For those who are theists, are you:
  • Monotheist?
  • Pantheist?
  • Polytheist?
Please justify and philosophise!

[please do not convolute with post #43]

Last edited:

pmaitra

How many of you believe in God or gods, but do not believe in any religion; alternatively, how many of you believe that different religions are different ways to attain the same God or gods?

[please do not convolute with post #42]

Tianshan

How many of you believe in God or gods, but do not believe in any religion; alternatively, how many of you believe that different religions are different ways to attain the same God or gods?

[please do not convolute with post #42]
i think this is fairly common in chinese societies. due to our culture we traditionally have a number of different gods for different purposes, like the god of prosperity (cai shen), the god of doorways (men shen), etc. and a lot of dieties that have been borrowed from buddhism.

for cultural reasons many people still do pay respect to these gods, even though they are non-religious.

how many of you believe that different religions are different ways to attain the same God or gods?
i believe that makes the most sense if i were to accept the idea of religion.

Last edited:

Naren1987

Man punches nurse for removing wife's burqa

A muslim in France has been jailed after he punched a nurse who tried to remove his wife's veil during childbirth.

Nassim Mimoune, 24, had already been expelled from the delivery room for branding the midwife a 'rapist' as she carried out an intimate examination of his wife, the Daily Mail reported.

But just as he spotted the nurse, through a window, taking off his wife's burqa while the woman prepared to give birth, the man smashed open the locked door. He hit the woman in the face, demanding she replace the full Islamic veil.

After his wife gave birth to a baby boy, Mimoune was ejected from the hospital building by security guards in Marseille. He was later arrested for assault.

A judge in the southern French port jailed Mimoune for six months while saying, "Your religious values are not superior to the laws of the republic."
Man punches nurse for removing wife's burqa : Europe News - India Today

Vyom

Seeker
If the premise of any activity begins with hate, it cannot have a satisfactory end. And being anti-religious, could be different from being anti-God?

Zebra

Country flag
A muslim in France has been jailed after he punched a nurse who tried to remove his wife's veil during childbirth.

Nassim Mimoune, 24, had already been expelled from the delivery room for branding the midwife a 'rapist' as she carried out an intimate examination of his wife, the Daily Mail reported.

But just as he spotted the nurse, through a window, taking off his wife's burqa while the woman prepared to give birth, the man smashed open the locked door. He hit the woman in the face, demanding she replace the full Islamic veil.

After his wife gave birth to a baby boy, Mimoune was ejected from the hospital building by security guards in Marseille. He was later arrested for assault.

A judge in the southern French port jailed Mimoune for six months while saying, "Your religious values are not superior to the laws of the republic."

:facepalm:

He must be crazy for sure .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A foolish man indeed!

He should have given delivery of his child at home by himself acting as the midwife!

warriorextreme

Country flag
i believe in god..but i do not believe in god which asks believers to kill non-believers.

niharjhatn

Crazy people will be crazy with or without religion.

Such exemplary citizens as the man described simply use religion as his own veil to hide his eccentric behaviours.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Some people are obsessed with religion and leave their brains where there posterior is!

SpArK

SORCERER
The fight in the world is not between good and evil as they project it.The fight in the world is always between one man's belief versus another man's belief.

India is a land of spiritual seekers.You will listen with respect to what the Vedas, the Gita, the Upanishads have to say, but you don't take their word. You have to find for yourself. Till then, it's not true for you.
This is not allowed in any other culture.

This is the only culture that gives you the freedom to deny God and to create God.

We have 33 million gods and goddesses because this is the only culture that has realised that God is of our making.

Everywhere else, people believe God made them.
Above all, the highest value in our life is liberation, not God.You can believe in God and belong to a Hindu way of life.

You can disbelieve in God and still belong to it because it is a geographical and cultural identity. It never was a religious identity.
We had 33 million Gods and Goddesses when our population was 33 million. Since then, because of Western influences, we are feeling a little ashamed of having so many Gods and we are trying to reduce them.

We should have 1.2 billion Gods and Goddesses. Who will we fight with then?
If you have your god and I have my god, what's the problem?If 10 people gather behind one God, then there is a fight, isn't it?

This is the freedom given to you.
If you like this rose, you can make it your god. You can worship it. Nobody will say anything. If you like a stone in your garden, you can worship it.

Nobody thinks it's weird because there is not a single atom in the existence where the hand of the creator is absent.
Unfortunately, certain things have happened historically and we've gotten into a certain mould.

If we want to move ahead as a nation, it's time we sort out and understand that these differences are only in our imagination.
In reality, the people whom you hate, what they exhale you inhale and what you exhale, they inhale. There's really no problem

Last edited:

amitkriit

French judge to the Muslim man who punched a nurse for removing wife's burqa during child-birth: "Your religious values are not superior to the laws of the republic"

The man has been jailed for six months.

source

Vyom

Seeker
India is a land of spiritual seekers.You will listen with respect to what the Vedas, the Gita, the Upanishads have to say, but you don't take their word. You have to find for yourself. Till then, it's not true for you.This is not allowed in any other culture.
+1. So true.

p2prada

This thread is for Atheists who have a healthy distaste for religion
He was just an extremely stupid man. It's not like we take pleasure every time some hippie with an ego problem shows up.

This thread is for everybody who have a healthy distaste for extremism and fundamentalism. That would be more accurate.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Religion is essentially a failed science. Religion first arose as a means for humans to explain the world around them, but now we have far more rationalistic ways of explaining the natural world.

Religion as a practice, and God as a concept, is becoming increasingly obsolete in the modern world and I look forward to the day that human society is completely free of these backwards ideals.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Godzilla Facepalm for this level of sheer stupidity and ignorance.These type of guys should go back where they belong to.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
e-militant atheists are equally at fault...they are no different than there theist counterparts since both want to shove there viewpoint down the throat of others.

agnostics like me are sane people who have a laugh when they see atheists and theists having a brawl :)

p2prada

e-militant atheists are equally at fault...they are no different than there theist counterparts since both want to shove there viewpoint down the throat of others.

agnostics like me are sane people who have a laugh when they see atheists and theists having a brawl :)
Agnostics are seen as "Ah! I am confused. :(:(:(" lot by atheists and theists. Agnostics aren't sure of what to believe. I am not trying to rile you up though, it's only an observation. :) Agnosticism is a scientific thought.

If you strictly go by what scriptures say then agnostics are atheists too. Bible, Quran, Gita, Torah etc. You doubt the existence of God then you fulfill the definition of atheist.

If you are a Hindu, then both Bible and Quran call you heretic anyway even though you are theist, more Pagan then heretic, but equal in intensity to be hated by the clergy.

It's a complex subject considering there are so many opinions. Even Agnosticism is divided into so many little segments.

The funniest concept I heard was Hindu Atheist.:lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926