TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Flying Dagger

Country flag
AMCA first flight by 2024 is quite difficult 2026 maybe.
9 years of development after that. 2035 is the timeline I always believed for AMCA to operational.

MWF 2027-8
ORCA 2032

Just my opinion.
Actually it's pretty realistic infact in an above post it is mentioned that navy will get tedbf by 2032 that also means ORCA is either delayed or may not even come if IAF insists on AMCA only.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Comparing prices of Tejasmk1a with Rafale is classic case of apple to oranges .

What abt the capability difference 1 Rafale brings in comparison to 2-3 tejas ?
People who can't afford apples, has to find a way to make do with oranges... :frog:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
And situation has changed in last 2 years... Our 5th gen pkan is now effectively split between ±5th gen ORCA, 5th gen AMCA Mark1 & 5th+ gen AMCA Mark2!
Practical TEDBF... based on existing twin-F414 fuselage, with limited frontal stealth & AMCA's internal weapons bay. Option for stealthy fuel tank & external weapons pod.
TEDBF.ORCA.jpg

Flying Dagger

Country flag
...not by choice. By compulsion.

Same reason US don't have 50 squadrons F-22.
What does that even mean.. another apple orange combo.

USA went for F 35 instead shutting down F 22 was a bad move thanks to Obama and co which many of them regret now in close quarter. And they were never in a tight spot like us with thousands of 4.5th gen fighter jets and UAVs in their arsenal.

Come back to the original point.

We need Rafale and it's better to have them and order more 3-4 Sqd instead of waiting another decade for future HAL offerings.

airtel

Country flag
AMCA first flight by 2024 is quite difficult 2026 maybe.
9 years of development after that. 2035 is the timeline I always believed for AMCA to operational.

MWF 2027-8
ORCA 2032

Just my opinion.

It is very much possible , first flight of AMCA with GE414 engines .
And avonics can be developed even after the first flight .
In 4 years the can make it .

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
TEDBF will surely have larger wingspan to lift more load, something like Rafale which has somewhat extended wing tips, I don't think they'll incorporate horizontal tailfins since it's not there in Tejas which is a tested and proven design.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles