you foreign policy strong or 'right'. Here, we have a perfect example--- India.

And these same groups of people also think Mao is far better than Deng. So, do you want democracy or not?

But it doesn't mean you or CCP need to start screaming RIGHT NOW.
Kickok still is a child,haha. What will expect of a child?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kickok still is a child,haha. What will expect of a child?
Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.

So, if the impression is wrong, then who is to blame?

Those whose actions encourages such an impression!

Think that over!

RedDragon

Brilliant answer!

Illogical! Good one that!

50 cents or $1, the message to you is a statement from Samuel Johnson -"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

And GB Shaw said - "Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy".

One has to understand what Mark Twain said - "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

If your Govt is doing the things right, it will not get bankrupt by organising the 50 cents.

Do understand, how many of you actually mention issues of China in a pragmatic manner? All that most of you do is show China as the Shining Star!! Does convey a 50 cent drive.

Now note the posts of Indians on this forum. None hesitate to mention the wrongs in India or take the Govt by the scruff!

So, spare us your Chinese pious platitudes and meaningless homilies!

Search your heart and salve your souls!
Hehe, Thank you for the praise. Ray you are really the rainbow of my colorless life. ^_^
Patriotic, yes, I am Patriotic.
All my heart and my soul want China become the strongest country in the world. And now I think CCP lead China on the way to achieve this goal, although not perfected, but the main direction is correct, I support it.

RedDragon

And I don't think Kickok is on my opposite side. Both of us want the China become better, although some attitudes is different, but the main Goal is the same, a stronger China.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hehe, Thank you for the praise. Ray you are really the rainbow of my colorless life. ^_^
Patriotic, yes, I am Patriotic.
All my heart and my soul want China become the strongest country in the world. And now I think CCP lead China on the way to achieve this goal, although not perfected, but the main direction is correct, I support it.
I don't think you are any different from anyone else on the Earth.

All feel the same for their own country, though some while they want their country to flourish and prosper, are not afraid or hesitant not only to in facing reality, but also critically analysing what are the negativeness that is holding the country back.

The Chinese, apart from Kickok, and to some extent, Ohimalaya, are not that forthright and honest in their analysis of issues.

It was only Armand, who exposed the 'other side of Midnight'!

Till then, it was Tiger Tiger Burning Bright in the shadows of the Night!

RedDragon

I don't think you are any different from anyone else on the Earth.

All feel the same for their own country, though some while they want their country to flourish and prosper, are not afraid or hesitant not only to in facing reality, but also critically analysing what are the negativeness that is holding the country back.

The Chinese, apart from Kickok, and to some extent, Ohimalaya, are not that forthright and honest in their analysis of issues.

It was only Armand, who exposed the 'other side of Midnight'!

Till then, it was Tiger Tiger Burning Bright in the shadows of the Night!
Should I say sorry for not provide the information you want to hear?
And I think "The Chinese, apart from Kickok, and to some extent, Ohimalaya, are not that forthright and honest in their analysis of issues." is not polite.
In real life, if I meet Armand, the experience won't be happy, I come from northeast China, we are not very tolerant to in-polite people. Last year, in GuangZhou, I have beat a foreign man who mouth is not very clean.
I do think some Chinese is too spoil the Foreigners, make them not know who they are,perhaps it is a common problem in the poor country, But I'm not that kind of person.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And I think "The Chinese, apart from Kickok, and to some extent, Ohimalaya, are not that forthright and honest in their analysis of issues." is not polite.
Why?

I don't know them personally.

I go by what they write!

Last year, in GuangZhou, I have beat a foreign man who mouth is not very clean.
Now, that is what is impolite.

It also shows intolerance.

Now, if his mouth was not clean, you could have given him a mouthwash gargle!

RedDragon

Why?

I don't know them personally.

I go by what they write!
You are too judgmental to say so much people "not that forthright and honest". From "what you write", I also can get quite some bad words to you, like "not that forthright and honest".

Now, that is what is impolite.

It also shows intolerance.

Now, if his mouth was not clean, you could have given him a mouthwash gargle!
I just teach him to be polite and the multi-side of Chinese people. I do think polite of a country is not means that a foreigner can insult this country and the people of this country freely.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are too judgmental to say so much people "not that forthright and honest". From "what you write", I also can get quite some bad words to you, like "not that forthright and honest".
Not my opinion alone.

Compare the Chinese posters posts and you will see the reality.

Compare the posts of the others (to include non Chinese foreigners).

Compare the posts of even the Chinese posters with that of Kickok and Ohimalaya.

Why blame me?

I just teach him to be polite and the multi-side of Chinese people. I do think polite of a country is not means that a foreigner can insult this country and the people of this country freely.
There are many a time I would like to knock the block of many foreigners, but then our country's philosophy is Guest is God.

RedDragon

There are many a time I would like to knock the block of many foreigners, but then our country's philosophy is Guest is God.
Perhaps your attitude is similar to the people of south China. People of south is more gentle?

Anyway his words is really insult and I feel no regret to beat him.

RedDragon

Not my opinion alone.

Compare the Chinese posters posts and you will see the reality.

Compare the posts of the others (to include non Chinese foreigners).

Compare the posts of even the Chinese posters with that of Kickok and Ohimalaya.

Why blame me?

Anyway you have your pattern, like the factory pattern of Programming. All your conclusion is base on one father class.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Anyway you have your pattern, like the factory pattern of Programming. All your conclusion is base on one father class.
And your agenda is well known! ;)

What is one father class?

All should have one father, right?

One should not have too many fathers since one would not then be legitimate!

no smoking

Country flag
Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.

So, if the impression is wrong, then who is to blame?

Those whose actions encourages such an impression!

Think that over!
Wow, Sir, you take it too politically.

No one need to be blame. Making mistakes and being naive is a part of childhood. That is how everyone grows up.

I had the same impression as Kickok when I was in university: CCP should step down; We will be saved by democracy, bla bla.

After a couple years of social experience since graduation, I realised what kind of mission the CCP (or any future demcratic party) is facing.

After coming to australia, I started to appreciate what CCP archieved for this country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why should the CCP step down?

The Chinese people seem to appreciate the CCP and its work.

It is a Catch 22.

While it would do well if the CCP can loosen some control, but then the sudden transformation from a controlled society to liberalisation, can cause chaos.

However, the seed of independent thought and lifestyle has been injected by the boom and money. It has also brought in greed where many are using their official power to get rich quick. This is exactly what causes dissatisfaction and that is raising its ugly head. This aspect will cause problems for control, structured and stable society that the CCP is doing.

Democracy has its plus points, but it can also lead to great headaches, especially if the country is emerging from a totalitarian governance structure.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
Well, I have to say, Sir, you are talking like a politician: all the beautiful words, but nothing meanful; all the hollow promises, but no solution.

Unfortunately, we are dealing with Chinese public here instead of india: they ask far more than indians, freedom alone can't satisfy them.

There is a big difference between Chinese and indian: religion. Religion can make sure the bottom classes of indians to accept their miserable life and wish it would be different in next life. In China, people won't be fooled by this, either the gov comes to fix their lfie, or they will the gov.

Last edited:

kickok1975

I think we should stop debating here and let future run its course. CCP's fate depends on how it is planning to adjust itself. I wish CCP success because if not, or if not sooner, Chinese people could pay even bigger price and CCP could be washed into history drain remembered as one of the most brutal, knucklehead regime in modern Chinese history.
"No Smoking". I wish your judgment on CCP is right. Compare to your encounters with Chinese state or private business, I think my experience should be equally abundant, if not more. I'm still dealing with them frequently, if not on daily basis. I also worked in state and private business before and currently living in United States for more than 10 years. I traveled to China frequently and have extensive business network.
Bottom Line, I wish China best and look forward to a progressive and prosperous China.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
In real life, if I meet Armand, the experience won't be happy, I come from northeast China, we are not very tolerant to in-polite people. Last year, in GuangZhou, I have beat a foreign man who mouth is not very clean.

I do think some Chinese is too spoil the Foreigners, make them not know who they are,perhaps it is a common problem in the poor country, But I'm not that kind of person.
You apparently never messed with Westerners. You screw with them you go to labour camp. I saw it on the bus to Asian Games. They beat migrants all the time. Something seriously wrong with you people.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDragon

My impression for HanHan (韩寒) is much better after see his latest blogs. Because he becomes more realistic. In my impression, he used to be a "Say No Machine", not satisfied in everything. It seems that with the years passed by, he become more mature. Although I'm not satisfied with most of his attuides, but now his opinions are more interesting. Man, let's be realistic.

Below is his three latest blogs:
1,About Revolution
谈革命_韩寒_新浪博客
2,About Democratic
说民主_韩寒_新浪博客
3.About Freedom
说民主_韩寒_新浪博客

All these blogs are Chinese, sorry for the India members. You can translate it with Google. If anyone can translate it into English, I will be very thankful.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles