The afganistan peace deal 2020

Knowitall

Hello guys as most of you might know tomorrow will be the day US signs a peace deal with taliban.

Now if the deal goes through or not and if it does it's effects on India and what we can and must do etc.

We did have some discussions recently and there were some great answers but the thread was not right.

I feel this a important topic for us to talk about regardless of weather the deal is signed or not.

Therfore I want you all to contribute to this thread about the events of the peace deal, India's future in Afghanistan and all the other related topics.

I request all of you to share your valuable inputs here.

Knowitall

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
https://www.npr.org/2020/02/29/8105...-after-nearly-2-decades-of-war-in-afghanistan

Guys the peace deal has been signed and America has agreed to remove all its troops.

The Americans have said they will remove all their personal both military and civil within 14 months.
Bad news for india.
Mixxed news for pakistan now they can use Talibani proxies plus now they can push more equipments on indian side of Kashmir.
On the other hand they will lose some leverage on Western countries.

amit19

Country flag
Its time to pore money in Pastun movement in paki land, and see what happens :biggrin2:

Satchidananda369

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Mike Pompeo said "We are not required to leave until the fighting stops..."

Make your conclusions. This deal is meant to satisfy domestic Audience back home who want 'Anti-war' Trump to bring the troops home during the election year. They may have a reduced presence but wont be leaving anytime soon unless their strategic objectives are met !

Waanar

Country flag
US never leaves. Never.

US also withdraws from agreements whenever they want. Ask Iran.

Post the US elections, things will be clearer.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk
Be that as it may, what if it does?

Brainfart moment, yes, but I think our relation with Iran and China will be very important this decade in defining our influence in central Asia.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
I am happy with it, Because Pakistan lost its leverage which it had with the United States, Hopefully next time, Pakistan has to Pay for any future F-16 Up grade, And Weapon systems associated with F-16 should be Paid by Tax Payers money not through military aid.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am happy with it, Because Pakistan lost its leverage which it had with the United States, Hopefully next time, Pakistan has to Pay for any future F-16 Up grade, And Weapon systems associated with F-16 should be Paid by Tax Payers money not through military aid.
Main deal is yet to be done, this is a priliminary deal between US and taliban. deal between Afghan govt & Taliban are yet to start discussions.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
Anything can happen in 14 months.
I wouldn't be surprised if the goatfkrs slaughter Yanks the moment they start removing troops.
8k troops with a handicapped govt in Kabul and more recruits on Talib side. Not gonna happen. Though we may have some of the jihadis pumped our way by Bakis for making this deal. Pak Fauj's drama to assert it's stupid qaum that Talibs are under their control and so is PoK. More gas abt reclaiming J&K.

These r jus optics for #TrumpMAGA2020
Americans are not leaving anytime.
But get ready for some Talib roast here again.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag
Main deal is yet to be done, this is a priliminary deal between US and taliban. deal between Afghan govt & Taliban are yet to start discussions.
And they may go untill US elections. No chances of a breakthrough. If Afghan govt (Nato) bows, it'll never be a democracy again. Like ever.

SatanHell

Country flag
Signing this agreement with Taliban is an unacceptable risk to America's civilian population. This is an Obama-style deal. Legitimizing Taliban sends the wrong signal to ISIS and al Qaeda terrorists, and to America's enemies generally.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Signing this agreement with Taliban is an unacceptable risk to America's civilian population. This is an Obama-style deal. Legitimizing Taliban sends the wrong signal to ISIS and al Qaeda terrorists, and to America's enemies generally.
Now we know why Bolton and mattis were removed?
Man, pakis how much dick they have sucked of USA?
This nation has to be destroyed because of it's sheer intolerance of thinking it is equal to India not realizing it is not and drag us to their level.
I do say let jihadis attack us MORE BALAKOT and wars will happen on pakis side now.

SatanHell

Country flag
Now we know why Bolton and mattis were removed?
Man, pakis how much dick they have sucked of USA?
This nation has to be destroyed because of it's sheer intolerance of thinking it is equal to India not realizing it is not and drag us to their level.
I do say let jihadis attack us MORE BALAKOT and wars will happen on pakis side now.
Uncle Sam will not let that happen it so easily buddy. Hopefully Trumps makes a successful comeback and gets re-elected coz he is the most anti Islamic President which can keep the balance and lets MSD complete #PKMKB by snatching POK.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles