The city where I live

Status
Not open for further replies.

cir

Ganzhou,an average、ordinary yet typical 4th tier city that's obviously in transition。The city will grow and grow in the next 10-20 years to absorb all those country folks from the surrounding areas who will leave behind their land and start new city life。China's modern "BIg Agriculture" plan is predicated on building or enlarging hundreds of cities for the huge rural-to-urban population。

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Map showing the extent of Japanese control (purple) in 1940.

Ganzhou is there?!

The Japanese left their offsprings out there.

The Japanese were famous for having local "Comfort Women".

A very bad thing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

History
Guangzhou was China's chief port for foreign trade with a large Arab community by the time of the Tang dynasty (7th–9th centuries). The first European visitors were the Portuguese in 1516. Between 1730 and 1840 it was the only port in China open to European trade. It was a treaty port from 1842 until its occupation by Japan in 1938. The city was the centre of nationalism in China, the republican leader Sun Zhong Shan himself being Cantonese (a native of Guangdong). The Japanese encountered stiff resistance during their invasion of 1938, but Guangzhou eventually fell after the city centre was reduced to rubble and its industrial works demolished by the retreating Chinese army.

Last edited:

opkeyen

His house is in the Ganzhou, a small city,in poor inland province of Jiangxi , what you said is Guangzhou, is a big city in the south of China,

amoy

Thank you for you uploading. Those pictures are beautiful.

PS. NanChang is my hometown.
When I viisted Nanchang I noticed there were disproportionately many elderly people .

Just an observation without "hard data", out of curiosity. No offence.

By the way u guys always say Ganzhou is small, or tier-4... blah blah.

I guess u also know Ganzhou was once quite a renowned city in China's history. Chiang Kai-shek groomed his son Chiang Ching-Kuo as Ganzhou governor. His son was even suspected of a communist as he banned prostitution, opium and gambling in Ganzhou.

Later Chiang Ching Kuo became President of ROC /Taiwan who facilitated economic rocketing of Taiwan in 1970's

When I travelled in Jiangxi Prov. many locals mentioned him and even named some snacks after Chiang.

Illusive

Country flag

Map showing the extent of Japanese control (purple) in 1940.

Ganzhou is there?!

The Japanese left their offsprings out there.

The Japanese were famous for having local "Comfort Women".

A very bad thing.
Maybe some of that aggression and imperialistic attitude we see today be a gift from Japan:laugh:

badguy2000

Respected Member
My agenda last weekend(18th,May)

this Morning,My Wife felt toothache,so we decided to see a doctor....

then, we left home and on the way to a hospital.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
The hospital we went to is the most prestigious one in the prefecture and belongs to Ganzhou Medical University, a local university.
However, it is in a quite old revenue,so the road was becoming narrower and narrower,

now, the traffic was jamed completely,,,, I coundn't find parking lot at all.....
Moreever, it was already 11:30 ,when we were to arrived, the docter might leave his office So, we had gave up and decided to went to another hospital.

badguy2000

Respected Member
now, it was 11:30,we decided to gave up seeing doctor and went to RT-Mart for shopping

we parked the car in the underground parking lots ,when we arrived at the RT-Mart

on the staircase up to the mart.

badguy2000

Respected Member
those were what we bought,,,it cost us 145RMB altegother.

badguy2000

Respected Member
now, it was 12:20...so we decided to have our lunch in a KFG of the mart

badguy2000

Respected Member
after lunch, we went back home.
here are some pictures photoed on the way from RT-mart to home....

badguy2000

Respected Member
then, at afternoon,my wife and I went to another hospital ,in order to cure her toothache.
ON the way to the hospital, I photoed a lots bike-ridders,
MOst of them were ridding on Electricity bike, but some of them were ridding motor-bikes,
can you tell the difference between E-bikes and Motor-bikes?

badguy2000

Respected Member
now, we arrived at the hospital . it is also one of the most prestigiou hospital in the prefecture..of course ,it is not as presitigou as the one we went to in the morning.

badguy2000

Respected Member
after seeing the doctor, my wife decided to have her hair cut....
here is the hair salon
the hair cut cost 30RMB

I waited for my wife on sofas in the hair salon,while my wife had her hair cut.

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, after the hair-cut was finished, my wife and I decided to go to my parents's house.

My perents' house is in a county-town 30KM aways from the city. the county-town is called Nankang County-town.
The county-town now in fact is a small city with almost 0.3M urban population....
Due to high growing furniture industry, the county-town is polluted seriously now...
it had become dark already....

badguy2000

Respected Member
my parents' house once was quite near the downtown,but with the urban expanding, now it has become the outskirt of the county-town and was quite away from the downtown....
the house and buildings nearby were all built before 2000, many of them were older than me....and those old houses are planed to be demolished for reconstruction...
but the reconstruction plan now is suspended,because the local government can not pay enough compensation and resettlement. the negotiation of compensation between the local government and residents now is stalemated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles