The Buddhist kalki

HeinzGud

Country flag
The whole point of life then becomes - people only live to end up dead! If the path of buddha is right, then it should be right even when all the people on earth follow that to the last word. Then in such a case what will happen is that either all people will end up dead due to starvation, or stop reproduction and hence end mankind or at least the people with high intelligence who are capable of thinking hard and deep will get extinct. In either case, mankind will end or be severely degraded beyond redemption. The whole point of creation itself will be meaningless. Then the whole point of Nirvana and meaning of life and creation will come into question. What are these? Not answering or maintaining silence is not an option as silence shows inability to answer
It is a point less life. We live then we die. We don't even know what type of life we would inherit after this one. It's unpredictable. Only the good and bad Karmas we have collected so far would remain with us. We don't know what will strike first. The good or the bad. That's why Buddha said do it right now. Sansara is dangerous.

However, it is not easy to follow the middle path either. We are entangled with desire. It drives our selves and our Karma along side it. It just burns inside of us all. Keep the wheel of Sansara turning.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I think buddha is not atheist and not (exclusive )like abrahamics. Buddha is no different from swami vivekananda.

Buddha followed his own path of sadana like rest others like adisankaracharya.

Budda is as hindu as us. There is no (discriminatory ) indifference between dharmics and buddha. And accusing buddha and vedics is just plain ignorance.

The only point we differ with buddism is (non violence) which vedas also say same.

But dharmic followers has to defend dharma for defensive purposes as well as offensive only when he is willing to accept its consequences (karma) (violence allowed for protection of innocent, but will suffer karma for violent deed (viewed as sacrifice ) for greater good).

But buddha insisted non violence even when need araised to protect dharma. Thats were adisankaracharya won his superior argument over buddha's flaw of non violence and Indian buddists resorted back to vedic dharma.

Virtually there no difference between buddism and vedic dharma.

Buddhism cannot defend.
Vedics should and must defend dharma.

Thats why tibet lost to china and whole of buddhists in ghandara converted to islamic pakistanis.
Buddha just taught the reality of the life. It's us the people should decide what to do with it. Buddha has no concern whether his teaching will remain in this world or not. He just thought what he has learnt for the people who are interested enough to try it for themselves.

raja696

Buddha just taught the reality of the life. It's us the people should decide what to do with it. Buddha has no concern whether his teaching will remain in this world or not. He just thought what he has learnt for the people who are interested enough to try it for themselves.
That is what I am saying about buddism and sanathana dharma. There is no difference between two.

Buddhism is just another book in library called hinduism.(except abrahamics scripts)

Its useless throwing books at each other. We will only distroy books but not library.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
That is what I am saying about buddism and sanathana dharma. There is no difference between two.

Buddhism is just another book in library called hinduism.(except abrahamics scripts)

Its useless throwing books at each other. We will only distroy books but not library.
It's useless to discuss it with him.

He seriously thinks that his version of Buddhism is original and all other are false.

HeinzGud

Country flag
It's useless to discuss it with him.

He seriously thinks that his version of Buddhism is original and all other are false.
If I'm wrong, it is better to correct me rather than running away. That makes me reinforce the idea that my conclusions are correct.

Ancient Indian

If I'm wrong, it is better to correct me rather than running away. That makes me reinforce the idea that my conclusions are correct.
What conclusions did you come to?
Have you read what is written in Hindu scriptures? What is written in Vedantha?

Your arguments tell that you didn't study Buddhism to its full extent. Ways are different but the final destination is one. That is what Hindu scriptures tell.
If you travel deeper into the Buddist doctrines, you would have witnessed it.
But no. You want to deviate everything from the core. What is your goal then? Some ill conceived Utopia by doing mindless meditation.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Here in this I dont disagree with you... what ur refering is buddhas own sadana (his seeking of awareness in life). Its named as buddism.

Like wise every guru has his own observations.

What I am saying is before becoming buddha or guru to explore his own sadana(enlightenment ) in life he has to excel few technics (which only comes after years of practice (ex yoga asanas en pranayama ). That foundations are derived from sanathana dharma. Especially from sage patanjali concepts, with no exception buddha himself followed and learned them.

Ofcourse buddha meditated years to help himself to embed these sadanas (practices) essence in him. Through these tools he derived enlightenment (thats y I said 41 or 42 days i guess) in earlier post.

So I say you can't demean ocean (hinduism ie sanatana dharma) , just because u hold glass of water in ur hand (buddism ).
This is where you get it all confused. Buddha didn't use meditation as a means of a ritual (or practice) but rather as way to calm his mind. The essence of Buddhism is about controlling ones mind. It is done through meditation. The core goal of a meditating Buddhist is to calm his mind down rather than considering meditation as a mere action that one must perform. Buddhists should you meditation as only a tool.

HeinzGud

Country flag
What conclusions did you come to?
Have you read what is written in Hindu scriptures? What is written in Vedantha?

Your arguments tell that you didn't study Buddhism to its full extent. Ways are different but the final destination is one. That is what Hindu scriptures tell.
If you travel deeper into the Buddist doctrines, you would have witnessed it.
But no. You want to deviate everything from the core. What is your goal then? Some ill conceived Utopia by doing mindless meditation.
I haven't had time to read Hindu scripture. I only have a vague idea about Hinduism.

According to you if Hindu scriptures are the same as what Buddha preached, then their should not be any mean to worship idols and gods. Their shouldn't be any temples or mandirs. Buddha has taught very basic concept. "Let go of everything". Is it the concept of Hinduism?

Ancient Indian

I haven't had time to read Hindu scripture. I only have a vague idea about Hinduism.

According to you if Hindu scriptures are the same as what Buddha preached, then their should not be any mean to worship idols and gods. Their shouldn't be any temples or mandirs. Buddha has taught very basic concept. "Let go of everything". Is it the concept of Hinduism?
Yes. If you read Vadantha, you will find only Brahmam(Ultimate God Essence). No idols and gods at the core of it.
But idols and gods are necessary for some to reach that stage.

See I don't want to repeat same thing again and again. First read what ever you find. Go to deeper level. Then you will get what is going on.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yes. If you read Vadantha, you will find only Brahmam(Ultimate God Essence). No idols and gods at the core of it.
But idols and gods are necessary for some to reach that stage.

See I don't want to repeat same thing again and again. First read what ever you find. Go to deeper level. Then you will get what is going on.
There is no god of the scales of Brahma in Buddhism. I think it will bust the myth of Buddhism being part of Hinduism. To attain Nirvana you don't need idols and gods. They are irrelevant.

raja696

This is where you get it all confused. Buddha didn't use meditation as a means of a ritual (or practice) but rather as way to calm his mind. The essence of Buddhism is about controlling ones mind. It is done through meditation. The core goal of a meditating Buddhist is to calm his mind down rather than considering meditation as a mere action that one must perform. Buddhists should you meditation as only a tool.
I think u decided not to understand or may be my sincere efforts to make u understand is not enough with my half English.

people with experience will know what I said in my earlier posts.

Its up to u to agree or disagree. If u think I am fooling u. U r wrong leave it there.

I think ur taking replies, for granted especially ancient Indians. If u really want to know struggle for it.

Last edited:

Vijyes

There is no god of the scales of Brahma in Buddhism. I think it will bust the myth of Buddhism being part of Hinduism. To attain Nirvana you don't need idols and gods. They are irrelevant.
Idols are needed for political reasons. The only way to maintain a society is by taking everyone along, even the ones without the sufficient knowledge, education, opportunity of free time to think (due to problems of life and resource constraints) or simply the required IQ/EQ to understand the concept of life. Since it is necessary to prevent people from swaying towards evil, it is necessary to give people something to stick with, carry in your hands, cry with when in trouble and that is the idols of god.

Simply put, idols are needed to help people give strength and confidence to withstand the forces of evil like Islam from conquering everything

raja696

Idols are needed for political reasons. The only way to maintain a society is by taking everyone along, even the ones without the sufficient knowledge, education, opportunity of free time to think (due to problems of life and resource constraints) or simply the required IQ/EQ to understand the concept of life. Since it is necessary to prevent people from swaying towards evil, it is necessary to give people something to stick with, carry in your hands, cry with when in trouble and that is the idols of god.

Simply put, idols are needed to help people give strength and confidence to withstand the forces of evil like Islam from conquering everything
I think this explination is enough for him.

My reasoning is different , its simple. We believe god is one. But we do prayers to characteristics of god and do pranapratista puja to idol. In puja we invite gods essence in to idols (by mantras) to a perceive his divinities.

Why should we do that , when god is one and formless ?

any information in our life we only perceive it through our past experiences (even dreams). Our life is so associated with physicality. We can not seek anything beyond its realms. It applies to any imaginary one god.

Once vivekananda said god is like a rose , the fragrance of it is enjoyed by humans with its experience only. But not with imagination. Even imagination is an expression of ur past experiences. So how can you percieve this formless unimaginable one god with ur human nature.

The beauty of Hinduism is that it allows infinite number of gods to only symbolise all of them as one. To them all physicality is god, even themselves included.

ver 2-10

Caring for others is a very good deed. But, that doesn't take you to Nirvana. You will only collect some positive Karma for your future lives. But, one day you have to spend those Karma. Think about it. Is it worth the time?
I wouldn't say that, here in Denmark we are consistently measured as the most happiest nation in the world! ..save 1 time. Because we have such strong social security, where we help each other contrary to so many other nations where you are on your own.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
I have met many Sri Lankans myself who think they are the thekadars of 'true' Buddhism. Funny to say the least.
Why wouldn't they? It is in Sri Lanka and Burma Buddhism was preserved in relatively closer to original form. Tibetan Buddhism is mix of Buddha's teachings and Tantrik practices.

And makes people think Indians are thekedars of Budhism like Pakistanis claiming to be thekedars of Indus valley civilization? Budhism was completely wiped out of India with only some references in some sects calling him Vishnu's avatar. There is no Sangha and line of teachers passing it on to students broken.

Krusty

Country flag
Why wouldn't they? It is in Sri Lanka and Burma Buddhism was preserved in relatively closer to original form. Tibetan Buddhism is mix of Buddha's teachings and Tantrik practices.

And makes people think Indians are thekedars of Budhism like Pakistanis claiming to be thekedars of Indus valley civilization? Budhism was completely wiped out of India with only some references in some sects calling him Vishnu's avatar. There is no Sangha and line of teachers passing it on to students broken.
Indians don't claim to be the thekadars of Buddhism. Nor they intend to be. But Buddhism did originate in India. 'Buddha' (Gautama after enlightenment) was born in India and that is the origin of Buddhism and it's original (i can't stress the word original enough) ideals. That is a fact. If you think claiming what's stated above means acting like thekadars, I'm afraid I can't help it.

I strongly urge you to read the lecture of Swami Vivekananda on Buddhism. Unless ofcourse you think Swami Vivekanada didnt know what he was talking about.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Indians don't claim to be the thekadars of Buddhism. Nor they intend to be. But Buddhism did originate in India. 'Buddha' (Gautama after enlightenment) was born in India and that is the origin of Buddhism and it's original (i can't stress the word original enough) ideals.
I doubt anyone disputes that. Thay come to India for pilgrimage.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles