The difference between Chinese roads and Indian ones

Rahul92

I don't whether the thread starter Badguy-2000 is surprised or not but i am surprised by seeing our Indian roads

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Is anyone else noticing how empty Chinese roads are?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This thread is about empty Chinese roads, not skylines.

ZH999

this looks pretty decent to me. I mean I don't see how some chinese roads are superior to this. unless contract for building the road is not given to some sub standard company, roads are comparable in both countries.
China Opens World's Longest Sea Bridge Spanning 26.4 Miles
[video=youtube_share;B0gaarzhaDU]http://youtu.be/B0gaarzhaDU[/video]

H.A.

China Opens World's Longest Sea Bridge Spanning 26.4 Miles
[video=youtube_share;B0gaarzhaDU]http://youtu.be/B0gaarzhaDU[/video]
Nice "promotional" video. I am sure China is good at doing things on a larger scale however it in no way means that India does not have proud moments for itself. Anyways, could please tell me as to which cities it links and when was it opened, was traffic not allowed while shooting the video because I saw only two vehicles in the whole 2.22 minutes of video?

ZH999

Wikipedia, China
Expressways of China

The National Trunk Highway System (NTHS) expressway network of the People's Republic of China is the second longest in the world, just 1,000 miles (1,600 km) short of the U.S. interstate system as of 2010. The total length of China's expressways was 85,000 kilometres (53,000 mi) by the end of 2011, the world's second longest only after the United States and roughly equal to Canada, Germany, France and Japan combined. In 2009, 4,719 kilometres (2,932 mi) of expressways were added to this network

Reactions: sob

s002wjh

Country flag
yea, but the toll booth bill will empty you pocket. there is a reason they call it "freeway" in US

ZH999

Nice "promotional" video. I am sure China is good at doing things on a larger scale however it in no way means that India does not have proud moments for itself. Anyways, could please tell me as to which cities it links and when was it opened, was traffic not allowed while shooting the video because I saw only two vehicles in the whole 2.22 minutes of video?
This bridge opened on 2011-6-30, and It links China's eastern port city of Qingdao to an offshore island, Huangdao. This video must be casted before it open . The two vehicles you have seen may be a construction vehicle, or just a checking car.

Last edited:

ZH999

Ya-Xi express-way, in mountainous South-West China, highest altitude point is 2,450M. Built on complicated geological conditions (crossing 2 fault zones with seasonal snowing and freezing), 240 KM long in total, including 270 bridges and 25 tunnels, bridge&tunnel percentage 54%. Ya-Xi express-way construction started in 06/2008 and scheduled to open in 06/2012.
[video=youtube_share;rfe64FKMz5E]http://youtu.be/rfe64FKMz5E[/video]

Last edited:

ZH999

That's one way to beat the traffic! China opens recordbreaking 4,000ft-long bridge. If you're behind the wheel and you aren't great with heights it's probably best not to look down. This record-breaking bridge has opened allowing motorists to cross over a canyon - at 1,102ft. Named the Aizhai Extra Large Suspension Bridge, it's now the world's highest and longest tunnel-to-tunnel bridge. Once on the bridge cars and lorries can motor along a two-way, four-lane motorway at about 50mph. Pedestrians can also walk along it on a special walkway under the road. The bridge is a key part of the Jishou-Chadong Expressway, a 64-kilometre road which has 18 different tunnels which cover about half of its length. It is hoped the bridge will help ease traffic jams which are common in the mountainous area which has narrow, steep and winding roads. The structure is supported by a base 78ft wide. China is has the longest bridge in the world, the Danyang Kunshan Grand Bridge which is just over 100miles long and was built two years ago to carry the Beijing–Shanghai high-speed railway.

libindi

Tihar Jail
Banned
Wow,if chinese goverment dear to build such a road it would be called a waste of money,and receive a lot criticizes,also i wonder why those road in your pictures always got so many dust along the edge of the road。

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles