TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Spitfire9

Country flag
Even if we do ask, it’s highly unlikel, another possibility could be to approach Rolls Royce for their engine that competed in the F 35 program, but that much thrust might be a bit of overkill. Also there may be size problems too.
The F136 'alternative' F-35 engine was a GE/RR development. Development was halted soon after the US Congress decided to cease funding it, so it never completed development. Apart from being much more powerful than needed, I guess RR would not have access to all the IP involved to complete development.

swapcv

Country flag
I don't get the need or jibes of inspiration? What's wrong if we are using tried and tested designs? What matters is that we are capable of taking inspirations working on that and make the idea work, nobody would care as long as Teddy successfully rolls out and take out some warships of chinks in Indian Ocean. That's what it matters.
[/QUOTE]

I have no issues with taking inspirations and all, in fact I'd call it paying a compliment to the original design as well. But some think otherwise and it's often necessary to set the record straight.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
No DSI ?

The model at Aero India 2021 had DSI -

Nice observation, it can’t be a conventional intake as splitter plate is missing and the intake is integral to front fuselage. This means there are chances that this is more of a realistic render.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I don't get the need or jibes of inspiration? What's wrong if we are using tried and tested designs? What matters is that we are capable of taking inspirations working on that and make the idea work, nobody would care as long as Teddy successfully rolls out and take out some warships of chinks in Indian Ocean. That's what it matters.

I have no issues with taking inspirations and all, in fact I'd call it paying a compliment to the original design as well. But some think otherwise and it's often necessary to set the record straight.
One can’t reinvent the wheel if the design would have been midwing then the same trolls would have called it a copy of F/A-18E Super Hornet Block-III and if it would have been Canard-Delta Wing then trolls would have called it copy of Rafale-M.

Come on, this is DFI not Pak defence forum where porkistanis will troll AMCA being copy of F-35 because of being a midwing design, or a copy of J-20 if AMCA would have been a Canard-Delta Wing aircraft.

swapcv

Country flag
One can’t reinvent the wheel if the design would have been midwing then the same trolls would have called it a copy of F/A-18E Super Hornet Block-III and if it would have been Canard-Delta Wing then trolls would have called it copy of Rafale-M.

Come on, this is DFI not Pak defence forum where porkistanis will troll AMCA being copy of F-35 because of being a midwing design, or a copy of J-20 if AMCA would have been a Canard-Delta Wing aircraft.
And as I said, you misunderstand me again, I have no issues with the TEDBF resembling anything. At the end of the day the proof is in the pudding. But my original reply seems to have been misunderstood.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
I have a question.
If engines of pratt and whitney with more thrust - like f135 and f119 exist, then why did India opt for General electric engines ( f404 and f414 ).
Why didnt we go for engines with more thrust.
Were they not available to us ?
( sorry if it sounds like a newb question, i am just a fanboy )
India is comfortable with GE, having learnt valuable experience and lessons with them. P&W themselves until recently hasn't taken an effort to sell engines to India. GE being the early comer reaps the benefits.

tsunami

Country flag
I have a question.
If engines of pratt and whitney with more thrust - like f135 and f119 exist, then why did India opt for General electric engines ( f404 and f414 ).
Why didnt we go for engines with more thrust.
Were they not available to us ?
( sorry if it sounds like a newb question, i am just a fanboy )
It's very simple... just compare the dimensions of the engines. All the fighters having those engines are heavy class, because bigger engine increase overall dimensions of the plane too (If you use two it grows even bigger).

After all you can not fit fortuner's engine in Swift.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
India is comfortable with GE, having learnt valuable experience and lessons with them. P&W themselves until recently hasn't taken an effort to sell engines to India. GE being the early comer reaps the benefits.
It's very simple... just compare the dimensions of the engines. All the fighters having those engines are heavy class, because bigger engine increase overall dimensions of the plane too (If you use two it grows even bigger).

After all you can not fit fortuner's engine in Swift.
DSI prevents an aircraft to getting speed above mach 2
First of all who the fuck in these big world will sell us their best of best technology that has no counter part yet to a ally like india , whereas all tume buddy like japan, aussies , british are denied full tech .

No dsi don't prevent any mach number , you have to design your aircraft for particular mach number .

Aeroengine are the biggest asset for their developer and nobody will serve you on platter .

Also metallurgy used in it ,is no cup of tea , high temp materials , blades designing , coolant veins , compressor design , everything need to be perfect

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
P&W Sells engines and spares to Porki Airforce F-16s, no need to entertain them, that’s it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles