TEDBF or ORCA Updates

vayuu1

Country flag
Not with the renders i am seeing. But i remember reading official statement saying that there will be no gap, no overlap between wings and canards. These renders are overlapping. I don't think my eyes are bluffing due to angle. I checked that so many times before i raised this issue.. before as well. Let's see if anyone else sees no overlap like you.

Yes..ORCA is not a stealth aircraft but it's Low Observable. Or atleast i hope ORCA don't go back from Tejas LO since it is not finalized. We can change a good number of things over the life of an aircraft but the physical design is something which is not going to be modified that easily. If we are to be spending heavily on Radar absorbing materials and stealth RAM paints to achieve LO.. then why can't we just go with 5th gen stealth frames instead and call it a day? And electronic counter measures are overrated.. Rafale hides it's engines nicely without impacting it's airflow. That's design optimization. ORCA needs design optimization.. not costly paints.

Also ORCA's design is nowhere gonna look anything like the renders that are getting posted.
Bhai the thing is if you heard the interview of Mr nambiar, when asked about mwf and Rafale and him saying mwf will be better, one can clearly observe one thing, that Rafale is going to be the benchmark for future aircraft's technology wise, design wise package wise, though amca will be different but, aircraft's like mwf, orca and tedbf, will now have to reach the level of Rafale or atleast try to be close to it.

wraith96

Country flag
Not with the renders i am seeing. But i remember reading official statement saying that there will be no gap, no overlap between wings and canards. These renders are overlapping. I don't think my eyes are bluffing due to angle. I checked that so many times before i raised this issue.. before as well. Let's see if anyone else sees no overlap like you.

Yes..ORCA is not a stealth aircraft but it's Low Observable. Or atleast i hope ORCA don't go back from Tejas LO since it is not finalized. We can change a good number of things over the life of an aircraft but the physical design is something which is not going to be modified that easily. If we are to be spending heavily on Radar absorbing materials and stealth RAM paints to achieve LO.. then why can't we just go with 5th gen stealth frames instead and call it a day? And electronic counter measures are overrated.. Rafale hides it's engines nicely without impacting it's airflow. That's design optimization. ORCA needs design optimization.. not costly paints.

Also ORCA's design is nowhere gonna look anything like the renders that are getting posted.
Most likely like this!!
IMG_20200729_113724.jpg

aerokan

Country flag
Bhai the thing is if you heard the interview of Mr nambiar, when asked about mwf and Rafale and him saying mwf will be better, one can clearly observe one thing, that Rafale is going to be the benchmark for future aircraft's technology wise, design wise package wise, though amca will be different but, aircraft's like mwf, orca and tedbf, will now have to reach the level of Rafale or atleast try to be close to it.
Correct.. that's why i was saying the renders are not close enough as they have lot of holes.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Since it's being claimed that our Orca will be better than Rafale then it's pertinent to ask how much have we worked to be on par with Rafale or Typhoon in terms of avionics and EW suits...?

aerokan

Country flag
Which engine will power it?
Can we use the same engine which Rafael uses, but in single configuration?
If we use single Rafale M88 engine.. it will be so severely underpowered for the weight of the naval fighter and will be worse than NLCA that navy currently rejected for full load carrier operations.

Twin engines will be used and initially it will be an upgraded GE 414 engine over NLCA's engine and in the future maybe a new engine that will be developed with RollsRoyce if things work out well.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Shape of the wing is different and conformal fuel tanks are still missing. Now it looks more like Rafale.
Many have already pointed that out. Especially some French chaps. @Kuntal sure is getting famous!
F16-like CFTs as this guys did...
...& moving the canards on the fuselage (in place of the extended glass of canopy) by loering the intake a bit would silence much of such criticism by giving it an unique look.
IMG_20200803_204553.jpg

Last edited:

Kuntal

Country flag
As most of you are asking for it , I'll be reshaping the model. Cranked delta will make a come back, along with CFT, intake - under the wing, and thus space for canard on the fuselage.
In this case I may have to sacrify the DSI.
Also I'm thinking of twin vertical stabilizer like the F18s.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
intake - under the wing, and thus space for canard on the fuselage.
In this case I may have to sacrify the DSI.
But won't the above suggestion be simpler?.. Lesser missing & reshaping.

Also the number of vertical stabilizers depend on the vortex formation. Actually the present one has the canards further apart, outside the intakes (like J-20) & may need twin vertical stabilisers... But if canards be on fuselage then it's more likely to require a single tail.
IMG_20200803_224022.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles