T-14 Armata

jouni

What makes @jouni different from the Russians?

The Russians praise their forefathers who won victory. @jouni praises his forefathers who lost the war with Russia. Therein lies the difference.

Is he tired? No. He never will be tired.

Last time you claimed Finland stopped 300 million strong Red Army, when Russia's entire population was less than that. I highly doubt your claims, but ramble away nonetheless.
Finland had a group, whose name was magnificently Panzer Division. This armored division was called "Marshal's fist". The division commander of the Mannerheim Cross Knight Ruben Lagus trained his units spirit and competence world-class set of - which was to be used as a whole (artillery, Jaegers, armours). Used this way, it would have been really "steel fist", despite the fact that the tanks and equipment was mainly obsolete scrap (light armored poorly equipped and too weak cannon). even light tanks would certainly have been successfully used for many purposes IF there would also have been sufficient amount of modern heavy tanks.

Finland tried to buy from Germany Russian T-34 (Duck) battle tanks 200 pieces of war trophy tanks, but the Germans refused to sell them to Finland. If you would have been even 100 t-34 outlet for the spring of 1944, the Russians would have been in a tight spot with the major attacks. Finland had a heavy battle tanks, unfortunately, only about one Klim Voroshilov, a couple of old "Mail Trains" (T-28) and the operating condition, taken from January to February one war trophy T-34 for Tali-Ihantala major fighting at the time.

Even now, these minor T-34s "made miracles". For example, 25.6. their counterattack at Portinhoikassa one Sotka commander / gunner Sergeant Reino Lehväslaiho and promoter of the Mannerheim Cross Knight of Staff Sergeant Lauri Heino destroyed 7 enemy tanks, 5 of which were 30-ton T-34 (Duck) and two 43 tonnes with an assault cannon SU-152. [lii]

Of course, we must not forget bought in Germany Stu 40 "Sturm" (24 tons, 75 mm cannon), but the assault gun is not a battle tank (the cannon is directed by turning the whole wagon sideways). With them were destroyed of course, significant amounts of enemy tanks. As part of the Armoured Division was the assault gun battalion, which was 23 assault guns. The battalion's training was still in progress when the offensive started on 06.09.1944. That topic can find good information about Finnish soldier's number 3/2004 - also on the internet: http://www.suomensotilas.fi/naytenumero/Sturm.pdf

25.6.-26.6. Assault tank battallion made a counter-attack from the gate to the stretched direction at the junction Leitimo lake. As it advances Battalion destroyed number of enemys tanks. The enemy counter-attack was defeated and 26.6. morning Sturms destroyed twenty enemy tanks. [liii] A total of Sturms officially destroyed 87 enemy tanks with eight of their own losses. [liv] The most successful leader of an assault cannon was Börje Brotell whose account is officially 11 Russian tanks. Tali-Ihantala Brotell destroyed eight enemy tanks. [Lv]

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/juhani.putkinen/T_I_torjuntavoitto.htm

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I guess you have never heard the phrase "figure of speech"? "the guy who jumped me was the size of a house "
The Russians attacked finish through a mountain pass since they did not have any other access to finland. In that battle the finish lost about 48000 to 60000 soldiers whereas Russians lost 1,28,000 soldiers.

If you read history, every battle fought at a pass when you are in a defensive position, you win or get better odds. Take for example the fictional story of "300" derived/inspired from "Battle of Pawan Khind" wherein 300 marathas killed thousands of Mughals. Same happened there in finland. But eventually the finish lost due to lack of ammunitions.

jouni

The Russians attacked finish through a mountain pass since they did not have any other access to finland. In that battle the finish lost about 48000 to 60000 soldiers whereas Russians lost 1,28,000 soldiers.

If you read history, every battle fought at a pass when you are in a defensive position, you win or get better odds. Take for example the fictional story of "300" derived/inspired from "Battle of Pawan Khind" wherein 300 marathas killed thousands of Mughals. Same happened there in finland. But eventually the finish lost due to lack of ammunitions.
Yeah, sure...you're knowledge on Winter War is in the same level as my knowledge of Mumbai district heating systems...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Yeah, sure...you're knowledge on Winter War is in the same level as my knowledge of Mumbai district heating systems...

Read the critically acclaimed novel "Inferno: World at War" by Max Hastings if you don't believe me.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

Kshatriya87

Country flag

And it's not the winter war I'm talking about. It's the battle preceding the winter war. I don't have the book on me now as I'm working in Iraq right now. But I'll check and let you know once I'm back home.

jouni

And it's not the winter war I'm talking about. It's the battle preceding the winter war. I don't have the book on me now as I'm working in Iraq right now. But I'll check and let you know once I'm back home.

Battle preciding winter war? LMAO...what battle might that be? Do not embarrass yourself more, please.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Battle preciding winter war? LMAO...what battle might that be? Do not embarrass yourself more, please.
It's a pity how you don't know about your own country's battles. Anyways, like I said I will get back to you with precise information.

jouni

Finnish defense forces have acknowledged the superior capabilities of Armata and produced our own version of next generation battle tank, both light and heavy versions.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Finnish defense forces have acknowledged the superior capabilities of Armata and produced our own version of next generation battle tank, both light and heavy versions.

Why are the barrels so small? What is ammunition size?

jouni

Why are the barrels so small? What is ammunition size?

35mm, 9 rounds per second per barrel, 1400 m/s sabot for anti armour....1080 rounds per minute....max range four km.

Cadian

I see an upgraded BMP-1 and a Leo2A4 Marksman. Or that was just Finnish Humor?

jouni

I see an upgraded BMP-1 and a Leo2A4 Marksman. Or that was just Finnish Humor?
Those next gen systems are based on bmp and leo, but are completely modernized regarding stealth, fire control and night vision. Also possibilty to upgrade to unmanned versions was considered, but it was found out to be too expensive to implement. Both have better crew protection with layout of engine first possible up to speeds of 15 km per hour.

Cadian

Those next gen systems are based on bmp and leo, but are completely modernized regarding stealth, fire control and night vision. Also possibilty to upgrade to unmanned versions was considered, but it was found out to be too expensive to implement. Both have better crew protection with layout of engine first possible up to speeds of 15 km per hour.
These all are good, but I should admit, this a a wrong thread.

Bahamut

Any news on the unnamed variant of the tank ? Can we expect a lighter air drop capable variant for VDV ,can be a real game changer in airborne troops .

Bahamut

Any news on the unnamed variant of the tank ? Can we expect a lighter air drop capable variant for VDV ,can be a real game changer in airborne troops .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles