TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I posted that on the SDF and then dino who was trolled for the interview by us seen that post and made this tweet. But didn't read that in the second post I expectedly metioned that's its a Fan art. This kind of thing happens if you'd don't keep your concertation properly.
Haldi are you in SDF? Last time I checked there were more pakistanis in there than actual chinese.how do you cope with these guys?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
He is an idiot , Rafale and the rendering is pretty much different , Air Intake , Front stealth profiling , Canards and wing sweep's are different , only an idiot with zero knowledge in aviation can find similarity in those two 😊
Log ko kuch bhi hagna he bas muh se, Twitter is specially that kind of place, everyone thinks his opinion is the word of god.
There are two most prominent type of wing shape that came out after the nascent stage of aviation during 1900s to 1960s
Most of the fixed wings were either Swept wing and next most popular being delta wing and a minority of sweep wing.

Delta wings didn't invite much attention until very later due to economic benefits of Swept wings and technological constraints.

If one were to categorize all planes made after 1960s, they will fall under these three category.
Nowadays people will see a delta wing and instantly jump to calling it Rafale copy.
Why so, isn't rafale copy of the first delta wing ever made?
There is a very limited scope to aircraft shape design now that we are moving to ideal design of aircraft.
That is the reason why all stealth plane look like F 22.
All planes looking the same is inevitable.

This is like saying why all oranges look the same. Because nigga if u change all the characteristic of orange just so that it looks distinct than it will not remain an orange anymore it will become apple.

This twitter account better not belong to an Indian, this kind of low IQ behaviour and conclusion can only belong to a Inbred Paki.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So TEDBF is essentially a naval AMCA Mark1, but with larger canarded delta-wings to haul higher payload from skyjump... except with only frontal stealth.
Other than folding wings, every tech is to be a copy-paste of the AMCA.

Config to be frozen by mid2021, rollout in 2025 (same as AMCA).

PS: A 3rd single engine naval LCA to be made in operational standard. Possibly the LIFT offered to US trainer competition.

Marliii

Country flag
So TEDBF is essentially a naval AMCA Mark1, but with larger canarded delta-wings to haul higher payload from skyjump.. Except with only frontal stealth.
Every tech is to be a copy-paste of the AMCA, except for folding wings.

Config to be frozen by mid2021.
TEDBF will have canards right will they be detrimental to stealth?

Marliii

Country flag
Rafale has comparable RCS as Su-57.

Depends on the design & materials.
Bleh can you make a render from what the director of ADA said about TEDBF ? I know its a lot of work but at least we can see a rough sketch of the design.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
So TEDBF is essentially a naval AMCA Mark1, but with larger canarded delta-wings to haul higher payload from skyjump... except with only frontal stealth.
Other than folding wings, every tech is to be a copy-paste of the AMCA.

Config to be frozen by mid2021, rollout in 2025 (same as AMCA).

PS: A 3rd single engine naval LCA to be made in operational standard. Possibly the LIFT offered to US trainer competition.
Wha....? NANI!!!!!!?????
Are they planning internal weapons bay as well?

kurup

Country flag
@Kuntal renderings are the closest right now as far as TEDBF is concerned .

Althought he made it for ORCA , it looks very similar to TEDBF . Only the intake & canard blending with the frontal area need to remodelled .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Wha....? NANI!!!!!!?????
Are they planning internal weapons bay as well?
Hard to tell, maybe. Maybe not.

It makes sense to use similar fuselage design as AMCA, that'll save time in designing. It's a parallel Petham of AMCA after all.

Bleh can you make a render from what the director of ADA said about TEDBF ? I know its a lot of work but at least we can see a rough sketch of the design.
I'm working on a top-front-side view for @Kuntal's render... As well as editing my old TEDBF artworks. Will share both once done.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
AMCA will be 11-12 tons empty weight. Internal fuel is just 3.8 tons it's going to hv short legs like Mig-29.
It's meant to be our next Mig29... which also means that it'll be an equally shitty naval jet.

Instead of having internal weapons bay, TEDBF can probably carry 2-3 ton extra fuel.

Last edited:

tsunami

Country flag
It's meant to be our next Mig29... which also means that it'll be an equally shitty naval jet.

Instead of having internal weapons bay, TEDBF can probably carry 2-3 ton extra fuel.
Not sure where you got this info of only 3.8 tons of internal fuel. AFIK it should be somewhere 5 tons. Remember it has to be able to do deep strike missions too. If it have only 23 -25 % internal fuel it can't do that. Remember you can't carry drop tanks for stealth missions. Also how you got to 2 tons internal weapons? Even F-22 doesn't carry that much weapons realistically.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Not sure where you got this info of only 3.8 tons of internal fuel. AFIK it should be somewhere 5 tons. Remember it has to be able to do deep strike missions too. If it have only 23 -25 % internal fuel it can't do that. Remember you can't carry drop tanks for stealth missions. Also how you got to 2 tons internal weapons? Even F-22 doesn't carry that much weapons realistically.
Google. You'll find multiple sources.

Contradicting versions exist on internet, as it's not known... This says internal 6.5t (but i think the mistook it with external payload), most estimates scale it at max 4t.
I remember my info from something like a Defexpo placard. 4×450kg HSLD bombs would weigh 1.8t, so I find that reasonable.

BTW eventually there will be stealthy fuel tanks & external weapons bay.

Last edited:

Marliii

Country flag
Google. You'll find multiple sources.

Contradicting versions exist on internet, as it's not known... This says internal 6.5t (but i think the mistook it with external payload), most estimates scale it at max 4t.
I remember my info from something like a Defexpo placard. 4×450kg HSLD bombs would weigh 1.8t, so I find that reasonable.
How many hitpoints both internal and external are planed for AMCA and TEDBF.tejas mk2 has 11 so I think AMCA will have more than that.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
How many hitpoints both internal and external are planed for AMCA and TEDBF.tejas mk2 has 11 so I think AMCA will have more than that.
Older AMCA design had 2 side-bays for CCM & another design had 5 BVRs in single internal bay... Presently they had a big single bay that can carry 4 HSLD bombs. 3 more hardpoints on each wing, none on wingtip (as of previous model). So probably 9, maybe 11.

TEDBF will probably have 13 like those ORCA concepts allowed 5 under fuselage & 4 on each wings.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles