Technical&Gadget Help

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Technical & Gadget Help

Hi Guys,

I thought i start this thread to help each other out if we have some hard ware or software trouble. We can share our knowledge to trouble shoot our problems.

I have a problem regarding my WiFi, Yesterday i got a new modem and it connected well but suddenly today the Laptop is not detecting it. My other Laptop is detecting it but two other computers are not detecting it, anyone know why such a thing can happen?

I have turned on the WiFi connect etc., but yet its not detecting!

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Are you trying to connect to the wifi modem through a cable or wirelessly? also was it provided by your ISP ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Check/update wifi drivers in laptops its not working.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Sorry, guys i thought i replied to this thread but i guess my post did not enter!

I fixed the problem, some time modems dont appear and all you need to do is off it and restart the modem and works well!! :p

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I have another question though, is there anyway to password protect your External Hard Disk?

Any simple password protect software out there?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Last edited by a moderator:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Excellent article ! (well this section seemed relevant...somewhat)

Hack Attack: Turn your $60 router into a $600 router

Throttling your bandwidth by program

While most routers treat one request for bandwidth the same as any other, your new $600 router is a step above. By setting up QoS (Quality of Service) rules, you can give priority to your interactive traffic (like VoIP, web browsing, or gaming) while throttling traffic that doesn't require a steady rate of bandwidth to function (like P2P programs).

Doing so will ensure that even if your network gets clogged with lots of file sharing, you'll still have enough bandwidth left over to make all of your free SkypeOut phone calls. If you've got roommates who tend to sponge up a lot of bandwidth, you can even prioritize by IP address.
Full article:http://lifehacker.com/178132/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-into-a-600-router

Insanely useful. If you're pissed off with Bit-torrent hogging all the bandwidth (and too lazy to fidget with the throttle settings all the time), this is a brilliant solution !

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles