TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Kuntal

Country flag
But won't the above suggestion be simpler?.. Lesser missing & reshaping.

Also the number of vertical stabilizers depend on the vortex formation. Actually the present one has the canards further apart, outside the intakes (like J-20) & may need twin vertical stabilisers... But if canards be on fuselage then it's more likely to require a single tail. View attachment 55394
Yes it's. But from modeling point of view, it could be little bit tricky to lower the intake. Let's see what I can do.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yes it's. But from modeling point of view, it could be little bit tricky to lower the intake. Let's see what I can do.
More importantly you gotta change the tail/s... This one looks exactly same as Rafale's giving ot agonist same silhouette.
IMG_20200803_204553.jpg

Although I do think these are a bit of a uneconomic use of your efforts... They have openly said that even MWF is can I have a semi-stealth with AMCA coating & materials. Which almost guarantees the ORCA to have frontal steath with stealthy radome, serrated edges & leading-edge aligned like this https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/tedbf-or-orca-updates.81942/post-1675468

TEDBF at this point is almost guaranteed this, with AMCA like tail.
maxresdefault.jpg

Synergy

Country flag
just asking, is there any chance for tedbf/orca to be a heavy catagory aircraft as after MKI we won't have any.

(haven't gone through all the posts of this thread yet. so please ignore if it's a repeat).

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
just asking, is there any chance for tedbf/orca to be a heavy catagory aircraft as after MKI we won't have any.

(haven't gone through all the posts of this thread yet. so please ignore if it's a repeat).
No indication now... actually it was discussed before how Rafale can haul a massive about of payload due to is delta-canard design. Once 110kN engines are operational then AMCA & ORCA can both carry almost 3.5t & 5t more net payload respectively.

But not proper heavy class aircraft until 130kN engine is ready, about 2040. IAF will probably some oldest Su-30 with AMCA,to make the fleet less top-heavy.

Kuntal

Country flag
Yeah... They were never that interested in ORCA anyway.

Navy can't have N-AMCA because its not feasible to operate stealthy jets from sky-jump carriers (limited op.radius + massive AShM), or else they'd have gone for pure 5th gen too.
@Kuntal wanna work on this next?
IMG_20200805_232806.jpg
Do we have a side view and a front view of this design ?

Kuntal

Country flag
Yeah... They were never that interested in ORCA anyway.

Navy can't have N-AMCA because its not feasible to operate stealthy jets from sky-jump carriers (limited op.radius + massive AShM), or else they'd have gone for pure 5th gen too.
@Kuntal wanna work on this next?
IMG_20200805_232806.jpg
It's getting impossible for me to keep up with you guys in DFI, as I'm not a regular here. We'll have a discussion on twitter inbox or somewhere else about this design.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It's getting impossible for me to keep up with you guys in DFI, as I'm not a regular here. We'll have a discussion on twitter inbox or somewhere else about this design.
Sure we'll talk there.
Do we have a side view and a front view of this design ?
Yes, hold on. I'll send you detailed top-side-front views to tomorrow morning... You'd get the nose, tail, canopy windshield & rear-fuselage shape from MWF.

Synergy

Country flag

IAF rejects ORCA
any official confirmation?

if AF backs out then will the tedbf project be feasible?

probably AF is banking on mmrca.

so there should be either 171 Rafales or SH (114+57). so an investment of about $30/35B at this point of time, will it be possible?

Suhaan

Country flag

so there should be either 171 Rafales or SH (114+57). so an investment of about $30/35B at this point of time, will it be possible?
I guess it(link) will be out in coming days

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Tedbf or twin engine Tejas , is still very realistic project and shouldn't be scrapped at all.

Air force may come back once they see the product doing fine. IN must go for it as eventually they will need 100+ fighter jet with 3 carrier and air strips on andaman islands .

Flying Dagger

Country flag
It is feasible. IN has already decided to reduce requirements to 36 from 57 due to fund issue. That means somewhere they do understand they need an indigenous solution to keep cost down and get their objectives.

If you compare the cost of Import with the projected program cost for tedbf it will definitely fall under it.

IAF can join later the only reason to worry is whether we have resources to put it through prototype phase at the earliest.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles