TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
ORCA will be a reality.
The reason IAF isn’t interested in TEDBF is they already have 2/3rd of their fighters as twin engine and if at all MMRC 2.0 happens it will be for another twin engine fighter.

&

around the world all air forces prefer single engine fighter less maintenance less cost could be procured in big no.with the exception of Russia of course!!

thus,

What if ADA design single engine variant of the TEDBF same design with reduced weight and internal weapon bay rest all common thus IAF happily ordering a big no. thus reducing cost for both the aircraft.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
The reason IAF isn’t interested in TEDBF is they already have 2/3rd of their fighters as twin engine and if at all MMRC 2.0 happens it will be for another twin engine fighter.

&

around the world all air forces prefer single engine fighter less maintenance less cost could be procured in big no.with the exception of Russia of course!!

thus,

What if ADA design single engine variant of the TEDBF same design with reduced weight and internal weapon bay rest all common thus IAF happily ordering a big no. thus reducing cost for both the aircraft.
Which country prefers single engine fighters only? Most try to make a mix including IAF,USAF,PLAAF .porkies only go on single engine because of cost factor

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Dude it's not just about canted vertical stabilizer , whole airframe should have design so that dual one is feasible , generally their rear is more flat but tedbf us more curvier , look at sukhoi , it's back , amca , j 20 , f 22 , f 35. , Design is much different
Ok now I get it !!
it is due to the overall design of airframe is as such that vortex thus being generated through it wouldn’t support twin vertical stabilisers.

Delta will only get single tail wing
as such this didn’t made any sense coz J20 is also a delta canard design still it has twin vertical stabilisers.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

&

thus,

Look sukhoi are going to be retured post 2030 , some will definitely ,as do mig 29,mirage , jaguars .

So all sungle engine will be replaced by some odd 290+ tejas mk1 +mk1a+mk2 , that's about 18 squadrons , but unlike US and other nations , here we require more twin engine fighter , Himalayas , Andaman nicobar , lakshadweep , in those region single engine fighter are dangerous to operate as in case of engine failure , so reat 24 squadrons will be of twin engine Jets, as older sukhoi retire , newer orca can replace , with involvement of loyal wingman , no more additional squadrons requirements

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Which country prefers single engine fighters only? Most try to make a mix including IAF,USAF,PLAAF .porkies only go on single engine because of cost factor
I agree with you but that’s what I’m saying we already have 2/3rd of our fighters as twin engine. What we have as single engine those also will retire soon we only have Tejas and it’s variants only.

and you can check every country has more single engine fighter than the twin engine. Quantity is in itself a Quality.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I agree with you but that’s what I’m saying we already have 2/3rd of our fighters as twin engine. What we have as single engine those also will retire soon we only have Tejas and it’s variants only.

and you can check every country has more single engine fighter than the twin engine. Quantity is in itself a Quality.
Chinese too have 2/3 of tein engine aircraft , and single engine is just j 10 , which is about in same class of our tejas mk 2 , usaf composition is similar

Marliii

Country flag

100+ tejus and 200+mk2 that's larger than no of fighters in RAF and IAF has always had a love relationship with double engine fighters.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
100+ tejus and 200+mk2 that's larger than no of fighters in RAF and IAF has always had a love relationship with double engine fighters.
Bro if we are talking about two front war will our just 42 sqd would be enough??
Coz in the coming time Pak will add at-least 100-200 jets.
&
Who knows how many will China acquire as it is already on a shopping spree

I think we should try and get at-least 60 sqds with 36 single engine and 24 twin engine by 2040-45.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Bro if we are talking about two front war will our just 42 sqd would be enough??
&

I think we should try and get at-least 60 sqds with 36 single engine and 24 twin engine by 2040-45.
J 7 aka mig rebranded

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ok now I get it !!
it is due to the overall design of airframe is as such that vortex thus being generated through it wouldn’t support twin vertical stabilisers.

as such this didn’t made any sense coz J20 is also a delta canard design still it has twin vertical stabilisers.
Do you even know the size of J-20 in front of Rafale? J-20’s aspect ratio is bigger, produces more drag hence needs twin stabilizers.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
MK-II has less chances for repeat order than MK1A.
This is why I feel a single variant of same design as TEDBF will be perfect as for IAF and will help in reducing cost as well as providing commonality!

Even personally not a big fan of tejas mk2 design but TEDBF design is awesome!!

Transonic performance of the aircraft is going to be epic!🙂

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This is why I feel a single variant of same design as TEDBF will be perfect as for IAF and will help in reducing cost as well as providing commonality!

Even personally not a big fan of tejas mk2 design but TEDBF design is awesome!!

Transonic performance of the aircraft is going to be epic!🙂
What is the point of a “single engine” TEDBF? Isn’t LCA MK-II the same Thing?

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
What is the point of a “single engine” TEDBF? Isn’t LCA MK-II the same Thing?
Coz IAF isn’t interested in Orca as it will arrive at the same time as of AMCA another twin engine but a single engine variant with weapons bay they would love to have that kinda -5th gen or 5gen single engine fighter.

common components to manufacture TEBDF will make both of them cost effective aswell. Not to mention TEDBF mk2 is also buzzy with internal weapons bay!

Mk2 feels more like a stop gap not much innovation.Hate that design since I saw TEDBF Design.

USA is also working on something similar to replace its f16.

You say which design appeals to you personally!

abingdonboy

Country flag
Coz IAF isn’t interested in Orca as it will arrive at the same time as of AMCA another twin engine but a single engine variant with weapons bay they would love to have that kinda -5th gen or 5gen single engine fighter.

common components to manufacture TEBDF will make both of them cost effective aswell. Not to mention TEDBF mk2 is also buzzy with internal weapons bay!

Mk2 feels more like a stop gap not much innovation.Hate that design since I saw TEDBF Design.

USA is also working on something similar to replace its f16.

You say which design appeals to you personally!
Effectively though a single engined TEDBF= LCA Mk.2, the design may be a bit different but in raw performance and role it is almost identical so it's almost impossible to make a case for a single engined ORCA when LCA MK.2 is a thing

ORCA I think has a 50/50 chance of becoming a thing, they just need to cancel their mad idea of MMRCA 2.0/MRFA. Order 36 more Rafales and then look at ORCA. As it stands TEDBF is going to be almost identical to the Rafale in performance

Marliii

Country flag
&

Pakis will add 100+ fighters yeah that is joke of the decade man their only viable planes are their f16 that 50+ in no and are nearly 30 to 40 years old.then some block 1 (which almost as good as useless) block2 and block3 jf17 and according to me jf17 are less than 200 in no.pakis have to replace j7 which is just mig21 by china some mirages 3 and 5 that are nearly older than our mig21 so they have to replace atleat 250+ fighters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles