The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

FalconZero

Country flag
Hindu nastika are those who don't necessarily believe the authority of Vedas or something like that. It's not same as athiest who don't believe in god at all. Nastika can be attributed to likes of Buddhist and stuff but they are not athiest per se. Anyway, enough of this OT leftist garbage here.

Roshan

Country flag
That bald drag queen iyerval claimed he was a 'Carvaka' when he petitioned the court to allow him to marry another guy. the same guy who talks like an import dalal and is rumoured to be suswamys illegitimate son. Swamy loathes gays though so i don't know if that is actually true.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

This article is garbage then?
Actually what were ancient atheist were those people who did not believe that god do anything in helping directly ,but at the same time believing in dharma , spirituality people like sadguru , who believe at the same time disagree to some point , hindu ideology is of seeker but this ideology benefitted inbred bastards to destroy us , we were never so aggressive on worshipping but on dharma , they destroyed both , idol worshipping is common cause according to old scripture human brain is not capable enough to concentrate on cosmic self and our astral projection of this world without a channel and ambient surroundings , that's why temple were made to be calm and cool , also each idol which is worshipped is enchanted with mantra also called stapith karna .
Atheism in hinduism was not based on hatred , or blindness .
But that is not possible in modern world while these mulla , converting rice baggers are lurking at us. Dharma must be restored with sword when evil is attacking you.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I was told that one can be atheist and still Hindu?

There is a valid branch of atheism in Hinduism.
No, that's just hindus being desperate...

That is why I am saying that there is no one Atheist in Indian context. They all claim to be one until you find one day them to be christian or muslim.
Bhagg.... 😑

perun88

Country flag
No, that's just hindus being desperate...

Bhagg.... 😑
You could still be a nastika while being a heterodoxical Hindu. Atheist, has different connotations and is not 1:1 translated to nastika I think. This is more of a linguistics issue than anything else. An atheist, in strict sense would not be Hindu by any metric.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Eh not really, people mistake 'Nastika' which is well defined term (somewhat) with athiesm all the time, western authors have made such mistakes, in moral science book in icse both terms are used interchangeably. That Wikipedia article is not garbage, rather references the cases of 'nastika' which do indeed deny the existence of 'god/brahman/atman/supreme god' whatever you term 'it?'.
You could still be a nastika while being a heterodoxical Hindu. Atheist, has different connotations and is not 1:1 translated to nastika I think. This is more of a linguistics issue than anything else. An atheist, in strict sense would not be Hindu by any metric.
Hmm. Applies for you maybe... But many that I've come across seem like "no no no no you're totally hindu. All atheists all over the world are hindu. You are a hindu. You are a hindu. Everyone's a hindu" 😝
One clown was I saw went, if any westerner is doing yoga they're all practicing hinduism.

But unlike what @SKC says, some Indian atheists might identify as hindus (I think there are few here on DFI only). Then it applies for such people... But doosro ko mat khnicho apne sath. Mere nahi banna re hindu.

Muzzies have an advantage there. Drink alcohol & pork once, everyone agrees your not a Muslim... 🍻🐽

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars there are many types of Nastik the bottom line is. If an Individual don't was to be called a Hindu then can't be done anything about it's. That's it's. You just Don't Become a Hindu by just birth but has to follow it's till the death of the body.

Now let's continue on the Fake Farmers Protest's.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Hmm. Applies for you maybe... But many that I've come across seem like "no no no no you're totally hindu. All atheists all over the world are hindu. You are a hindu. You are a hindu. Everyone's a hindu" 😝
One clown was I saw went, if any westerner is doing yoga they're all practicing hinduism.

But unlike what @SKC says, some Indian atheists might identify as hindus (I think there are few here on DFI only). Then it applies for such people... But doosro ko mat khnicho apne sath.
Well in strict form @IndxTechStyle is not a atheist but A who only believes in one Energy. Well there are also some who don't believe in Idol workships.

Let's stop here and concentrate on the Fake Farmer's Thread's.

perun88

Country flag

But unlike what @SKC says, some Indian atheists might identify as hindus (I think there are few here on DFI only). Then it applies for such people... But doosro ko mat khnicho apne sath. Mere nahi banna re hindu.

Muzzies have an advantage there. Drink alcohol & pork once, everyone agrees your not a Muslim... 🍻🐽
I will not comment on your lived experience, my comment was general.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Anecdotal evidence not related to the actual point by sikhbrah which was about the religious scriptures itself, I personally haven't seen anyone calling hindu just cuz they practised yoga depends on which group of hindus you are talking, at most they will boast about muh culture and stuff though Hindus do affiliate religion like sikhism, jainism etc as dharmic religion cuz they have lots of traits which are common.
That was an example of the mentality, & in enough number of anecdotal evidence points towards a trend. This is usual experience, nothing special that I alone have experienced.

Nobody gives a shit about scriptures (people interprete those stuff like the need to). Like I've seen (mostly non-Indian) Buddhists getting very confused when hindus on internet claim them to be part of dharmic group, then continue to make comments like "ewww you shouldn't eat beef. You're a satanatani"... Again very very common interaction. Buddhists, like atheists, most often want to have nothing to do with hinduism.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I was told that one can be atheist and still Hindu?

There is a valid branch of atheism in Hinduism.
There is a lot of confusion on this part:
  • Some claim that Charvaka (materialists) and other Nastika philosophies (Jain, Buddhist) are also "Hindu". Many people who say atheism is a part of Hinduism fall into this category. This logic IMO is fuzzy unless you claim that all Indian religions are part of "Hinduism"
  • Many modern day "Indian atheists" are copy cat versions of Western atheists. For them atheism is the denial of an Abrahamic god like entity. Now there are legit branches in Vedic Hinduism like Mimansa and even Samkhya (to an extent) which does not see the need of a creator entity, so in theory "atheism" can be perfectly compatible with "hinduism". This is where the "atheists" miss the bus and indulge in strawman arguments.
  • And then there are Hindus who are copy cat versions of Christians/Muslims. Their response to this question is similar to how an "atheist" would respond

Last edited:

Challenger007

Country flag
There is a lot of confusion on this part:
  • Some claim that Charvaka (materialists) and other Nastika philosophies (Jain, Buddhist) are also "Hindu". Many people who say atheism is a part of Hinduism fall into this category. This logic IMO is fuzzy unless you claim that all Indian religions are part of "Hinduism"
  • Many modern day "Indian atheists" are copy cat versions of Western atheists. For them atheism is the denial of an Abrahamic god like entity. Now there are legit branches in Vedic Hinduism like Mimansa and even Samkhya (to an extent) which does not see the need of a creator entity, so in theory "atheism" can be perfectly compatible with "hinduism". This is where the "atheists" miss the bus and indulge in strawman arguments.
  • And then there are Hindus who are copy cat versions of Christians/Muslims. Their response to this question is similar to how an "atheist" would respond
I came to the conclusion that the absence of faith in God, the conviction in the absence of God is a kind of faith too.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
  • Now there are legit branches in Vedic Hinduism like Mimansa and even Samkhya (to an extent) which does not see the need of a creator entity,
Not quite. I don't know why religious folks can't grasp this!.. Those bullshit are just as bogus. Just because some desi-boi smoked a lot of good weed & came up with some cock-n-balls theory, doesn't mean those baseless crap are real.

I came to the conclusion that the absence of faith in God, the conviction in the absence of God is a kind of faith too.
So you've concluded that, conviction in the absence of a "hollow earth" a kind of conspiracy theory too. It's not like someone split open the planet to check!.. Right?

And not smoking is an addiction then. How do I quit?

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Not quite. I don't know why religious folks can't grasp this!.. Those bullshit are just as bogus. Just because some desi-boi smoked a lot of good weed & came up with some cock-n-balls theory, doesn't mean those baseless crap are real.
Very edgy :)

What's your take on Monism, Cartesian dualism and Non-dualism ?

Waanar

Country flag
On some stuff, it's best to keep an open mind.
If you read of USA's experimentation with astral projection, or Nazi's practice of occult, it's always quite the mindfuck...
Even astrology, which I was a firm disbeliever in, has given me some unexpected results, both in personal life, as well as on the social media.
Check this-

So, yeah, some of his predictions have gone wrong, which he admits but how do you explain such accuracy?
These aren't random barnum statements with no clear meaning. These are very coherent statements with accurate timelines way before anybody could've even foreseen them coming with just "logic".

I, too, used to take astrology to be a total hogwash with no basis in reality, full of scam artists and conmen (which are aplenty, make no mistake) but how do you explain the aforementioned predictions?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Very edgy :)

What's your take on Monism, Cartesian dualism and Non-dualism ?
I googled the terms, but won't comment with next to no understanding of the concepts.
On some stuff, it's best to keep an open mind.
If you read of USA's experimentation with astral projection, or Nazi's practice of occult, it's always quite the mindfuck...
Even astrology, which I was a firm disbeliever in, has given me some unexpected results, both in personal life, as well as on the social media.
Check this-

So, yeah, some of his predictions have gone wrong, which he admits but how do you explain such accuracy?
These aren't random barnum statements with no clear meaning. These are very coherent statements with accurate timelines way before anybody could've even foreseen them coming with just "logic".

I, too, used to take astrology to be a total hogwash with no basis in reality, full of scam artists and conmen (which are aplenty, make no mistake) but how do you explain the aforementioned predictions?
Should have predicted India's getting fucked by corona too then. 2-3 lakh people wouldn't have died... Why not predict the recent naxal attack, its he secretly a naxalite sympathiser?
I had predicted correctly about a lot of defence related developments (surely have seen me brag about that before, I do that quite a lot 😁).. It's not that hard for people with decent brains. 1 out of 10 usually hits for me.

Those so-called secret projects pushed by crazyfucks in the govt.s wasting taxpayer money never go anywhere.. If they did, every country would have squads of occults doing black magic.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926