TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Trololo

Country flag
That look like a stealthier version of euro fighter typhoon is there any information IAF will join this project?
Its neither stealthy nor a typhoon. Also the Typhoon has proper long arm canards.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Its neither stealthy nor a typhoon. Also the Typhoon has proper long arm canards.
Its semi stealth dude I didn't claim it was an f22 . it looks a lot like eurofighter that what I meant

WarriorIndian

Country flag
No & no.

IAF has their AMCA Mark1 & Mark2, they don't need another semi-stealth design beside Tejas Mark (this MWF might see a stealthier Mark3 descendant on similar lines).

IN knows they can't have AMCA. Unless tailor-made for naval ops, jets can't takeoff with meaningful battle loads from skyjumps, exactly what Mig-29K & Su-33 suffer from. Plus both AMCA & TEDBF are parallel projects, scheduled for 1st flight in 2024-5 & 2026 respectively.
But Didnt Navy actually approach ADA for a carrier based AMCA back in 2016? If thats something Navy wants, I seriously dont see any need for TEDBF.

WarriorIndian

Country flag
AMCA is not a carrier based fighter program. Most likely not going to be, either.
Do you think that the Navy Chief is stupid to have expressed the support that he expressed to TEDBF?
Wow Dude, take it easy with me. Do you think the Navy is fool to have approached ADA for an AMCA Navy ? Whats going to be their future aircraft anyways? Is it the F-18's or TEDBF or AMCA or all?

Marliii

Country flag
F35 A,B,C are all respectively all designed seperately and should be considered as different fighters according to a pentagon official.so there is no air force variant converted into naval variant 5 th generation fighter out there.F35b was designed with the sole purpose of naval operations.so TEDBF is better for navy than AMCA navelised take mig29k for eg and the chinese j11 naval fighters are much harder ti design and to work.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
They need to design carrier based 5th gen fighter from scratch.
TEDBF will be same class as AMCA Mark1... 5th gen, but for supercruise & thrust vectors.

Also only frontal stealth, but as repeated several times, stealth don't matter in naval ops. Even if carrier battle-group's position is not be known & satellite tracked, plus the AShM will end any semblance of low observability.

Killbot

Country flag
Wow Dude, take it easy with me. Do you think the Navy is fool to have approached ADA for an AMCA Navy ? Whats going to be their future aircraft anyways? Is it the F-18's or TEDBF or AMCA or all?
Like many members have said above, AMCA is a land based fighter and reconfiguring it for deck based operations would affect its capability adversely. And not to mention, take a lot of time. The Navy is dead set, and invested (they are involved in the design), on the TEDBF. From what we have heard so far, a few (maybe a dozen) F/A-18 SHs may be leased as an interim measure, but that is about it.

Akula

Country flag
How many TEDBF will Navy buy if it becomes operational?

Marliii

Country flag
Front section looks more like 5th generation fighter and this will have by the looks of it be semi-stealth as well

Flying Dagger

Country flag
But Didnt Navy actually approach ADA for a carrier based AMCA back in 2016? If thats something Navy wants, I seriously dont see any need for TEDBF.
Navy will not get AMCA before 2040 and they need aircrafts for their carrier operation now.

Tedbf may workout by 2030s with an assembly line dedicated to Naval requirements.

Another factor is cost of operating a fifth gen fighter jet is pretty high in comparison to a 4th gen jet.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Better now?..

I posted that on the SDF and then dino who was trolled for the interview by us seen that post and made this tweet. But didn't read that in the second post I expectedly metioned that's its a Fan art. This kind of thing happens if you'd don't keep your concertation properly.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I posted that on the SDF and then dino who was trolled for the interview by us seen that post and made this tweet. But didn't read that in the second post I expectedly metioned that's its a Fan art. This kind of thing happens if you'd don't keep your concertation properly.
Well it helped here I'd say, that he mistook it for real... Throw that in the face of any "Rafale clone".

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles