TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Ha yeh hai mere TEDDY. Actually TEDDY is basically a cute nickname of TEDBF though actually.

Anyways it doesn't matter, I am now starting to like the TEDBF even more than Rafale itself. Yes Actually.

I am all in for this plane. Now I am waiting for it's first Prototype to be Rolled out and for to make its first flight.

Let's hope for the best and best wishes to our Scientists on this project.
:india:

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Ha yeh hai mere TEDDY. Actually TEDDY is basically a cute nickname of TEDBF though actually.

Anyways it doesn't matter, I am now starting to like the TEDBF even more than Rafale itself. Yes Actually.

I am all in for this plane. Now I am waiting for it's first Prototype to be Rolled out and for to make its first flight.

Let's hope for the best and best wishes to our Scientists on this project.
Yes, i believe it will/should be better than Rafale M.

On a French website (https://omnirole-rafale.com/avionique/evolutif/), MLUs for Rafale has been given, till they develop FCAS.
F4 (2024)
GMTI (Ground Moving Target Indicator)
SPECTRA: detetion & jamming extensions towards low & high bands to overcome triangulation methods
AASM MICA-NG
L16 block-2
Directional data-link
Reinforce N/w arch. gainst cyber attack
encrypted satcom
active EM decoy/jammer
wider side-screens
HMDS
OLS diagnostics
new engine ECU

F5(2030)
F6 (2040)
SPECTRA optimization
AESA-EW
SCAF intrgration
Increased multi-spectral multi-functional antennas embedded into airframe rather than portruding.

So we have to remain competitive if TEDBF needs to be better than Rafale. I guess we signed deal to upgrade to F4 std.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Yes, i believe it will/should be better than Rafale M.

On a French website (https://omnirole-rafale.com/avionique/evolutif/), MLUs for Rafale has been given, till they develop FCAS.
F4 (2024)
GMTI (Ground Moving Target Indicator)
SPECTRA: detetion & jamming extensions towards low & high bands to overcome triangulation methods
AASM MICA-NG
L16 block-2
Directional data-link
Reinforce N/w arch. gainst cyber attack
encrypted satcom
active EM decoy/jammer
wider side-screens
HMDS
OLS diagnostics
new engine ECU

F5(2030)
F6 (2040)
SPECTRA optimization
AESA-EW
SCAF intrgration
Increased multi-spectral multi-functional antennas embedded into airframe rather than portruding.

So we have to remain competitive if TEDBF needs to be better than Rafale. I guess we signed deal to upgrade to F4 std.
There are many such rumours with regards to TEDBF(Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter), also I believe it's Gonna be better Than even Rafale F-4 Variant.

Whether it's going to be as Capable as the specs of it say to be, well that Time will tell. Let's hope for the best from our side.

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
There are many such rumours with regards to TEDBF, also I believe it's Gonna be better Than even Rafale F-4.

Whether it's going to be as Capable as the specs of it say to be, well that Time will tell. Let's hope for the best from our side.
Rumors? such as...
An important thing to notice in F1 induction in 2001 to F4 so far is huge time taken to implement certain features, modes, etc. It does take time to implement everything in blocks/versions as per immdiate requirement & future MLUs but now/today most of of these features have become bare min. requirement, bcoz threats to jets have also advanced.
We can't afford to implement these over 2 decades, meaning by 2030+/- induction time, TEDBF should be equal/ahead than then-version of MLUed Rafale.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Rumors? such as...
An important thing to notice in F1 induction in 2001 to F4 so far is huge time taken to implement certain features, modes, etc. It does take time to implement everything in blocks/versions as per immdiate requirement & future MLUs but now/today most of of these features have become bare min. requirement, bcoz threats to jets have also advanced.
We can't afford to implement these over 2 decades, meaning by 2030+/- induction time, TEDBF should be equal/ahead than then-version of MLUed Rafale.
Yes I agree with what you have written. Let's see what happens. Only time will tell. Maybe the design which was showcased at Aero India 2021 isn't even the Finalised Design of it, I guess they will still do some changes to it and refine it.

What happens to its design? Well we will know that in the Next Aero India Airshow. For now I don't have anything else to say on this.

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Yes I agree with what you have written. Let's se what happens. Only time will tell. Maybe the design which was showcased at Aero India 2021 isn't even the Finalised Design of it, I guess they will still do some changes to it and refine it.

What happens to its design? Well we will know that in the Next Aero India Airshow. For now I don't have anything else to say on this.
They kept people guessing about AMCA models like a puzzle🤔, still now also minute details r missing. Surprises waiting tillprototype flies🧐

Super Flanker

Country flag
They kept people guessing about AMCA models like a puzzle🤔, still now also minute details r missing. Surprises waiting tillprototype flies🧐
The Model of AMCA which was showcased in Aero India 2021was missing some features. Anyways we will know more about TEDBF, Tejas mk2, AMCA in the next Aero India 2021 Airshow. Don't worry about anything bruh.

But everything will become crystal clear once the First Prototypes of each respective program emerge and make their First flight.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The Model of AMCA which was showcased in Aero India 2021was missing some features. Anyways we will know more about TEDBF, Tejas mk2, AMCA in the next Aero India 2021 Airshow. Don't worry about anything bruh.

But everything will become crystal clear once the First Prototypes of each respective program emerge and make their First flight.
Didn't u just rephrased the comment u quoted with few extra words.:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Do some reading or you will be banned for spamming thread , it has happened with people in past too several times , hope u understand that defence forum aren't what's app chat groups

Super Flanker

Country flag
Didn't u just rephrased the comment u quoted with few extra words.:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Do some reading or you will be banned for spamming thread , it has happened with people in past too several times , hope u understand that defence forum aren't what's app chat groups
Okay bruh! Sorry about that, I won't do that. Sorry once again it's become mostly an habit to do something like that. I will Try and Reframe from it from now.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Okay bruh! Sorry about that, I won't do that. Sorry once again it's become mostly an habit to do something like that. I will Try and Reframe from it from now.
It's in your favour , people are ignoring till now because u are a youngster, otherwise ask anyone what happens with people who spam too much

Super Flanker

Country flag
It's in your favour , people are ignoring till now because u are a youngster, otherwise ask anyone what happens with people who spam too much
Yes I am aware and I have seen it myself on this Forum, such people get banned straight away because they just clutter the thread with unnecessary repetitive posts.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Not going for ORCA will be a lost opportunity
Exactly, ORCA I guess will be Basically be just an Airforce version of TEDBF, Generation wise I am assuming it will be between 4.5 and 5th Generation like TEDBF itself. It would be a very good option for Indian Airforce to go for it (Maybe?)

But to be fair, as of recent times, I am hearing Little to Absolutelely no updates with regards to ORCA, I Feel like Indian Airforce is not interested in it ,maybe it's effectively dead? I am not sure about this.

This entire Saga of ORCA is a bit confusing for me, TEDBF? Well that's a lot clear but ORCA not at all from my side.

@Lonewolf is there any update on ORCA? Or Is it that I am missing out on it?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Exactly, ORCA I guess will be Basically be just an Airforce version of TEDBF, Generation wise I am assuming it will be between 4.5 and 5th Generation like TEDBF itself. It would be a very good option for Indian Airforce to go for it (Maybe?)

But to be fair, as of recent times, I am hearing Little to Absolutelely no updates with regards to ORCA, I Feel like Indian Airforce is not interested in it ,maybe it's effectively dead? I am not sure about this.

This entire Saga of ORCA is a bit confusing for me, TEDBF? Well that's a lot clear but ORCA not at all from my side.

@Lonewolf is there any update on ORCA? Or Is it that I am missing out on it?
No update , except info from a recent interview

Super Flanker

Country flag
No update , except info from a recent interview
What Interview?
Could you kindly share it here?
I wanted to get some information with regards to ORCA, because due to the lack of Updates ,I am starting to think that it's either effectively dead or Indian Airforce is not interested.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
What Interview? Could you kindly share it here? I wanted to get some information with regards to ORCA, because due to the lack of Updates ,I am starting to think that it's either effectively dead or Indian Airforce is not interested.
Read a few pages back or check livfest website

Global Defence

New threads

Articles