Tata Aerospace C 295

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Yet another no-to-HAL decision. Let them just focus on Tejas and deliver them on time. And get Tejas to higher standards. HAL Dhruv’s are at serious risk from the TATA-Sikorsky venture - it won’t take that long for them to make a Dhruv equivalent. PSUs are facing the heat and competition is what will wake these people up. Good move by the government.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I just dream one day a similar production line for A400M will be made here, this gets you 2 benefits, your private companies gain experience, your investment goes back to your economy on a larger scale, your local aerospace industry grows and expands and the foreign partner gets business and becomes more committed towards the client, we in future might see a major investment from Airbus as India’s aviation market is huge.

Kartooz

Country flag
I just dream one day a similar production line for A400M will be made here, this gets you 2 benefits, your private companies gain experience, your investment goes back to your economy on a larger scale, your local aerospace industry grows and expands and the foreign partner gets business and becomes more committed towards the client, we in future might see a major investment from Airbus as India’s aviation market is huge.
Dream on. You'll see the production of an A320 much before you ever see the production of A400M in India. And you might never see the production of an A320 in India. India is just not there yet as far as I have read when it comes to manufacturing.

johnj

a400m is a very expensive choice.

johnj

Dream on. You'll see the production of an A320 much before you ever see the production of A400M in India. And you might never see the production of an A320 in India. India is just not there yet as far as I have read when it comes to manufacturing.
also airbus not interested in assembling their civilian big crafts in india.

Spitfire9

Country flag
also airbus not interested in assembling their civilian big crafts in india.
Why not? They set up an A320 assembly plant in China - as far as I know a clone of another in Europe.
The first Tianjin-assembled A320 Family aircraft was delivered in 2009. Since then, the production output has increased, reaching a forecasted rate of six single-aisle jetliners monthly by the end of 2019. This production increase is associated with consistent, predictable performance, supporting on-time and on-quality manufacturing and deliveries.

OK, it in a free trade zone which may offer advantages but India could do something along those lines that if desired.

For C295, it is great news that a normal company is going to be producing it. Grounds for great optimism. Time will tell just how well Tata do the job.

johnj

Why not? They set up an A320 assembly plant in China - as far as I know a clone of another in Europe.

OK, it in a free trade zone which may offer advantages but India could do something along those lines that if desired.

For C295, it is great news that a normal company is going to be producing it. Grounds for great optimism. Time will tell just how well Tata do the job.
thank for your replay, the thing is, after that[your reports], airbus said, theyre not interested[not possible] in setting up assembling plants in countries which having a large order[100 plus] to an indian newspaper[old news]. Means, airbus said no to indian plant and make in india. russia trying/tried their luck with aircraft but india not interested, but shown interest, again old news. boeing unknown. goi not shown any serious effort in private civilian aero industry. c295 deal started with 1 billion $ tag and now 2.9. and took lengthy time.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Hope we make many variants out of it like we did with dorniers.
They had also tied up with Elta of Israel and produced an electronic beast AEW platform

DRDO can make our own awacs and probably it'll look something like this, if at all it happens

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles