The Curse of Being a Pakistani

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The question that bugs me is,' Why does Indian Muslims in Britain find Pakistanis closer at heart than Indian non Muslims?'
1) any proof of that?

2) are they still Indians or 2nd or 3rd gen Brits of Indian origin? If Brits then well, they are Brits and their past links them to India.

panduranghari

'In the UAE, I can personally vouch for the fact that anyone who is not a local (Emarati) or a gora, is subject to some kind of prejudice, and Pakistanis too are scrutinized in a circumspect manner.
Yusuf Bhai it's true in the UK too.

panduranghari

1) any proof of that?

2) are they still Indians or 2nd or 3rd gen Brits of Indian origin? If Brits then well, they are Brits and their past links them to India.
I know a few senior registrars who work with my wife and these guys are truely bees knees. These guys are from Bandra, Worli, Kalyan so all in around Mumbai. But I do find their behaviour bizzare to say the least.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The question that bugs me is,' Why does Indian Muslims in Britain find Pakistanis closer at heart than Indian non Muslims?'
The reason being that in the UK most muslims stay in Muslim neighbourhoods only
irrespective of whether they are Indians or Pakistanis or Bangladeshis

This is because of security reasons and the fact that after 9/11 and 7/7 London bombings
Muslims are under tremendous scrutiny and suspicion

Infact some time back I read an interesting economic comparision between Hindus and Muslims
of UK as stated by a UK Muslim

He said the Number of Muslims is Twice that of Hindus but the family incomes of Muslims are just Half
that of Hindus

He was alluding to the growing economic success of UK Hindus as compared to UK muslims

Blackwater

I don't think so and more over these Pakis consider themselves superior Muslims then Afgan or Indian Muslims in UK..

when i was in UK, working in a bank. I know muslim lady from bombay with Indian passport. she was my customer and she was more close to me then anybody else:p:p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't think so and more over these Pakis consider themselves superior Muslims then Afgan or Indian Muslims in UK..

when i was in UK, working in a bank. I know muslim lady from bombay with Indian passport. she was my customer and she was more close to me then anybody else:p:p
how much interest did you give ?

:pound:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Title changed and made a sticky. Another thread "dedicated" to our "friends".

I am sure their will be other storis out there.
I wont have pukis here to troll with. they wont come here if you make this sticky. I have to go and search other places to find their ultrastupid comments. This is unfair:cry:

Adux

Country flag
I enjoy their misery, Brigadier can say whatever he wants, Pakistan as a society, culture and ethnicity is something the world could do without, immediately.
They are not decent nor are they honorable

Adux

Country flag
Do you guys realize how childish this is? Yes, Pakistan is the root of many problems in the world today and hence it is not surprising that Pakistan and Pakistanis are viewed with suspicion and derision. However taking joy in the misery of millions of non radicalized Pakistanis who are caught up in this mess is childish. It is unfortunate that many of you don't realize that the aspirations of non radicalized urban Pakistanis aren't any different from yours.

Really? Dehumanizing all Pakistanis makes you happy? Does saying this put a smile on your face? Surely you must have better things to feel good about than something so tawdry.

Collective punishment is a terrible thing and only acceptable as long as you are not on the receiving end.

To me this thread (which has been made a sticky) reflects very poorly on the forum because by default it indicates that there is no intention to conduct unbiased rational debate of any kind, because all precedence is given to immature populist drivel. :nono:
I know and I agree, But sorry we love our simple pleasures that we get, even they fill my nation and the world with sorrow and misery. They deserve my contempt and yes, they are not humans. You have a doubt, 1. see how they treat their own people , minorities. They are nazi islam is being cut down, and I enjoy it.

Adux

Country flag
Me and my colleque were stopped in Los Angeles for nearly 2 hours on suspicion because we were from Pakistan. Had to sit on road for 2 hours and all the time people were passing by and looking at us as if were confirmed terrorists. We were threatened, dog sniffed and what not. FBI was also called. in the end it was all a big misunderstanding and we were let go. That was probably one of the most humiliating experiences of my life.
However, as a nation, this is what we deserve. Nothing less. I have seen what people of our country think (for western people, minorities, female, etc.) and how they behave in this country and abroad. In significant minority cases we act like animals and it is no surprise that majority in the world treats us like animals even if we dont deserve it.
I was proud Pakistani at one time but no more.
Break, you mofos, break down to mere slaves

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Here is another comment:

my experience is little different:
i moved to Canada few years ago and couple of years ago i was travelling back to Pakistan, i was suppose to change my flight at frankfurt, when i reach at check in counter canadian officer asked me for my ID, i showed him my pakistani passport, and when he entered my information he told me i need German visa for landing/changing flight on frankfart, i was surprised and said, but my travel agent never told me that i need a visa for flight change, he said yes you do, i said, there is something wrong, check it again, if there is any visa requirement my agent is suppose to inform me, but he never. that officer said, OK, let me ask my senior, he came back with his supervisor and he asked, me do you have any other ID? i said yeah, i have my PR (permanent resident) card, he said let me check that, when i hand him over my PR, he said now you need not to worry about visa, here is the magic, you are not pakistani, i said yes i am, because i am carrying pakistani passport, he said, son, listen buried that passport some where in your baggage,use that only at lahore airport and if anyone ask you about your nationality say you are canadaian, and if they ask you for ID show them that PR, you will be fine. and remember no more pakistani passport son.

Adux

Country flag
Me and my colleque were stopped in Los Angeles for nearly 2 hours on suspicion because we were from Pakistan. Had to sit on road for 2 hours and all the time people were passing by and looking at us as if were confirmed terrorists. We were threatened, dog sniffed and what not. FBI was also called. in the end it was all a big misunderstanding and we were let go. That was probably one of the most humiliating experiences of my life.
However, as a nation, this is what we deserve. Nothing less. I have seen what people of our country think (for western people, minorities, female, etc.) and how they behave in this country and abroad. In significant minority cases we act like animals and it is no surprise that majority in the world treats us like animals even if we dont deserve it.
I was proud Pakistani at one time but no more.
Break, you mofos, break down to mere slaves

ejazr

Ambassador
Ezaj You are totally out of touch with reality and the psyche of Pak Army soldiers

Before they get fully trained in war fighting skills they are indoctrinated with the most radical Islamist
teachings

Pak army TEACHES its soldiers in its academies that Christians Jews and Hindus are the Bitter
enemies of Islam and must be killed

Pak army is a Jihadi army that is the plain and simple truth And the people who they are now fighting
are as radical as them ie the Taliban

The only difference being that Taliban dont wear uniform and WANT to Talibanise the whole of Pakistan

Perhaps you are not aware that in Pak Villages ONE Brother joins the army and other joins the Taliban
Pankaj, that is why I stated
The former - as long as they follow the ethics and rules of fighting a war - deserve respect as any soldier

THe indoctrination that you are talking about is what we happened post 1980s. Pakistani soldiers before that would be trained very similar to the Indian army and British army doctrines. They would also be seconded to the US as well for training as a Cold war ally.

The early soldiers include people like Former Air Chief Asghar Khan who repeated speaks out against India bashing in Pakistan and has been fighting a 2 decade long petition in the SC to abolish the ISI political wing
Doubts about closure of ISI's political wing: Pak parties

You also have people like Kamran Shafi who is also a retd. officer and now a colkumnist that takes a hard view on the army's interference in civilian affairs
Kamran Shafi

That is what Ray was referring to and that is why I am differentiating between those who fight honourably and those who just use religion for achieving political objectives. And I admit, that its most likely that such people are probably in the minority in the PA/ISI.

Tronic

pakistani , radicalized or non radicalized, both hate India and western world. They even teaches that, Hindu is evil in their text books.

These people deserve this types of treatment, they are responsible for their own problem..
What treatment? You are doing the Pakistanis a huge favour!

Pakistanis need to be ignored and pushed back further into the annals of insignificance.

They strive on attention, and threads like these seem to give them plenty of spotlight.

Pakistanis are the loudest people I've seen thumping their chests trying to associate themselves with the Arabs, Persians, and other Muslim peoples. But, no one cares. The Arabs couldn't care less about Pakistan, nor do the Persians, nor anyone else. They are insignificant people, vying desperately for attention.

Pakistanis only claim to fame is their enmity towards India; and naive Indians jump towards providing them the same.

Wake up, your country is economically 10 times the size of Pakistan. Forget those chaps as an insignificant nuisance, and deal with a much more economically closer rival, our good friend to the North!

mayfair

That intent doesn't seem to be coming through mate. Looking at this thread thus far, with the exception of ray's comments it is primarily just a schadenfreude bash.
I made a valid point about how the past and present actions of Paki soldiers do not entitle them to any form of respect and you view that as a "a schadenfreude bash"?

In what universe and space, sir? The mind boggles..

mayfair

However taking joy in the misery of millions of non radicalized Pakistanis who are caught up in this mess is childish.
Non-radicalised? Poll after poll conducted by independent think tanks and agencies have established beyond doubt the extent of radicalisation that pervades the Paki society, their civil-military setup and their national conscience. Google it yourself if you wish.

Get off your high horse and stop being condescending.

mayfair

What treatment? You are doing the Pakistanis a huge favour!

Pakistanis need to be ignored and pushed back further into the annals of insignificance.

They strive on attention, and threads like these seem to give them plenty of spotlight.

Pakistanis are the loudest people I've seen thumping their chests trying to associate themselves with the Arabs, Persians, and other Muslim peoples. But, no one cares. The Arabs couldn't care less about Pakistan, nor do the Persians, nor anyone else. They are insignificant people, vying desperately for attention.

Pakistanis only claim to fame is their enmity towards India; and naive Indians jump towards providing them the same.

Wake up, your country is economically 10 times the size of Pakistan. Forget those chaps as an insignificant nuisance, and deal with a much more economically closer rival, our good friend to the North!
This..

Though I must say..we should not forget, nor forgive their actions. It does not bode well to take your eyes off a rabid dog hell bent on taking a bit out of you.

Tronic

This..

Though I must say..we should not forget, nor forgive their actions. It does not bode well to take your eyes off a rabid dog hell bent on taking a bit out of you.
Even than, it makes more sense to concentrate on the owner of the rabid dog who keeps egging the dog after you, than the dog itself.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Oh what a state of misery is on them. When I speak the truth on radio talk shows they ask the host to ban me from speaking. Yet I refuse to give in to their stupidity. Who knows when they will clean up their act and return to community of nations to live and let live?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles