Terrorists storm Lahore Police Center

johnee

Initially attackers were claimed to be 20-25 in numbers, but when the encounter ended, the no. were down to 5, with 3 blew them up, 1 escaped and 1 nabbed.
infact, the numbers keep changing according to source. wat is the official stats?

rock45

Founding Member/ RIP our friend
Grouping all Americans

they have succeeded they kept their Taliban and extracted aid from stupid Americans, USA will lose in Afghanistan and leave good taliban behind and Pakistan will have extracted billions in aid and weapons, there is no loss in this equation at all for them thanks to the stupidity of the Americans who they played like a fiddle:Laie_39:
Hi LETHALFORCE
Can you not say "stupid Americans" you make it sound I have a choice in this matter being an American, in which I don't. My President and government make those choices not me. If my government or President asked me being just an American and not a stupid American, I would go in and seized control of there nukes and let their F-16s rot on the ground, but they didn't ask me.

I wouldn't say stupid Indian's anything.

Country flag
you are right Rock it is not the people who did this I will rephrase to stupid American Government; that could have spent 50 billion dollars much better than Pakistan.Looks like post was deleted all together?

Pintu

infact, the numbers keep changing according to source. wat is the official stats?
I think in Pakistan every source is official. I don't find Govt. top notches of certain country make so many of contradictory statements.

johnee

I think in Pakistan every source is official. I don't find Govt. top notches of certain country make so many of contradictory statements.
you are right. but still, wont they hold any press conference and declare 'official figures'?!

Pintu

Yes, Johnny they do, but comments tend to contradict with previous one. Official figure is 10. Though I think there are confusion still regarding this. I read at least two sites which reports 12, while Hindu reports 10(8 Cadets and 2 Civilians), while PTI says 9.

johnee

Yes, Johnny they do, but comments tend to contradict with previous one. Official figure is 10. Though I think there are confusion still regarding this. I read at least two sites which reports 12, while Hindu reports 10(8 Cadets and 2 Civilians), while PTI says 9.
lets assume 10. but the initial reports said 20-25 attackers were presents. wat happened to the rest of the extremists, escaped?

Pintu

Hindu reports that there is confusion, though the authorities say all have been accounted , but still there is apprehension that some have been escaped.

The link:

http://www.hindu.com/2009/04/01/stories/2009040153301500.htm

Then Why , why the soldiers were celebrating! If the attackers managed to escape! I think it is a failure . Not a success.

Pintu

Previously they were talking 20-25 , now they talk about 5 (with 1 escaped). It is hard to believe.

johnee

Hindu reports that there is confusion, though the authorities say all have been accounted , but still there is apprehension that some have been escaped.

The link:

http://www.hindu.com/2009/04/01/stories/2009040153301500.htm

Then Why , why the soldiers were celebrating! If the attackers managed to escape! I think it is a failure . Not a success.
also, wat happened to the 500-600 hostage cops, did all of them come out alive?

how many casualities have been reported?

Pintu

Hindu reporting - Nearly 100,
NDTV-98, 27 dead!

also, wat happened to the 500-600 hostage cops, did all of them come out alive?
Interesting ! Daily Times reports that 100 recruits are still missing ! I am posting the link and the report:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\04\01\story_1-4-2009_pg13_1

Attack on Manawan Police Training Centre: Over a 100 recruits missing

* Several recruits considering quitting service after SSP’s harsh attitude towards them
* Trainees not satisfied with new security arrangements

By Rana Tanveer

LAHORE: More than 100 police recruits have been missing since Monday. They have neither reported to the Manawan Police Training Centre nor informed the institution of their safety, sources in the school told Daily Times on Tuesday.

They said less than 200 recruits had spent Monday night in the school. They said the absence of 100 recruits on the day after the attack had raised several questions about the actual number of casualties. They said the authorities concerned had told the recruits to report to the institution immediately after the attack had been thwarted by the law enforcement agencies. They said most students had, however, preferred to go home. They said several injured recruits had also spent the night at the school and were transported to the Ghurki Hospital for treatment on Tuesday morning.

Quit: The sources said the school’s in-charge, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Mubashar, took a round of the school on Monday night, telling off the recruits for running away when the attack commenced. They said such behaviour after the attack had discouraged them, adding that some recruits were thinking of quitting.

Babar, a cook at the school, said no food could be prepared in the mess on Monday as the attack had damaged the institution’s gas supply. He said dinner and breakfast had been arranged by the Bedian Training Centre, adding that Qilla Gujjar Singh Lines had also sent food and juice. He said the gas supply had been fixed on Tuesday. On Tuesday morning, the recruits started to return to the school from their homes. After proving their identities, the recruits were allowed to enter the institution. No media or civilian was allowed to enter it.

Recruits: Intense security measures have been adopted by the institution. Armed personnel have been deployed around the school and on its roof. Sandbags have also been placed on the roof next to the main entry gate. However most recruits, whom Daily Times questioned, were still not satisfied with the security arrangements. A school official, seeking anonymity, said the authorities had no plan to shift the school somewhere else. He said they had informed the recruits that their training would continue at the institution.

johnee

^^
good find, pintu.
I think even that figure of 100 is also small.......the figures should be much higher. btw, I am astonished as to how the pak forces resolved the whole 500-600 hostage crisis so quickly. very fishy.

Pintu

It is astonishing that a Police Training school did not have sufficient protection. They are now placing sand bags !

johnee

It is astonishing that a Police Training school did not have sufficient protection. They are now placing sand bags !
wat is the use of building a bridge after the water has flown away? what is the use of those sand bags and extra security now. do they expect another attack at the same place?

but one thing is sure, not many would want to join the police force in pak after this incident.

Pintu

More suspicious is that Media and Civilians were not allowed to enter into the premises.

johnee

More suspicious is that Media and Civilians were not allowed to enter into the premises.
yeah......and also those cadets that came out of the place were saying that the entire place is filled with corpses. they were saying that lot of ppl are dead inside, and pak claims just 10 ppl died! unbelievable

Pintu

It hit heard on the Morale of the recruits, the report says that some recruits were thinking to quit.

johnee

It hit heard on the Morale of the recruits, the report says that some recruits were thinking to quit.
maybe police are seen as soft targets. in the recent past, cops have been targetted frequently in pak especially the frontier regions.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles