The Case for the Space Force

Is there a need for the Space Force.

• Total voters

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars there is currently the Defence Space Agency and other similar organizations but what now needed is a full fledged space force yes it will cost more and will increase the already stressed burden on the small defence budget but either create a new agency to better handle the space asset or lose. The Chinese already has a Cyber and Space Command and the Russian are giving more priority to the Space Command. We need a full fledged space force of equal if not greater budget than the ISRO.

The USSF and NRO has a combined 130 plus satellites and plus other launch programmes in development. Can't really one the DSA and ISRO. Need a full Fledge Service.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars India currently has 13 Military satellites in the Orbit but there is often Dulaney and break in command depaite the DSA there is still hardly interoperability of the satellites by the various services. Need a unified and full fledged command capable of better managing the assets and also the road map head.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the USSF Ground Based asstes tells the story of the American, Russian and the Mlecchas space capabilities and ours. We literally need to do a Fast track here.
images - 2021-04-26T204816.502.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the Russians already has the Istrebitel Sputnikov Kosmos 2499 Experimental satellites in the service since 2014. And The mlecchas and of course USSF. But we have just started to ground based ASM.
images - 2021-04-26T205505.270.jpeg

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Explain the operational mandate of a space force in the Indian context, apart from blowing up decommissioned satellites, what I mean is during peace time
In a nutshell

Haldilal

Country flag
Explain the operational mandate of a space force in the Indian context, apart from blowing up decommissioned satellites, what I mean is during peace time
In a nutshell
Ya'll Nibbiars Space Force as organized, trained, and equipped for :

1 . Provide freedom of operation for the India in, from, and to space.

2 . Provide prompt and sustained space operations.

3 . Its stated duties enumerated as to protect the interests of the India in space.

4 . Deter aggression in, from, and to space, and conduct space operations.

5 . Protection of the Space assets.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Space Force as organized, trained, and equipped to

1 . Provide freedom of operation for the India in, from, and to space.

2 . Provide prompt and sustained space operations.

3 . Its stated duties enumerated as to "protect the interests of the India in space.

4 . deter aggression in, from, and to space, and conduct space operations.

5 . Protection of the Space assets.
Can you elaborate on the 5th point, how ???
EW means ??? Or by kinetic means?? Isn't it a violation of space treaties or whtver

Haldilal

Country flag
Can you elaborate on the 5th point, how ???
EW means ??? Or by kinetic means?? Isn't it a violation of space treaties or whtver
Ya'll Nibbiars nuclear based weapons in the space are banned not the non nuclear based weapon's.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the the Space Force's five core competencies:

1 . Space security.

2 . combat power projection.

3 . Space mobility and logistics.

4 . Information mobility.

5 . Space domain awareness.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The seven spacepower disciplines required for the core competencies as

1 . Orbital warfare.

2 . Space electromagnetic warfare.

3 . Space battle management.

4 . Space access and sustainment.

5 . Military intelligence.

6 . Cyber operations.

7 . Engineering and acquisitions.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars simply stated the various services officer and personels are not fully trained for the space operations. And need more than just a DSA we need a full fledged agency capable of training the Personels fully just for the Space operations. And also this will help in potentials future road map. As this will be replicated by the other nations. After the USSf and the PLASSF more such space forces will emerge. And need to be ahead in this domain's.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiara the PLASSF is already working on this.
View attachment 86889View attachment 86890
Weaponisation of space is a bad idea actually. I know world is going for it, maybe in future you could see spaceforce’s spaceship’s fighting each other in exosphere, and it will look modern then in future which looks way too futuristic.

Haldilal

Country flag
Weaponisation of space is a bad idea actually. I know world is going for it, maybe in future you could see spaceforce’s spaceship’s fighting each other in exosphere, and it will look modern then in future which looks way too futuristic.
Ya'll Nibbiars our space assets are already extremely vulnerable and there are already three full fledged intertgated space forces. More will emerges. Need to come in this domain's quickly. And please leave this Nehru, Moraji Desai Motion of the Nuclear weapons and the Spy Agency is bad.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars our space assets are already extremely variables and there are already three full fledged intertgated space forces. More will emerges. Need to come in this domain's quickly. And please leave this Nehru, Moraji Desai Motion of the Nuclear weapons and the Spy Agency is bad.
Bro I know its happening and it will happen, I am not like that Nehru, Morarji etc mentality I want an Indian space force. Just saying that weaponisation of space is a bad idea at first place.

Haldilal

Country flag
Bro I know its happening and it will happen, I am not like that Nehru, Morarji etc mentality I want an Indian space force. Just saying that weaponisation of space is a bad idea at first place.
Ya'll Nibbiars Weaponisation of the Nuclear was also bad. But can't do anything as the space activities will increase need to safe guard the Interest's.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles