Tejas
Tejas mk1
Tejas mk2
TEDBF
AMCA.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I don't think after so much research and development they will fail in making a internal pod , how credible is this source
He must’ve asked Dr. Ghosh who is the program director of AMCA, so I thought to share it, as internal pod is what West calls EOTS.

SARTHAK

Country flag
I don't think after so much research and development they will fail in making a internal pod , how credible is this source
if you listen the interview carefully while explaining about the sensors he said one sensor is going to come under the belly doesn't that mean it will function as eots ,just asking i dont know if it can or not

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
if you listen the interview carefully while explaining about the sensors he said one sensor is going to come under the belly doesn't that mean it will function as eots ,just asking i dont know if it can or not
DAS

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
He must’ve asked Dr. Ghosh who is the program director of AMCA, so I thought to share it, as internal pod is what West calls EOTS.
It is quite sad news then ,they ditched side bays , ditched tvc , reduced iwb capacity , now depleting avionics quality , then why should iaf buy a fucking ugly 5th generation looking 4th generation jet .

Is it a joke , you wanna make a 5 th generation aircraft , without a internal pod , small weapons bays , less internal fuel , what would they fit inside the body , extra pilots.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
they could easily add tv camera there and make it eots(btw what is the actual difference between eots and das (in terms of technicality) afaik it is the tv camera
DAS is a 360 degree IRST, EOTS is like a conformal Targetting pod.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It is quite sad news then ,they ditched side bays , ditched tvc , reduced iwb capacity , now depleting avionics quality , then why should iaf buy a fucking ugly 5th generation looking 4th generation jet .

Is it a joke , you wanna make a 5 th generation aircraft , without a internal pod , small weapons bays , less internal fuel , what would they fit inside the body , extra pilots.
TVC is not ditched afaik

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

EOTS should be mandatory along with DAS, else no point of AMCA as it will only be a logistical nightmare.

SARTHAK

Country flag
i wanted to know that what is actual difference between a targetting pod and irst beacause both have ir sensors only difference is the position fact that targetting pod also has a tv camera

IndianHawk

Country flag
i wanted to know that what is actual difference between a targetting pod and irst beacause both have ir sensors only difference is the position fact that targetting pod also has a tv camera
Irst is tuned for aerial search and track while targeting pods is tuned to light up target on ground by minimising ground clutter.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Irst is tuned for aerial search and track while targeting pods is tuned to light up target on ground by minimising ground clutter.
yes that is what was looking for ,so my next question if we have a ir sensor of "dc maws" system at the belly cant it be configured for groud search as you said?

IndianHawk

Country flag
yes that is what was looking for ,so my next question if we have a ir sensor of "dc maws" system at the belly cant it be configured for groud search as you said?
Dc maws is tuned to look for incoming missiles . Dual color makes more effective against sam coming form ground. It is therefore distributed across entire fighter jet. So it's also different than targeting pod which needs to be ahead of missiles to be able to create a infra red track for missile to follow . Targeting also requires visual proof more than maws lest we destroy wrong target so more complex algorithms more powerful circuits which in turn require cooling solutions.

But you are somewhat right in. Future we might see combined system for all these things given the jets have enough internal space and heat dissipation.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles