‘Tanks Don’t Need Visas,’ Putin Aide Tells West

Rashna

Country flag
‘Tanks don’t need visas,’ Putin aide tells west

MOSCOW: An outspoken deputy prime minister in charge of Russia's defence sector has dismissed western concerns over Moscow's increased assertiveness in the Arctic by saying that "tanks don't need visas".

President Vladimir Putin's associate Dmitry Rogozin, who oversees the defence industry, is known for his hawkish remarks and enjoys rattling western officials.

"I've always joked about it ... so what if they won't give us visas, put us on sanctions list ... tanks don't need visas," Rogozin said on state TV late Sunday, after the host asked him whether Europe and the United States are concerned about Russia's presence in the Arctic.

Russia recently conducted huge military exercises in its Arctic north as it seeks to bolster its claims over the vast energy and mineral resources now increasingly accessible due to the receding ice caps.

Rogozin is known for inflammatory tweets about the west, writing at the weekend that it will "fall under the weight of Islamic State and gays" rather than a perceived threat from Russia.

A Russian Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bomber flies over Red Square during the Victory Day military parade in Moscow on May 9, 2015. (AFP photo)

The deputy prime minister formerly served as an envoy to Nato and once founded a nationalist party. He is on the sanctions list of both the US treasury and the European Union following the annexation of Crimea in March 2014.

After being put on the blacklist last year he boasted that Russia's defence sector has "many other ways of travelling the world besides tourist visas."

Last May his plane was prevented from flying over EU member Romania, after which he wrote: "Next time I will fly in a Tu-160" bomber, provoking protest from the Romanian foreign ministry who called it a "serious threat".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...utin-aide-tells-west/articleshow/47432455.cms

This seems to be the reason why Finland is worried...........................

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
It's clearly a joke.

Anyway I like this Rogozin guy, some of his tweets are intended to be funny. :D

Can't help if Westerners don't know how to take a joke.

His new year greetings to NATO, a few years back.

Congratulation to friends from NATO. Happy New year.

jouni

‘Tanks don’t need visas,’ Putin aide tells west

MOSCOW: An outspoken deputy prime minister in charge of Russia's defence sector has dismissed western concerns over Moscow's increased assertiveness in the Arctic by saying that "tanks don't need visas".

President Vladimir Putin's associate Dmitry Rogozin, who oversees the defence industry, is known for his hawkish remarks and enjoys rattling western officials.

"I've always joked about it ... so what if they won't give us visas, put us on sanctions list ... tanks don't need visas," Rogozin said on state TV late Sunday, after the host asked him whether Europe and the United States are concerned about Russia's presence in the Arctic.

Russia recently conducted huge military exercises in its Arctic north as it seeks to bolster its claims over the vast energy and mineral resources now increasingly accessible due to the receding ice caps.

Rogozin is known for inflammatory tweets about the west, writing at the weekend that it will "fall under the weight of Islamic State and gays" rather than a perceived threat from Russia.

A Russian Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bomber flies over Red Square during the Victory Day military parade in Moscow on May 9, 2015. (AFP photo)

The deputy prime minister formerly served as an envoy to Nato and once founded a nationalist party. He is on the sanctions list of both the US treasury and the European Union following the annexation of Crimea in March 2014.

After being put on the blacklist last year he boasted that Russia's defence sector has "many other ways of travelling the world besides tourist visas."

Last May his plane was prevented from flying over EU member Romania, after which he wrote: "Next time I will fly in a Tu-160" bomber, provoking protest from the Romanian foreign ministry who called it a "serious threat".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...utin-aide-tells-west/articleshow/47432455.cms

This seems to be the reason why Finland is worried...........................
Childish talk. This is the reason why Russia never achieved true and lasting status or level of a great power: it is not meritocracy.

In twenty years time globally will be three superpowers: EU, US and China. All of whom are meritocracies. Two regional powers: Japan and India. Russia, Brazil etc will remain third level powers.

Too bad that Russia do not see what it is. I met today a japanese delegation in Finland and was reminded why Japan is one of the most prosperous and stable countries in the world.

Rashna

Country flag
Have you forgotten the burgeoning friendship between Russia and China? It works in their favor to be against the US and its allies. So much of belligerence coming from Russia is not in a complete vacuum... Russia isn't as isolated as is portrayed .... even so i hope for your sake that this is just brazenness and nothing more coming from the Russians.

Childish talk. This is the reason why Russia never achieved true and lasting status or level of a great power: it is not meritocracy.

In twenty years time globally will be three superpowers: EU, US and China. All of whom are meritocracies. Two regional powers: Japan and India. Russia, Brazil etc will remain third level powers.

Too bad that Russia do not see what it is. I met today a japanese delegation in Finland and was reminded why Japan is one of the most prosperous and stable countries in the world.

jouni

Have you forgotten the burgeoning friendship between Russia and China? It works in their favor to be against the US and its allies. So much of belligerence coming from Russia is not in a complete vacuum... Russia isn't as isolated as is portrayed .... even so i hope for your sake that this is just brazenness and nothing more coming from the Russians.
This week was announced that Norway surpassed Russia as a biggest supplier of oil and gas to western Europe. China will give Russia a cold hug, after which they remember how good partner EU was...

Of course then it is too late for Russia, but Putin & co do not mind: they have plundered enough and find some safe haven somewhere, maybe in India. Russian people are left to collect the check, like always.

Rashna

Country flag
Russians are used to hardship, must be the old communist ways..... they can outlast others,,,, They issued a nuclear threat to Denmark and most EU countries around Russia are back in Cold War Mode. This is a good read on the threat perception for Norway.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/02/w...ts-norways-air-defenses-into-action.html?_r=0

This week was announced that Norway surpassed Russia as a biggest supplier of oil and gas to western Europe. China will give Russia a cold hug, after which they remember how good partner EU was...

Of course then it is too late for Russia, but Putin & co do not mind: they have plundered enough and find some safe haven somewhere, maybe in India. Russian people are left to collect the check, like always.

jouni

I am not familiar with India Pakistan conflicts, do you use rhetoric of threating with nuclear weapons? Or are they just deterrence? Does Indian defence minister send postcards to pakistan where he poses by a nuclear missile? Maybe showing the middle finger while doing it?

jouni

jouni

Russians are used to hardship, must be the old communist ways..... they can outlast others,,,, They issued a nuclear threat to Denmark and most EU countries around Russia are back in Cold War Mode. This is a good read on the threat perception for Norway.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/02/w...ts-norways-air-defenses-into-action.html?_r=0
Interesting article from Norway, we and norway have totally different attitude to Russia: we are pretty calm, they prepare openly and see all kinds of threats. Norway was occupied in few weeks by Germans, now they are armed to the teeth, NATO member and alert. Obviously they do not want to be surprised by their pants down again. We on the other hand fought five long years alone, and are mentally ready to do the same again. Interesting difference in mentality.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I am not familiar with India Pakistan conflicts, do you use rhetoric of threating with nuclear weapons? Or are they just deterrence? Does Indian defence minister send postcards to pakistan where he poses by a nuclear missile? Maybe showing the middle finger while doing it?
That happens usually from the pakistani side.... if you have time I would like you to watch atleast the first halfs of these two videos In the order I post them
This is pakistani Strategic forces head (ex)
Watch the first 17 mins minimum and the Q&A is entertaining
Now the Indian Strategic command head
^^^^
This video is really nice ... listen to India's detailed nuclear doctrine ... very logically built and explained...I am sure it would be hard for you to stop mid way.

jouni

That happens usually from the pakistani side.... if you have time I would like you to watch atleast the first halfs of these two videos In the order I post them
This is pakistani Strategic forces head (ex)
Watch the first 17 mins minimum and the Q&A is entertaining
Now the Indian Strategic command head
^^^^
This video is really nice ... listen to India's detailed nuclear doctrine ... very logically built and explained...I am sure it would be hard for you to stop mid way.
I watched the first one, will watch the other later

jouni

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opini...ditch-illusions-for-bright-future/522300.html

"Classic" successful authoritarian regimes include those of modern China, Singapore under former leader Lee Kuan Yew, Chile under former dictator Augusto Pinochet, South Korea under its first presidents, as well as Mexico and Taiwan.

They are the exceptions. The overwhelming majority have failed because authoritarian regimes are generally corrupt and unstable, create stagnant economies, force the people to live in poverty while the ruling elite bask in luxury and eschew all meaningful attempts at modernization.

There are dozens of them in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Classic examples of unsuccessful authoritarian regimes are found in Nigeria, Angola, Cuba, Myanmar, Zimbabwe and the former Soviet republics of Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Belarus and, unfortunately to an ever greater degree, Russia.

In recent years, Russia has increasingly moved away from rationality and pragmatism and toward the world of illusions and chimeras. In place of rational arguments, government officials — most of whom grew up as atheists — now frequently speak of sacred territory, a nebulous "Russian world," blasphemy and sacred objects, divine providence, a special Russian civilization, the sanctity of military victory and so forth.

With the help of a concerted and full-scale propaganda campaign, leaders have resurrected past national myths — the chimerical and persistent mental constructs of Russia's mass consciousness. They include the alleged need for an autocratic personal savior of the Russian people, the superiority of Russian civilization and the subsequent need for isolation from the modern world and the rejection of modernization. After all, if Russia is already better than everyone else, why change anything?

This is what is happening in Russia now, to all Indians who idolize Russia nowadays: all I can say is that you are pretty stupid or hopefully just misguided air heads...

Last edited:

Rashna

Country flag
I hope you don't have to, war isn't good for any country least of all with an erstwhile power.
Nato's involvement would turn this in to a bigger conflict so hope the push doesn't come to the shove.
Interesting article from Norway, we and norway have totally different attitude to Russia: we are pretty calm, they prepare openly and see all kinds of threats. Norway was occupied in few weeks by Germans, now they are armed to the teeth, NATO member and alert. Obviously they do not want to be surprised by their pants down again. We on the other hand fought five long years alone, and are mentally ready to do the same again. Interesting difference in mentality.

Rashna

Country flag
The truth is the truth comdrade.................. lol
LOL that is like defending the concentration camps by saying that "inmates in Auschwitch are used to hard conditions"!

Rashna

Country flag
We don't issue nuclear threats to anyone because we have the No first use clause in force..Our rhetoric is more like we gonna get you some day.... so don't mess with us and don't send terrorists in to our territory..:biggrin2:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Seeing that Putin is the president of Russia, and Obama of USA and Cameron of UK, I would say Russia follows meritocracy when other 2 I mentioned don't.

Childish talk. EU can hardly can see in the same direction given so much conflicting interests among the member nations, it would hardly be able to assert itself in 20 years in global arena, even if it doesn't implode by then. US may stay on given how their economy desperately needs it to stay 'militarily' superpower to keep the dollar floating, and China is a good possibility. Russia will remain 3rd level power in every westerners dream only.

Khagesh

What is true and lasting?

About status the less said the better. The 3 superpowers of next 20 years are all going to remain outside the Russian borders and that should be enough for Russia.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles