TEDBF or ORCA Updates

SARTHAK

Country flag
Dc maws is tuned to look for incoming missiles . Dual color makes more effective against sam coming form ground. It is therefore distributed across entire fighter jet. So it's also different than targeting pod which needs to be ahead of missiles to be able to create a infra red track for missile to follow . Targeting also requires visual proof more than maws lest we destroy wrong target so more complex algorithms more powerful circuits which in turn require cooling solutions.

But you are somewhat right in. Future we might see combined system for all these things given the jets have enough internal space and heat dissipation.
so we need a tv camera for targetting pod purposes along with ir sensor ? is that what u want to say

Gerlat

Country flag
Not an EOTS but DCMAWS. And DCMAWS will be a standard fit on all Indian and Russian origin aircraft (except the UPG I guess or the upcoming 21 MiG 29s). Also, Litening pod is being standardised across the entire IAF fleet. If the AMCA at all gets an EOTS, it will probably be a Litening pod whose internals are distributed across the aircraft and the lenses are kept under the nose like the F-35. As of now, nothing related to an EOTS for the AMCA has been mentioned, so I am guessing that the AMCA in Mk1 config will not carry one. Mk2 possibly.
Das - maws, sinper- eots ? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gerlat

Country flag
Dc maws is tuned to look for incoming missiles . Dual color makes more effective against sam coming form ground. It is therefore distributed across entire fighter jet. So it's also different than targeting pod which needs to be ahead of missiles to be able to create a infra red track for missile to follow . Targeting also requires visual proof more than maws lest we destroy wrong target so more complex algorithms more powerful circuits which in turn require cooling solutions.

But you are somewhat right in. Future we might see combined system for all these things given the jets have enough internal space and heat dissipation.
Question- dcmaws , range 3/5km.
Das - capable of track missile 1500km. Can you provide any insight ?

Gerlat

Country flag
i wanted to know that what is actual difference between a targetting pod and irst beacause both have ir sensors only difference is the position fact that targetting pod also has a tv camera
Irst- infrared search and track- good for identifying heat signature. Good algorithms helps to improve output quality, image, target data, etc.
Targeting pods - their used for surveillance, identifying, acquire target, guidance etc using rf/ir/tv/laser etc. Both having air/surface/sea capability.
These things helps to identify target at longer range and immune to electronic warfare except rf.

Gerlat

Country flag

Question ? DC maws, dc- what are those colors ? Ir- infrared [red]. Big confusion.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Question- dcmaws , range 3/5km.
Das - capable of track missile 1500km. Can you provide any insight ?
That's eots not maws part , eots do search part , if you are confusing with the statement about f 35 , that it tracked a ballastic missile , 1500km away , so it was a specific mission , it was provide a rough tragectory of missile , then it tracked it , it can't track small missile at that distance , no aircraft can .

Read the discussion few pages back on amca thread and this thread alogwith somewhat on lca thread , will get a clear idea

Gerlat

Country flag
That's eots not maws part , eots do search part , if you are confusing with the statement about f 35 , that it tracked a ballastic missile , 1500km away , so it was a specific mission , it was provide a rough tragectory of missile , then it tracked it , it can't track small missile at that distance , no aircraft can .

Read the discussion few pages back on amca thread and this thread alogwith somewhat on lca thread , will get a clear idea
According to LM eots is a 4th gen Sniper which is inferior to xr. So it's das not eots. Das is also a eots with smaller resolution and very high sensitivity. And capable of tracking ICBM 1300km away, irst, maws, mlws, optical surveillance, etc. and the best thing in f35. No wonder why f35 have lots of software issues. Rafale, f16, f15, ef2000 etc having more advanced sensors than eots. Now LM wanted a brand new eots [advanced sinper xr].
I stick with f35 manufacture/suppliers in this case.

Last edited:

SARTHAK

Country flag
Got it, dual ir Freq.
actually 1500 km range is an exaggeration ,it is like i can see sun with my naked eyes ,so range of my eyes is insane, actually ballistic missiles have huge huge ir signature, Das is nothing but multiple irst systems embedded in the body ,eots is the integrated targeting pod for ground targets, so das(irst in simple language)can see missiles and aircrafts at around 100 km range assuming das(irst) operates in mid wave and long wave ir bands, because if it operates in midwave then it will only see missiles approaching towards the aircrafts, for detecting the aircrafts u need long wave ir band,. The Indian version developed in 2005 has m id wave band only but it will be upgraded so long wave ir band will be added and hence Indian das will be known as( dc maws +)

eots is targeting pod blended in the body, Indians use Israeli pods hanging externally ,DRDO can make a integrated targeting pod by adding a (tv camera + high resolution ir sensor) together ,dc maws has ir sensor but not a tv camera,it means drdo can develop ir sensors only tv camera shall be made

Gerlat

Country flag
actually 1500 km range is an exaggeration ,it is like i can see sun with my naked eyes ,so range of my eyes is insane, actually ballistic missiles have huge huge ir signature, Das is nothing but multiple irst systems embedded in the body ,eots is the integrated targeting pod for ground targets, so das(irst in simple language)can see missiles and aircrafts at around 100 km range assuming das(irst) operates in mid wave and long wave ir bands, because if it operates in midwave then it will only see missiles approaching towards the aircrafts, for detecting the aircrafts u need long wave ir band,. The Indian version developed in 2005 has m id wave band only but it will be upgraded so long wave ir band will be added and hence Indian das will be known as( dc maws +)

eots is targeting pod blended in the body, Indians use Israeli pods hanging externally ,DRDO can make a integrated targeting pod by adding a (tv camera + high resolution ir sensor) together ,dc maws has ir sensor but not a tv camera,it means drdo can develop ir sensors only tv camera shall be made
DRDO can make both ir and visible [tv] sensors for multiple defence/offensive purpose.
I'm looking for drdo development in mmw, uv range.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Optical contrast seekers, or simply contrast seekers, are a type of missile guidance system using a television camera as its primary input. The camera is initially pointed at a target and then locked on, allowing the missile to fly to its target by keeping the image stable within the camera's field of view.

BlackViking

Country flag
Optical contrast seekers, or simply contrast seekers, are a type of missile guidance system using a television camera as its primary input. The camera is initially pointed at a target and then locked on, allowing the missile to fly to its target by keeping the image stable within the camera's field of view.
What type of camera do they utilise?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles