Taking care of eyesight - the American and Indian way

Hijibiji

Country flag
It's a well-known thing that issues with eyesight have increased and increased in last 20-30-40 years in India. In our grandfather's generations, more people lived in villages and people did NOT have to study HARD to get a desk job BUT as time passed, living-in-cities became more common with less health. Of course after that computers came, mobile phones came and NOW even 2 years old kids are watching "Wheels of the bus go round and round" on smart phones.

Naturally issues related to eyesight are very common among city dwellers and it's a big business. Every doctor in the normal regular hospital will prescribe the highest power possible (power of lenses) to a kid and the power will NEVER decrease AND mostly only increase as the kid grows up.

This is detrimental to the health of the Nation!

However Dr William Bates had very different ideas on how to scientifically take care of eyes and maintain a good eyesight. Since it is totally scientific and rational, I am putting this thread under science and technology. Dr Bates showed us a way how NOT to burden a kid with spectacles and how to restore eyesight to a great extent (if not fully). These scientific techniques were further adopted and developed at the Rishi Aurobindo Ashram of Pondicherry, India by Dr R S Agarwal. And the work continued from there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bates_(physician)

There is School for Perfect Eyesight in Rishi Aurobindo's ashram for people who want to explore.
https://eyecare.sriaurobindoashram.org/resources/School_For_Perfect_Eyesight.pdf

It's free of cost (as far as I know) BUT waiting period will be there, if anyone wants to take appointment. Not everyone is accepted though, there are restrictions wrt age (ie age limit).

There are other centres run privately by people who practise Bates' methods in different places of India, however they are NOT publicized much.
I am putting this thread to generate awareness on these not-advertised not-publicized not-commercialized methods just in case somebody could be interested and could explore if these methods could be indeed helpful.

Hijibiji

Country flag
I personally did NOT attend any eyesight related program at School for Perfect Eyesight (Rishi Aurobindo Ashram) since there was a waiting period; and as it happened, i got to experience some of these methods in private center in Pondicherry. My intention is NOT to advertise anything here BUT if anyone is NOT satisfied with modern mainstream standard of putting a pair of spectacles on every kids' noses AND would like to explore more, please feel free to send a private message. I can share the website of someone who practises this in Pondicherry.

EmalioWhilmenow

Country flag
Нow do you look at what would add generic spyware applications that work on the principle of Bluetooth and allow you to monitor the location of problematic objects?
As far as I know, this is very popular around developers now.

Hijibiji

Country flag
Нow do you look at what would add generic spyware applications that work on the principle of Bluetooth and allow you to monitor the location of problematic objects?
As far as I know, this is very popular around developers now.
Now I am afraid of hackers after seeing this post :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles