The Awesome Military Photo Thread

Doc Mozart

Country flag
IDF Soldiers in Agilite Gear with X-95

Polaris MV850 ATV

USMC Cpl. Michael Whitehouse, a rifleman with 2nd Squad, 2nd Platoon, Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 6, provides security from a rooftop in Sangin, Helmand province, Afghanistan

Kazakh Special Forces with AK-74M with Aselsan 4x32 night vision scope and Aselsan Electro Optic (A-100) helmet mounted NOD

Kazakh Female Soldiers

Indian Paratroopers

Indian Air Force Garud Commandos

Su-57

DIdn't the initial x95 batches had some serious accuracy problems? Are they sorted out completely now?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Amazing U2 at the edge of space photos

Taking off from Beale AFB (All images credit: Ross Franquemont)

California as seen from the cockpit of a U-2.

Front view, heading to the San Francisco Bay.

With a flag inside the cockpit.

To survive in the thin atmosphere where the Dragon Lady operates, pilots wear pressurized space suits.

Day to night the dividing line called the terminator can be seen in the upper right.

Ross shot also a composite image of the Aug. 21, 2017 eclipse.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Taken from the back cockpit of a TU-2S. You can see the student pilot in the front cockpit using a red light.

San Francisco and the Golden Gate bridge.

Sacramento at night.

Lake Tahoe.

San Jose and San Francisco.

Ross brings his sons toys on some sorties. Not only do they serve as mascots, they are also used to protect his camera.

Read more at https://theaviationist.com/2018/02/...lot-at-the-edge-of-space/#tf8ZBCK8oDzMzHxu.99

devhensh

View attachment 23479
Swedish machine gunner. Bloody hell. She's fitter and taller than me, and that is saying something. Guess their Viking blood still shows.
Välkommen till Sverige !!! Welcome to Sweden !

They have Viking blood, but believe me they are the most soft spoken, cultured and honest race in Europe...No racism .....Very good infrastructure, and quite ahead in Science and Technology
(not a direct co relation, but both Bofors and Carl Gustav are Swedish).....

I know first hand as i lived in Stockholm for 3 years ....Some of the best years of my life in one of the most beautiful region(Nordics - Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway)

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

South Korea's Army Special Warfare Command (SWC) soldiers aim their weapons
in a frozen river during a winter exercise in Pyeongchang

Turkish Sniper taking part in Operation Olive Branch and carrying a L115A3 Long Range Sniper Rifle in Afrin

Mexican Navy Special Forces

Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) F-35A Lightning II making an up close and personal pass
through Star Wars Canyon

USAF F-15 Eagle doing a low level pass in Wales

Turkish OKK Operator

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles