The 10 Biggest Military Reserves in the World

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
India:
India is one of the countries on this list that will no doubt see a change in its position over the coming years. The country seemed to stagnate for many years after independence but economic liberalization and a set of reforms in 1991 encouraged the nation to embrace capitalism. Since then, India's GDP has rocketed, and it is still growing. As the economy strengthens, no doubt the defense budget will grow, increasing these already impressive figures.
7. India: 2.143 million - TheRichest

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Didn't knew Bangladesh has more reserve military than India.
I thought India has the largest reserve army.
@rock127 I follow Jen selter on instagram :megusta:

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
American somehow fancy these stick weilding Thulas to be military reserve.....

Ha Ha Ha .... flightful fency ....
Perhaps you could comment on what is stated in the text of the article, instead of arguing with a photo? :rolleyes:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Perhaps you could comment on what is stated in the text of the article, instead of arguing with a photo? :rolleyes:
The Police Forces in India including what they call as Armed Police Forces do not constitute "Military" or "Resrves" in any sense or meaning. They are neither trained, Nor equipped to perform any kind of military tasks. The reserve in India means men who have retired but carry Reservist liability for a few years after retirement.

The Police Forces depicted, are solely organised to undertake police tasks of maintaining law and order and ensuring internal security of very low intensity at best. They can not perform any militray task during military conflicts or war except for guarding roads and bridges or may be traffic control.

I have had this kind of impression from many American friends I met that Police Forces constitute vast military reserve. It is strangely so taught in military academies in USA.

However, it is far from the real or objective assessment.

India is a very vast country wherein internal order is an important issue. Since the state and provincial goverment do not and can not keep large Armed Police, the Central goverment keeps a large contigent of Armed Police and then deployes them as per requirement on request of the state goverment.

One of the example is say conducting elections at the largest scale in the world and without these large number of policemen, that would be an impossible task.

But there is nothing "military" about them except that they wear uniforms, can weild a baton or may be sometimes a gun against unarmed civil population.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles