Taliban in the Antarctic

Sailor

Fortunately there are no Taliban in the Antarctic yet. It is too cold to be running around dressed in 700 AD outfits.

But these pictures show an amazing side of nature. It has been so cold there in recent years that water freezes the moment it hits the atmosphere.

The water froze the instant the waves broke through the ice.
That's what it is like in Antarctica where it is the coldest weather in decades. Water freezes the instant it comes in contact with the air. The temperature of the water is already some degrees below freezing.
And remember this is salt water too.

So much for global warming.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
One of the places I have always wanted to go that is for sure, must see if I can find the time (and the money) in the next few years before I have kids. (I have been trying to enjoy as many of the things you can only really do without children since I married, while I have the time, money and don't have them to worry about).

I mean my holidays are going to have to change big time when I get a few sprogs, become much more sedate.

johnee

^^The pictures are beautiful but why would anyone want to go there? :eek:
I would prefer to go to Himalayas. Peaceful, beautiful, holy, and near.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
^^The pictures are beautiful but why would anyone want to go there? :eek:
I would prefer to go to Himalayas. Peaceful, beautiful, holy, and near.
Interesting wildlife, brilliant scenery, very different to what most other people do.... depending on what you do it could be a large challenge. What more do you want?

The Himalayas are brilliant though, went trekking Nepal a few years back. I would go back in a heartbeat, absolutely the nicest place I have yet had the pleasure to visit. New Zealand comes close but it can't beat it.
Going back is one things I am saving for when I have kids (when they are teenagerish), it would cost a fortune but its something I think they would have to experience. Screw a Uni fund they're getting a Nepal (or Bhutan if that becomes easier, well cheaper) fund.

I am going to get up to my eyeballs in debt I reckon, but hell. You only live once, why not do all you can.

NikSha

Great shots, thanks for posting these (can use as a wallpaper).

Sailor

Typical. Sailor does all the work posting, using laborious software to add all the pics and spends ages setting it out and the brainy guy gets two THANKS.

Shiny Capstar

Professional
Typical. Sailor does all the work posting, using laborious software to add all the pics and spends ages setting it out and the brainy guy gets two THANKS.
Life's brilliant isn't it:D

Thanks for the complement by the way.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Interesting wildlife, brilliant scenery, very different to what most other people do.... depending on what you do it could be a large challenge. What more do you want?

The Himalayas are brilliant though, went trekking Nepal a few years back. I would go back in a heartbeat, absolutely the nicest place I have yet had the pleasure to visit. New Zealand comes close but it can't beat it.
Going back is one things I am saving for when I have kids (when they are teenagerish), it would cost a fortune but its something I think they would have to experience. Screw a Uni fund they're getting a Nepal (or Bhutan if that becomes easier, well cheaper) fund.

I am going to get up to my eyeballs in debt I reckon, but hell. You only live once, why not do all you can.
Well said. Thats what I told myself the first time I tried a breezer. :D
I would love to go there too though.. Polar bears, Orcas, Penguins, Seals... what more can one ask for !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles