T-14 Armata

jouni

That's a German counterpart/response to soviet-era tanks and it costs about ~7mln. On the other hand, used tanks cost less but it seems that non of epic Finn pride got hurt when parading foreign equipment.

@Akim, I have serious doubts about it. There is no way that our military can produce an advanced vehicle. Design yes, but production is way out of league. No factory is either operating, nor it has capacity to produce equipment. Military is in sorry state as well courtesy of NATO buddies and theiving privatization conducted by puppet governments.

Military institute had lots of ground breaking projects but this one is more likely a fan made concept.

Even if it was not, it uses inferior ammo and gun compared to T-14 since 2a82 has claimed at least 30% increased efficiency over previous generation (2a62 m5) due to new ammo. That's not even counting planed modernization of "armata" platform such as modular armor and ability to mount 2a83 152mm.
We parade proudly what we want. Those tanks are paid with hard cash, 200 M€ for 100 of them. We are quite proud of our armoured brigades 250 Leo 2s are quite a force. Especially compared to our war time tank division where the core were war trophy t-34s and Klims, together with german jagdpanzer IIIs.

I am sure that after Serbia joins EU, your military industry will start to recover, together with other fields.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
We are quite proud of our armoured brigades 250 Leo 2s are quite a force.
This is 3 times less than the uncontrolled territories of Donbass. Yugoslavia in the non-aligned status, had a very good military industry. I doubt that in the EU it will develop armored vehicles. Where a new Polish tank? Why would a country that does not have the extra money and militaristic ambitions to develop these sectors? The composition of the Ukroboronprom log 134 of the enterprise. Before the war he worked only 25%. The rest were either canned, or were in liquidation.The Serbs are very small export market of armored vehicles. The country of this tank is not needed.

jouni

This is 3 times less than the uncontrolled territories of Donbass. Yugoslavia in the non-aligned status, had a very good military industry. I doubt that in the EU it will develop armored vehicles. Where a new Polish tank? Why would a country that does not have the extra money and militaristic ambitions to develop these sectors? The composition of the Ukroboronprom log 134 of the enterprise. Before the war he worked only 25%. The rest were either canned, or were in liquidation.The Serbs are very small export market of armored vehicles. The country of this tank is not needed.
We are not a tank country like Ukraine. Our country is full of lakes, forests and swamps. In north of Finland 500 km of border with Russia and only three roads...

250 Leo 2s is enough and remember that Germans designed one Leo to take at least three Russian tanks.

Regarding Serbia, I hope they develop their economy and become part of EU. Maybe some military industry firms can invest in serbia and such.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
01. 250 Leo 2s is enough and remember that Germans designed one Leo to take at least three Russian tanks.

02. Regarding Serbia, I hope they develop their economy and become part of EU. Maybe some military industry firms can invest in serbia and such.

01. Haha? It's just a theory.
02. Serbian military industry does not need the EU. The EU is a peace organization. Look at Croatia. The country does not rely on its military industry.

jouni

01. Haha? It's just a theory.
02. Serbian military industry does not need the EU. The EU is a peace organization. Look at Croatia. The country does not rely on its military industry.
Yeah it is just a theory, in our army for one Leo 2 battle group there are three BMP 2s or CV9030s with thirty men and twelve NLAWs. They all work together as a team. What do you think they can do? The real number is that for one Leo2 lost they can take 6 to 8 Russian tanks. We are not Ukraine, our battles are fought with visibility of 100m.

For example in Tali-ihantala battle in 1944, we destroyed 40 Russian tanks and lost only two of our own tanks. I trust that our todays force can do the same if needed.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
so tell me what is
That's a German counterpart/response to soviet-era tanks and it costs about ~7mln. On the other hand, used tanks cost less but it seems that non of epic Finn pride got hurt when parading foreign equipment.

@Akim, I have serious doubts about it. There is no way that our military can produce an advanced vehicle. Design yes, but production is way out of league. No factory is either operating, nor it has capacity to produce equipment. Military is in sorry state as well courtesy of NATO buddies and theiving privatization conducted by puppet governments.

Military institute had lots of ground breaking projects but this one is more likely a fan made concept.

Even if it was not, it uses inferior ammo and gun compared to T-14 since 2a82 has claimed at least 30% increased efficiency over previous generation (2a62 m5) due to new ammo. That's not even counting planed modernization of "armata" platform such as modular armor and ability to mount 2a83 152mm.
So please tell me what is the lesson for India

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yeah it is just a theory, in our army for one Leo 2 battle group there are three BMP 2s or CV9030s with thirty men and twelve NLAWs. They all work together as a team. What do you think they can do? The real number is that for one Leo2 lost they can take 6 to 8 Russian tanks. We are not Ukraine, our battles are fought with visibility of 100m.

For example in Tali-ihantala battle in 1944, we destroyed 40 Russian tanks and lost only two of our own tanks. I trust that our todays force can do the same if needed.
I repeat - this is all theory. I wish to never practice. When I was a study, we studied the experience of the Yugoslav and Chechen wars. Is constantly developing tactics. Don't need boasts of what it once was. In Russian it is called: ЗАКИДАЕМ ШАПКАМИ. (Showered with caps). The Serbs extensive experience of the use of tanks in modern combat, but the T-14 and its analogues are not needed. Tanks T-90 and M-84 not without a large supply of modernization.The Kremlin wanted to scare and boast a new tank, but failed.

jouni

I repeat - this is all theory. I wish to never practice. When I was a study, we studied the experience of the Yugoslav and Chechen wars. Is constantly developing tactics. Don't need boasts of what it once was. In Russian it is called: ЗАКИДАЕМ ШАПКАМИ. (Showered with caps). The Serbs extensive experience of the use of tanks in modern combat, but the T-14 and its analogues are not needed. Tanks T-90 and M-84 not without a large supply of modernization.The Kremlin wanted to scare and boast a new tank, but failed.
I also wish it never needed. I am not boasting, just saying what happened. In Finland we have great respect for Russian Army. But we have also for last hundred years prepared against one enemy only: Russia. Ukraine was part of Soviet Union for 80 years....we are different.

sorcerer

Country flag
Russia’s Armata Tank to Sport New Heavy Mortar Upgrade
Russia is modernizing its 2S12 Sani 120 mm heavy mortar for use on new generation of tanks and armored vehicles.

© Sputnik/ Mikhail Voskresenskiy
Russian Engineers to Turn Armata Tank Fully Autonomous

The upgraded mortar will be installed on the next generations of the Armata, Kurganets and other platforms, Burevestnik Design Bureau chief, Georgy Zakamennykh, told RIA Novosti on Wednesday.

Russia’s Ground Forces are planning a 70 percent update of their armor and weapons system by 2020 and a mass-scale purchase of Armata platforms, Bumerang armored personnel carriers, Kurganets armored vehicles and Taifun combat cars is slated for next year.

“The potential of this mass-produced mortar system is far from exhausted yet, and it is now being upgraded to weigh less and ensure better protection for the crew and ammunition for placement on new-generation combat platforms,” Georgy Zakamennykh said.

The latest version of the Sani system features a 2B11 mortar mounted on a new base plate with a hinge that allows for 360 degree horizontal fire without turning the heavy support.

The Burevestnik Central Scientific Research Institute is part of the Uralvagonzavod Corporation and is a leading designer of artillery systems for the Russian ground and naval forces.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150715/1024657154.html#ixzz3fyUebeiC

Akim

Professional
Country flag
When Khrushchev to have scare the West, drove through Red square dummy IBMs.

pmaitra

When Khrushchev to have scare the West, drove through Red square dummy IBMs.
During India's Republic Day parade, the missiles displayed are also dummy, not real.

It is interesting to note that @jouni likes your message.

DummyICBM.PNG

Akim

Professional
Country flag
During India's Republic Day parade, the missiles displayed are also dummy, not real.

It is interesting to note that @jouni likes your message.

View attachment 5462
Have you seen the video of his trials? Maybe this is not a replica, but not a tank. It took 2 months from its presentation. Except for the loud statements nothing. PAK FA before the presentation of dozens of hours tested.

Vlaad

T-14 Firing video. It seems that it retained its turret shape since Victory Day showcase.

Could have sworn that it was just mock up.

so tell me what is

So please tell me what is the lesson for India
Define your question please... Lesson about what? If it's "Yrpean" values I could speak volumes ;)

jouni

T-14 Firing video. It seems that it retained its turret shape since Victory Day showcase.

Could have sworn that it was just mock up.

Define your question please... Lesson about what? If it's "Yrpean" values I could speak volumes ;)
Does not look very stable compared to Leo 2, maybe it is built according to Russia tradition of "always miss the first shot" ;)

Vlaad

Oh, hi Captain Finland! Long time no see, I missed you like you miss a point every time!

Firing from inside. Do listen how suspension "creeks" to absorb the shot. By the sound of it, it seems that indeed it has hydro-pneumatic suspension.

Next, crew capsule seems to be very isolated compared to other MBT-s. Guys basically talk normally, no need to yell compared to other tanks. I'm not including Abrams here since its gas turbine is known to be quite loud even when tank is idling. Speaking of capsule, it indeed seems to have 3 operators. In video driver is not present. commander seat is in middle, driver/mechanic is on the right and gunner on the left side.

Note that gun after recoil is not stabilized, but inside the tank, we see images from periscopes that they actually are stabilized in 1m10s of the video.

On the previous video we can see how quickly it ejects spent shell. It seems to have significantly improved fire rate over t-90/t-80. Still hard to see though since video shot is not continuous but still autoloader ejected it before dust settled.

Tv Zvezda documentary on armata will be aired on 13 this month, and all products based on armata universal platform are to be demonstrated on RAE 2015 that started on 9th this month. It is going to be interesting month for tank fans! We will surely have many defense profesionals keeping a close eye on arms expo so surely more information will be available. Sadly, as is Ruski tradition we will be left out on most interesting part of t-14 story, that is gun performance demonstration since they don't like to play all the aces. Same goes for t-15 and Kurganets-25 since most of development for AU-220M 57mm has been rather secretive and hard to track.

BTW this is 57mm AA and AP cannon in development for Kurganets-25 and t-15 heavy IFV.

pmaitra

Oh, hi Captain Finland! Long time no see, I missed you like you miss a point every time!

Firing from inside. Do listen how suspension "creeks" to absorb the shot. By the sound of it, it seems that indeed it has hydro-pneumatic suspension.

Next, crew capsule seems to be very isolated compared to other MBT-s. Guys basically talk normally, no need to yell compared to other tanks. I'm not including Abrams here since its gas turbine is known to be quite loud even when tank is idling. Speaking of capsule, it indeed seems to have 3 operators. In video driver is not present. commander seat is in middle, driver/mechanic is on the right and gunner on the left side.

Note that gun after recoil is not stabilized, but inside the tank, we see images from periscopes that they actually are stabilized in 1m10s of the video.

On the previous video we can see how quickly it ejects spent shell. It seems to have significantly improved fire rate over t-90/t-80. Still hard to see though since video shot is not continuous but still autoloader ejected it before dust settled.

Tv Zvezda documentary on armata will be aired on 13 this month, and all products based on armata universal platform are to be demonstrated on RAE 2015 that started on 9th this month. It is going to be interesting month for tank fans! We will surely have many defense profesionals keeping a close eye on arms expo so surely more information will be available. Sadly, as is Ruski tradition we will be left out on most interesting part of t-14 story, that is gun performance demonstration since they don't like to play all the aces. Same goes for t-15 and Kurganets-25 since most of development for AU-220M 57mm has been rather secretive and hard to track.

BTW this is 57mm AA and AP cannon in development for Kurganets-25 and t-15 heavy IFV.

Nice video. Looks like they fired a sabot. The target gets a tiny hole, and right at the bull's eye. Thanks for sharing.

pmaitra

:pound::pound::pound:..Nice one!!

Cool video..
Captain Finland's Palace with Captain Finland's car, the FinMobile, parked at the bottom left:
upload_2015-9-10_23-19-46.png

финляндский Вокзал, Ленинград/Санкт-Петербург

Right in front of the palace lies the statue honouring the man who created Finland, by a stroke of his pen.
upload_2015-9-10_23-30-16.png

Владимир Ленин

Last edited:

salute

that touch screen was malfunctioning at 0:18,
are those digital devices just for advertising ???
if they are such unreliable how they gonna be useful in war situation ???
maybe in war they dont rely on such digital devices.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles