Terrorists storm Lahore Police Center

jayadev

Founding Member
Country flag
Pakistan Ends Military Operation against Lahore Attack

Pakistan soldiers, police began to celebrate on Monday after the military operation ended against the gunmen attack in Pakistan's Lahore.

Advisor on Prime Minister's Interior Rehman Malik confirmed that operation against the attackers has ended and security forces have secured the police training school.

Malik said four attackers have been killed and the others have been arrested.

The Pakistan soldiers and police are celebrating with guns holding up and gunshots on rooftop of the buildings.

The operation ended after about eight hours gun battle.

At least 25 people were killed and 90 others injured when unidentified gunmen attacked the police training school Lahore.

There is no immediate official confirmation of the casualties.
http://english.cri.cn/6966/2009/03/30/45s469712.htm

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Siege ends, but further questions about the state of Pakistan will be asked.
Lahore in the heart of Dominating Punjab witnesses a second audacious attack after the terror attacks on the SL cricket team.
Attacks on Lahore is further proof that the authorities out there have no control anywhere in the country and not just SWAT.

I guess the Army is now waiting for such an attack on Rawalpindi before they step in again.

jayadev

Founding Member
Country flag
Lahore terror attack a fallout of Pak's own policy: experts

New Delhi, Mar 30 (PTI) The latest terror attack on the police training centre in Lahore today is a fall-out of Pakistan's own policy of nurturing and harbouring fundamentalist forces, according to experts.
"It is their own creation that has overtaken them. Pakistan has been supporting fundamentalist groups, Islamic groups and jihadi groups over the years. Now they have turned against them. They have now combined and are taking over the state of Pakistan," former Intelligence Bureau chief Arun Bhagat told PTI.

He said Pakistan has been using these groups in Afghanistan, Kashmir and later in the hinterland of the country.

"It is going to be a big problem. These jihadis have created their own support base. The education has been completely handed over to Madarsas. You can imagine, if their are one lakh madarsas, how many students they would have churned out in past 30-40 years," Bhagat said.

Former RAW chief P K H Tharakan said, "Pakistan no doubt has been supporting fundamentalist groups and recent attacks show that establishment has lost control over them." The intelligence experts felt that there could be a spill over effect of these events on India too.

"The situation is dangerous in Pakistan and I would not be surprised if these groups target India from there," Bhagat said. PTI
http://www.ptinews.com/pti\ptisite.nsf/0/2F6DD074580E5CDF652575890041103F?OpenDocument

Country flag
how can a country have law in some parts and total lawlessness in other parts and encourage both?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Which part of that country has law Sir?

Flint

Lahore done, it's US capital now: Taliban's Mehsud

LAHORE: Pakistan's most wanted militant on Tuesday claimed responsibility for a deadly police academy assault and threatened to attack the US
capital in retaliation for a series of air strikes. ( Watch )

Pakistani Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud, for whom the United States has posted a five-million-dollar reward, said there would be more attacks after Monday's raid on the Lahore police training school that left 12 people dead.

"We claim responsibility for the attack," Mehsud, blamed for the 2007 assassination of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, said by telephone from an undisclosed location.

"This was in retaliation for the ongoing drone attacks in the tribal areas. There will be more such attacks."

"Very soon we will take revenge from America, not in Afghanistan but in Washington, which will amaze the entire world," Mehsud warned.

Seven cadets, a civilian and four attackers died in Monday's raid on the police academy in eastern city Lahore, sparking fears that unrest is seeping out of the tribal badlands and into the heart of Pakistan.

Assailants armed with guns, grenades and suicide vests shot their way into the academy in the morning, triggering eight hours of gun battles that lasted until they were overpowered by security forces.

Mehsud, who was accused by the former government of masterminding Bhutto's killing, heads the feared Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

The US State Department has branded him a "key al-Qaida facilitator" in the semi-autonomous South Waziristan tribal area bordering Afghanistan.

Mehsud said he had set up a council of mujahedeen (holy warriors) grouping different groups "to step up attacks on US and NATO forces in Afghanistan."

He dismissed the US reward for his arrest.

"The maximum they can do is martyr me," he said. "We will exact our revenge on them from inside America."

Mehsud's group is influential in both North and South Waziristan, as well as in the Bajaur tribal district to the north, which Pakistani security forces said they had effectively cleared last month following a major offensive.

He commands thousands of fighters across the tribal areas on the Afghan border, although official estimates vary on the precise number. His capacity for launching attacks outside the region is questionable.

At least 35 US drone strikes have killed over 340 people in Pakistan since August last year.

The US military does not usually confirm such attacks, but its armed forces and the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operating in Afghanistan are the only ones to deploy drones in the region.

In Lahore, interrogators questioned dozens of people over the assault. Punjab province's police chief Khalid Farooq said 50 had been picked up.

"These people will now be interrogated," he added. "Things are moving in a positive direction but it is too early to say who was involved."

A bearded man -- who interior ministry chief Rehman Malik said was Afghan -- was arrested for allegedly trying to attack police outside the compound.

Punjab chief minister Shahbaz Sharif said a judicial commission would be set up to investigate the attack, whose findings would be made public.

Chief suspects for the attack are homegrown Islamist groups or Taliban and al-Qaida militants holed up in the tribal areas.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, speaking at an international conference on Afghanistan Tuesday, backed plans for reconciliation talks with members of the Taliban or past Al-Qaeda supporters who reject violence.

"They should be offered an honorable form of reconciliation and reintegration into a peaceful society, if they are willing to abandon violence, break with al-Qaida, and support the constitution," she said.

British Foreign Secretary David Miliband condemned Monday's attack near Lahore and pledged international help to root out the extremist threat.

Lahore was also the setting for the March 3 gun attack on Sri Lanka's cricket team that left eight Pakistanis dead.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wonder why the US is paying the Pakistanis $35 billion? Clearly it has neither the will nor the courage to fight the Taliban. It's police and military is steadily leaving the force when deputed in Taliban infested areas

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Which part of that country has law Sir?
GOOD QUESTION!!!! :113:

There were some conspiracy theorists again pointing fingers at RAW. Are they really stupid or acts like one?!!!!!!

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009

There were some conspiracy theorists again pointing fingers at RAW. Are they really stupid or acts like one?!!!!!!
The latest conspiracy theory (about 2 months old) is that RAW supports Taliban!!!

:connie_jail::connie_jail::connie_jail:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Wonder why the US is paying the Pakistanis $35 billion? Clearly it has neither the will nor the courage to fight the Taliban. It's police and military is steadily leaving the force when deputed in Taliban infested areas
Oh its US's old game - make Frankenstein, and then try to kill it. US always think money'll solve every problem - their policy makers are either stupid or too clever to be of any good. They don't have any idea of the mind-set or philosophy of others - especially Asian - whether it's North-east, be it Afghanistan or in South Asia.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
The latest conspiracy theory (about 2 months old) is that RAW supports Taliban!!!

:connie_jail::connie_jail::connie_jail:
Yah so that they :coffee_spray: could :coffee_spray: kill us off later in leisure. Morons!!!!!

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Yah so that they :coffee_spray: could :coffee_spray: kill us off later in leisure. Morons!!!!!
I know... the utter cluelessness of these idiots!!!

Sometimes I think they hatch conspiracy theories just because they like to hear their own voices :blum3::blum3::blum3:

Pintu

They play their old LPR(Long Playing Record i.e Anti India Rhetoric), and I think now the pin of the record player / record is broken and it has rust for using many years that's why the same music (Hand of India at everything) is coming out.

Pintu

Yusuf, the USA pays them because they Jehadis now can repay the US debt they have own since Soviet's moving into Afghanistan.

Pintu

I know... the utter cluelessness of these idiots!!!

Sometimes I think they hatch conspiracy theories just because they like to hear their own voices :blum3::blum3::blum3:
EM, brother don't worry Great Legend Zaid Hamid will sure reincarnate with new most breaking, spectacular, revealing, sensational, amazing theory.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Few things in this were quite strange, when i watched it on live TV.

First Pakistani forces (some of them) were not firing stright, i have seen sniper wasting its amo, just to show TV channals.
Second the new police recruits were running in strange manner.
Third the after the allege capture of terrorists they started celebrating by firing in air (as it their was some marriage in Pakistan).

Country flag
this may have been all staged for more aid with the G20 meeting approaching.

Pintu

Their running seemed to me as they were undergoing some military training , I may be wrong. I first time saw a trained army celebrates like this after such brutal massacre.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It appers so LF, now a days everything in Pokistan is stage manage or at least within the knowledge of ISI.

It is quite strang that area in question is just 10KM from India and their is heavy deployment of Pakistan forces their both army and ranges still this attach has happen.

This shows the state of affairs in Pakistan.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Their running seemed to me as they were undergoing some military training , I may be wrong. I first time saw a trained army celebrates like this after such brutal massacre.

you mean they behave like Talabis........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles