TEDBF or ORCA Updates

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
So after reading some article and all .

Amca engine is supposedly to be 110kn class , means 110kn+ class , so let's do some basic calculation

Engine. Dry thrust. Wet thrust
F119 116 kn. 156
F 135 -600 120. 180
M88. 50. 75
Ej 200. 60. 90

So one conclusion ,that can be draw. Reheat thrust is 3/2 *dry thrust , this is common among all , except f 119 , especially European design

So if dry thrust of amca engine us to be calculated like this for guess is about 75 kn.

Also rolls Royce said it will have a development potential of about 20-25 percent , that makes it 93 kn thrust dry at max .
For the first variant we develop , total thrust is 150 kn ,with high power generating for avionics , as it is newer generation it will have more power than f 35 , 160 kw , atleast .

Also RR is experienced with f 136 engine where inlet temperature was 2150+K ,which provides better fuel efficient engine .

So basically we will have a fighter with 150kn dry thrust at least , 230 kn about wet thrust , with specific capability to Operate in indian condition , enough power for avionics , as engine and ew suite will be GaN based , we will have power for some DEW in case we employ it .

Will give impressive twr .

Now consider the advanced variant with full utilization of design , ie about 93 kn dry thrust and 140 kn wet thrust each , that would provide a suitable powerplant for replacement for our flanker .

Not only we will be fielding a advanced jet but a most optimum jet , better availability (initial goal ) , less maintenance (primary goal ) , much efficient engine (mk 2 ) , large weapon carrying capacity (mk 2 with sidebays , bigger main bays ,maybe ) , kne of the best avionics , one of the refined design , and above all .

It is our f 35 , mk1 ,and f 22 mk 2 , tedbf would be our f a 18 but tons betrer than that , tejas mk 2 desi f 16 .

Orca if materialize with indigenous engine is f 15 category .
I’ll make a comprehensive article on TEDBF too, once some more details are out.

ketaki

Country flag
Are you joking , looks like a troll reply ,but you should genuinely refrain from it , they are miles apart , except if you want something like spaceship e be different from others
come on dude...TEDBF is clearly inspired from rafale...tejas i can accept is different in design
but everyone here should agree that IAF loves french fighters

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Are you joking , looks like a troll reply ,but you should genuinely refrain from it , they are miles apart , except if you want something like spaceship e be different from others
Where is that pic of mine?.. Just find & show him. 😁

Anyways TEDBF is 100% designed by taking Rafale as initial point & superimposing it in NLCA Mark2concept. That keeps it unique, while being predictably tried-n-tested at the same time.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
come on dude...TEDBF is clearly inspired from rafale...tejas i can accept is different in design
Feature Rafale tedbf
Dsi. ×. ✓
Frontal stealth. ×. ✓
Wing folding. ×. ✓
Engine size small. Bigger
Thrust. 75. 98

There are some few design concept for plane design , and for ski jump , carriers most optimum is delta canard , that is it .

If similar parameters are called inspiration the. It's wings are more EFT type , it is a fresh design

swapcv

Country flag
In that case then Rafale's design is inspired by SAAB Viggen as well, that means the French love their Swedish Fighters /s. Jokes apart anybody can claim anything until those making claims are held accountable.

FalconZero

Country flag
I know we should resist commenting on our personal desires about Teddy but God I am in love....I think I have nutted a bit.
sorry @saketkr for bringing personal affairs here.

In that case then Rafale's design is inspired by SAAB Viggen as well, that means the French love their Swedish Fighters /s. Jokes apart anybody can claim anything until those making claims are held accountable.
I don't get the need or jibes of inspiration? What's wrong if we are using tried and tested designs? What matters is that we are capable of taking inspirations working on that and make the idea work, nobody would care as long as Teddy successfully rolls out and take out some warships of chinks in Indian Ocean. That's what it matters.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
IAF is deep throat with french mirages and rafales :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thats why Tejas looks like mirage and TEDBF looks like rafale
Except Delta wing system which is used in many modern aircrafts, nothing is same.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Arey bhai heavy driver nikle
Dude you have been literally told many times to keep your conversation low , also use those emojis to express your reaction to posts , it prevents filling up of thread ,with this chit chat you might get a ban for 7 days , kindly refrain yourself from all this .

kunal sung

Country flag
I have a question.
If engines of pratt and whitney with more thrust - like f135 and f119 exist, then why did India opt for General electric engines ( f404 and f414 ).
Why didnt we go for engines with more thrust.
Were they not available to us ?
( sorry if it sounds like a newb question, i am just a fanboy )

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I have a question.
If engines of pratt and whitney with more thrust - like f135 and f119 exist, then why did India opt for General electric engines ( f404 and f414 ).
The question is will they agree to supply?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Have we ever asked that question ? that is what i meant with my question.
Did they say no or did we ever ask ?
Even if we do ask, it’s highly unlikel, another possibility could be to approach Rolls Royce for their engine that competed in the F 35 program, but that much thrust might be a bit of overkill. Also there may be size problems too.

flanker99

Country flag
I have a question.
u dont just randomly chose the engine with highest thrust....u chose the engine that fits ur requirements.
For example f135/f119 class of engines would be too costly and big for tejas class of fighters....but do keep in mind that anything raptor related is off limit and incase of india it would be same for f135 i believe

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Have we ever asked that question ? that is what i meant with my question.
Did they say no or did we ever ask ?
First is what goes inside engine isn't a cup of tea , they are best of best as of now , uncle Sam won't allow anyone to buy them , should be happy that they are not blocking ge 414 .

Wait for indigenous one , time is tough but fruitful ahead

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles