TEDBF or ORCA Updates

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

TEDBF latest Specifications...😍😍
i was wondering if such a payload configuration could be done on TEDBF when it comes out of course, two more central fuselage pylons at rear side thus giving it ability to carry 4x Aakash BVRAAM (assuming it is that one) and two more next to them; basically four pylons for missiles on central fuselage line similar to Rafale and Eurofighter
TEDBF Specs Sheet 2023 Dubai AirShow_Cropped_final.jpg

of course it's too early to think about it and since it's a dedicated naval carrier borne jet there are limits and all - but i was just wondering since we're going to put powerful F414 x 2 on them so maybe there's a chance for thing like this ?

kamaal

Country flag
In the world where labs are developing 5th gen jets, ADA is going after a 4th gen design. No internal weapons bay or hiding of weapons. It'll have to compete against J31 and even F35s. The engine with 130kn will add some value to its capabilities, I hope the engine deal materializes.

kurup

Country flag
i was wondering if such a payload configuration could be done on TEDBF when it comes out of course, two more central fuselage pylons at rear side thus giving it ability to carry 4x Aakash BVRAAM (assuming it is that one) and two more next to them; basically four pylons for missiles on central fuselage line similar to Rafale and Eurofighter
View attachment 229203
of course it's too early to think about it and since it's a dedicated naval carrier borne jet there are limits and all - but i was just wondering since we're going to put powerful F414 x 2 on them so maybe there's a chance for thing like this ?
Pylons on rear centerline may be impossible due to landing gear position.

swapcv

Country flag
Nice render, but that radome though. Kinda small. Gonna be limited like Rafale which is not optimal.

Azaad

Country flag
I wish they officially re-name TEDBF project as ORCA. It so fucking fits the whole project.

View attachment 229308
ORCA was conceived by HAL to kill the MRFA project. IAF has been resistant to collaborating with IN on FAs for long which is why they turned down a joint project on AMCA where the INs proposal was for development of a NAMCA from which the IAF version would flow. IAF shot it down .

IN also wanted IAFs participation in TEDBF for a IAF version to cut down developmental & mfg costs & used HAL to further the issue with IAF. This also neatly dovetailed with HALs undercutting the MRFA project. The IAF rejected ORCA as well. The proposal for ORCA lies dead & buried.

In the light of the above I wonder what purpose does continued speculation about ORCA fulfill.

MirageBlue

Country flag
Nice render, but that radome though. Kinda small. Gonna be limited like Rafale which is not optimal.
His render isn't accurate. The radome as seen on the ADA renderings is larger. I'm pretty certain the TEDBF's radome will be significantly larger than that of the Rafale.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles