Tihar Jail
Banned

here are spme empty road for you

also i just found this funny looking road
:shocked:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Wow,if chinese goverment dear to build such a road it would be called a waste of money,and receive a lot criticizes,also i wonder why those road in your pictures always got so many dust along the edge of the road。
Why would it be called "waste of money"? Are you talking about the lack of traffic? You know, this is how inter-city highways all over the world look, generally, in terms of traffic? I don't know about Chinese highways since I have never gone by road from city-to-city in China, I have only gone by flight - but really, if you have to travel around 350+ km from city A to B on a highway, you need to be able to maintain an average speed of at least 80 km/hr - on the contrary, it will be a waste if the traffic is too much to be able to maintain that speed.

Basic commonsense about road travel.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The biggest difference between Chinese and Indian roads. Indian roads are wall to wall packed with traffic, Chinese roads outside of tier 1 cities largely remain sparsely trafficked. I couldn't believe how easy it was getting around a city of 11 million by car, just avoid the commuter hot spots. Accidents were the biggest problem.

Last edited:

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
The biggest difference between Chinese and Indian roads. Indian roads are wall to wall packed with traffic, Chinese roads outside of tier 1 cities largely remain sparsely trafficked. I couldn't believe how easy it was getting around a city of 11 million by car, just avoid the commuter hot spots. Accidents were the biggest problem.
well i havent been to those other tier city you talking about,and i didnt even know if my city is some kind tire 1 city,but the traffic jam does get pretty bad more and more often,goverment tried many ways to reduce that,but so far none work as we wished,so consider youself lucky you were not in one of those city。(ok i just checked,looks like my city isnt tire 1 after all,maybe tire 2?:laugh:):thumb:

picture of traffic jam in my city,its called chengdu,and trust me,you dont want to know how it looks like during after work hour

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If you take the expressway you will hardly see any traffic. This is a typical image of what I saw on it in Guangzhou...

cir

why bother with the brainwashed?These people have no idea about the number and magnitude of projects China is undertaking。Their pea-sized brain can't deal with the enormity of the transformation under way in their northern neighbour。

Last edited:

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
Major Highway of Shanghai...

OMG,you are still trying?those picture looks empty because they choose the time which there isnt many cars to show the best looking of the road,those are clearly offical picture,while picture i give you are not from offical,also those pictures above your post,you do know its a fact that the amount of cars are increasing very fast in china do you?just a few years back not much people are worrying about the traffic,and there isnt so many cars parked in the community i live,now its cars in every corner,often the car owner even need to call the other driver to move his car so the he can drive his own car out,im just fail to understand why more and more chinese from differnt city are worrying and talking about traffic jam,but some chini expert here try to say the traffic is empty,oh btw,those expressway just got some major jam going right now,look at the post above you。

you know what,dont bother raise your expert head of your,ill just give you a link which inculd a lot pictures ,i hope you chini expert know a bit chinese 车主质疑发卡加剧高速拥堵 交通部门回应_资讯频道_凤凰网

Last edited:

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
Also i have to say its even more funny for you to tell your "chinese roads are empty"theroy at today,because this time of the year its always the extremely busy time of chinese roads,especially those expressway,always a lot terrible traffic jam,because its the national celebriting day,well,those post of yours pretty much showed how much you actully know about china,i guess its true if some guy come out of nowhere and start call himself am expert,then you know you cant trust him。:tsk:

Last edited:

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
and about Guangzhou traffic you said,just try use google search "Guangzhou TRAFFIC JAM"ï¼Œi havent been to that city,but i see even some foreign media have reported the traffic jam problem。

chini expert:"yeah this looks pretty empty":cool2:

Last edited:

hantangsongming

If China's expressways are seeing so much traffic, why are they 2.3 trillion RMB in debt? :laugh:

http://www.chinamedia.com/news/2011/11/30/chinas-highway-toll-road-debt-totals-rmb-2-3-tln/
:rolleyes: Have you really read the article? China's toll roads recorded combined revenues of RMB 285.946 billion last year, you know what does it mean? you know the relations between revenues and long-term investment? yeah, to you, a knowledgeable ecnomist who pastes a lot of China economy related posts, that investment must be debt and forever a debt, salute to you, what can I say? what should I say?

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
And our expert come to show his ignorance once more,i guess i want to stick around this fun post a bit longer。:rofl:

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
I cant believe people in this forum got fooled by this "expert" so easily and likes him 1082 times,really?i just been to this forum about a day,and i can easily tell he never been to china and know very little about china,he dont even know when is the national celebriting day in china for christ sake,i guess i spent enough time on this forum,so farewell,gentlmen.:wave:

nimo_cn

Country flag
I cant believe people in this forum got fooled by this "expert" so easily and likes him 1082 times,really?i just been to this forum about a day,and i can easily tell he never been to china and know very little about china,he dont even know when is the national celebriting day in china for christ sake,i guess i spent enough time on this forum,so farewell,gentlmen.:wave:
People only believe what they want to believe. if Chinese roads being empty is what people want to believe, then so be it, why do you even bother?

nimo_cn

Country flag
why bother with the brainwashed?These people have no idea about the number and magnitude of projects China is undertaking。Their pea-sized brain can't deal with the enormity of the transformation under way in their northern neighbour。

Of all the pictures you posted, this one is my favorite.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
:rolleyes: Have you really read the article? China's toll roads recorded combined revenues of RMB 285.946 billion last year, you know what does it mean? you know the relations between revenues and long-term investment? yeah, to you, a knowledgeable ecnomist who pastes a lot of China economy related posts, that investment must be debt and forever a debt, salute to you, what can I say? what should I say?
Do you know what so much investment and debt really means? It means most of China's roads are undertraveled and in many cases, practically deserted. Like all other things China does, it has vast overcapacity of highways that it cannot turn a profit. When you build so much you are going to have most of it empty.

The Dark Side Of Chinese Infrastructure: Empty Highways, Unprofitable Ports And Too Many Airports And Trains - Business Insider

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
Alright you got me,i dont know what to say anymore,watching a foreigner screaming chinese road is empty during the extremely stressful days of chinese expressway,i just feel lucky this year i dont need to drive to my home city。。。。first you say only tier 1 city dont have empty roads,then i tell you traffic jam is getting more and more out of control in my city which is not a tier 1 city,far from tier 1 actully,care to explain why the reality is always quite the opposite to what you claimed?(also my homecity might be a tire 3 city,its a bit underdeveloped,but i dont feel the roads are empty too,just like other city,always see cars running around)

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles