The Deadliest Warrior: Rajput vs Roman?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior?wasRedirected=true should help

pmaitra

Which one is a deadlier warrior? Very difficult to say. However, if we are talking about armies, then Chandragupta Maurya's army that defeated Seleucus Nicator and captured Afghanistan (Gandhara/Kandahar) would definitely be in my list of great armies.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This show was coming last night from 11 to 12 ! And it was not a Rajput Warrior but a Sikh Warrior !! And the comparison was absurd....

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Lolz .. yes everyone noted that they started off well with orienting on the map of Rajasthan, but later the guys demonstrating Rajput weaponry were Sikhs.
Rajputs willing to demonstrate like that and converse in English (at the same time) were probably not too easily available for them :p
Also Rajputs are much rarer to find outside India when compared to Sikhs.

However there is immense similarity between Rajput and Sikh weaponry - its root source is the martial system of Rajputs vedic ancestors (kshatriyas), for example - Chakram. These weapons are already well described in Purans.

Fear I might be going OT. Fullstop.

Regards,
Virendra

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Lolz .. yes everyone noted that they started off well with orienting on the map of Rajasthan, but later the guys demonstrating Rajput weaponry were Sikhs.
Rajputs willing to demonstrate like that and converse in English (at the same time) were probably not too easily available for them :p
Also Rajputs are much rarer to find outside India when compared to Sikhs.

However there is immense similarity between Rajput and Sikh weaponry - its root source is the martial system of Rajputs vedic ancestors (kshatriyas), for example - Chakram. These weapons are already well described in Purans.

Fear I might be going OT. Fullstop.

Regards,
Virendra
Little History: Guru Hargobind had freed 52 Rajput Princes from Mughal imprisonment, and in gratitude the Rajput Princes taught the Sikhs the Rajput Martial Arts, which the Sikhs later modified and codified into Gatka.

Flint

What about the post- Mughal period. Most Rajput and Sikh kingdoms allied with the British during their period of expansion, while Marathas, Tipu Sultan etc. resisted them. A few exceptions were there of course - Gwalior, Jhansi. I guess they wanted an ally against the Mughals.

Last edited:

Tronic

What about the post- Mughal period. Most Rajput and Sikh kingdoms allied with the British during their period of expansion, while Marathas, Tipu Sultan etc. resisted them. A few exceptions were there of course - Gwalior, Jhansi. I guess they wanted an ally against the Mughals.
Thats untrue. Punjab and its various Sikh kingdoms were the last to fall, so it were not the Sikhs who were helping the British expand, rather, the British had already taken out the Marathas and all the other smaller kingdoms of the subcontinent before the Anglo-Sikh wars took place. Infact, the Maratha empire had capitulated to the British 30 years before the British were able to take Punjab; and it were Bengali, Marathi and various other Indian soldiers which the British employed against the Khalsa armies in Punjab. This bitterness was one of the reasons that the Sikhs remained loyal to the British against the Indian wars of independence. Sikh kingdom was a lost cause, and they would rather have the British rule as the unifying force in Punjab rather than have other "foriegn" Indian kings ruling the land, especially since the others put the Mughal king as their leader, the same Mughals which had become tributaries to the Sikh Empire.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Which one is a deadlier warrior? Very difficult to say. However, if we are talking about armies, then Chandragupta Maurya's army that defeated Seleucus Nicator and captured Afghanistan (Gandhara/Kandahar) would definitely be in my list of great armies.
Unfortunately, we know very little about the exact composition of that army. It would be great to know.

And don't forget the army (but more importantly, the navy) of Rajendra Cholan, who conquered the islands of Indonesia. Granted, he was quite brutal and inhumane in his conquests, but the Chola mastering of naval warfare and logistics deserves exceptional attention. No other Indian empire understood the importance of maritime dominance as well as the Cholas.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Hmm .. may be the mods can close this thread as it has gone OT and a new one could be started in appropriate section to discuss "Indian martial communities - war and history".
That makes sense?

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Virendra,

Open a new thread with some starting material to get going the thread. Then I will close this thread.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I'm on vacation at home town and don't have my laptop with me right now.
If no one else does by monday, I will do it surely on monday-tuesday as I come back.

OpTicSeh

When people say such words they insult warriors like maharana Pratap, hameer Dev chauhan. Thakur Khangaar Singh Kacchawaha, Somedev Chauhan, many many more.The only rajputs who supported Mughals were the Shekawats and for sometime the rathores, But the Rathores fought against them many a times as well, When Shivaji was captured by the Mughals the Shekawat king Maan singh helped him escape, Shekawats were great diplomats, they maintained the balance of power though they compromised on honour but still protected their people from brutalities..More than the Rajputs who supported the Mughals there have been many many many more Rajputs who sacrificed everything fighting against them ...Their women burned themselves alive in jauhar to protect their honour...Only Rajput women have been known to do such act of exemplary bravery..rani Padmini the most famous one..Rajputs didnt support the Marathas caz even the Martha demanded wat the mughals demanded and that is Rajput should accept Martha superiority.....which Rajputs didnt.
First off u don't know shit about history alright why don't you learn from someone from the state of where this all took place you say you don't like rajputs and you prefer Marathi i think your retarded because Marathi were rajputs you idiot it was a different empire but there were still rajputs this all depeneded on your last name for example Mahrana Pratap was from the Sissodia clan just as Shivaji was from Marathi it all depended on where you were born if your telling me that the Marathi were like mughals then why were they fighting against them idiot also explain to me. The mughals were a group of people that came from other countries to invade India you have 0 knowledge come to india and learn the actual history im not going to argue with a white man across the country over his history because im not from their and he would have better knowledge on his own history than any other person not from their, also in india there are different rankings Brahmin, Rajput, Khatri, and the other people i forget names were like those people that made shoes and shit. There is no class for marathi because that was a place not a warrior the marathi were all rajputs and mughals were muslims.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Little History: Guru Hargobind had freed 52 Rajput Princes from Mughal imprisonment, and in gratitude the Rajput Princes taught the Sikhs the Rajput Martial Arts, which the Sikhs later modified and codified into Gatka.
Hahaha, source for this claim .

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hahaha, source for this claim .
We'll find, our oral history has been verified to be mostly correct though. We don't really need to lie, we have stuff like aurangzeb's spy converting and giving his last report after seeing guru ji kill and bring 5 men back to life.

Chamkaur, Saragari, Muktsar speak for themselves.

I've just seen you being 'difficult' towards my brother about Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, our dada as well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is nothing like a deadliest warrior.

The circumstances and environment decides the outcome of ferocity.

Even a cornered cat can be real deadly!

So can a mouse!

There are many instances in history that even the deadliest have turned tail!

And the meek have turned deadly instead!

David and the Goliath!

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
We'll find, our oral history has been verified to be mostly correct though. We don't really need to lie, we have stuff like aurangzeb's spy converting and giving his last report after seeing guru ji kill and bring 5 men back to life.

Chamkaur, Saragari, Muktsar speak for themselves.

I've just seen you being 'difficult' towards my brother about Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, our dada as well.
I just asked any non sikh source and that is all.

Last edited:

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Guys why is every one fighting ? Rajputs, Sikhs and Marathas were all great warriors.
Agreed but the thread is about romans versus rajputs and i think in close combat romans will crush any indian force.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Agreed but the thread is about romans versus rajputs and i think in close combat romans will crush any indian force.
This comparison is not very fruitful as I've learned.
Basically, both the powers belong to very different geographies, timelines and military technologies.
Comparing them won't do any good.
For argument sake, I'd say Rajputs strength was close combat after galloping with a frontal cavalry charge.
They're likely to prevail in close combat only.

Regards,
Virendra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles