Sweden and Finland to join NATO

no smoking

Country flag
IMO Ruskis are isolated and finished for all practical purposes. The economic and human losses will take decades to recoup. They are nowhere in terms of human resources or hardware tech that the Soviet Union had. Soviet Union for all its faults had a spine! WW2 was a showdown between Germany and Soviet Union with everything else being a sideshow. It was the Soviets who stopped Germany and turned the tide of the war.
Yah, Nazi Germanies had the same thought when they saw Russians' performance in the war against Finland.

At best they are a third rate nuke power and CCP's lackey!
Really?
Which second rate nuke power has over 7000 warheads, over 1000 ICBM, dozens of nuclear submarines?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Finland and Sweden will join. Swedish defenses are designed to take on a larger enemy, therefore making it expensive for Russia to hold. Similarly, Finns have a psychological advantage as they gave a more powerful USSR a bloody nose long back.

Another reason could be that Russia will find it tough to garner support. Most of the world right now remains neutral because Ukraine agreed to remain neutral and violated its own commitment in 1994. Also, it was a war imposed by the US. This one would become pure aggression if Russia responds militarily.

So, Russia won't attack them.

Ukraine's case is a whole different story

1) Zelensky violated their 28-year-old commitment to neutrality
2) It's the breadbasket of Europe
3) Cradle of Russian civilization

Blademaster

Finland and Sweden will join. Swedish defenses are designed to take on a larger enemy, therefore making it expensive for Russia to hold. Similarly, Finns have a psychological advantage as they gave a more powerful USSR a bloody nose long back.

Another reason could be that Russia will find it tough to garner support. Most of the world right now remains neutral because Ukraine agreed to remain neutral and violated its own commitment in 1994. Also, it was a war imposed by the US. This one would become pure aggression if Russia responds militarily.

So, Russia won't attack them.

Ukraine's case is a whole different story

1) Zelensky violated their 28-year-old commitment to neutrality
2) It's the breadbasket of Europe
3) Cradle of Russian civilization
Russia doesn't care because it made no difference in reality. Sweden and Finland were always going to be on the side of NATO in case of a shooting war.

Now Finland and Sweden just made themselves as nuclear targets if a shooting war breaks out between NATO and Russia. Russia will increase its nuclear stockpile to ensure that Sweden and Finland get nuked in addition to other NATO countries.

It is really not a smart move on the part of Sweden and Finland in the long run.

Angel of War

Country flag
Russia doesn't care because it made no difference in reality. Sweden and Finland were always going to be on the side of NATO in case of a shooting war.

Now Finland and Sweden just made themselves as nuclear targets if a shooting war breaks out between NATO and Russia. Russia will increase its nuclear stockpile to ensure that Sweden and Finland get nuked in addition to other NATO countries.

It is really not a smart move on the part of Sweden and Finland in the long run.
How many more nukes would they need for these two nations . Nothing much

Angel of War

Country flag
Putin failed 🤦🏾‍♂️ always knew this “special operation” was a strategic blunder
If he gets donbas we can call it a victory . But whatever happened with T72s there makes me scared when I think about our own beloved army operates 2000 of these T72s forming 50% of the entire tank force . And their T72s are better than ours

Kumaoni

If he gets donbas we can call it a victory . But whatever happened with T72s there makes me scared when I think about our own beloved army operates 2000 of these T72s forming 50% of the entire tank force . And their T72s are better than ours
Just don’t watch western propoganda too much. We used T55s in 1971. They were fine.

Angel of War

Country flag
Just don’t watch western propoganda too much. We used T55s in 1971. They were fine.
This isn't 1971 buddy . Anti Tank weaponry has evolved a lot since then . T55s were up against shermans and m48 pattons which were comparable in technology but VT4 and ZTZ 96A and ZTZ 99A are more advanced than T72M1 Ajeya . IA must either upgrade them immediately to ajeya Mk2 standards or replace them with something better .

Kumaoni

This isn't 1971 buddy . Anti Tank weaponry has evolved a lot since then . T55s were up against shermans and m48 pattons which were comparable in technology but VT4 and ZTZ 96A and ZTZ 99A are more advanced than T72M1 Ajeya . IA must either upgrade them immediately to ajeya Mk2 standards or replace them with something better .
The Amrikis will try to sell us their junk at. Ridiculous costs. This is my prediction.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Turn those into unmanned vehicles.

destructodisc

Country flag
Need indigenous arms industry ASAP, Western stuff (other than France) comes with submission requirement.
Product name: Indigenous_arms_industry_V21

Whats inside the box: 26 MRO facilities , 132 Research Labs, 6 Strategic partnership models, 42 Advanced Test beds , 6 Wind tunnels , 425 110KN engines, 1.2 Lakh skilled labour ( 5000 phds)

Delivery date : 18 May (next day delivery assured by prime membership)

Lo bhai a gai industry ASAP. Kaha deliver karani hai ASAP? UP ke leather park me lagwa dein ? khaali pada hai.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
So now Finland is officially a member of NATO. Finland joined NATO on April 4th of 2023, with this, Finland is now the 31st country to join NATO. I was searching on google news pertaining to Finland's NATO membership, and I saw many news outlets posting articles reporting that Russia is ramping up its border defence on the border with Finland. This was reported by "The Moscow Times" Russian media outlet.

When Russia invaded Ukraine (Labelled as a Special Military Operation by Russia), they had several goals in mind. These are what I can recall correctly. Russia invaded Ukraine to :
1. Demilitarise it.
2. Denazify it.
3. To stop Ukraine from joining NATO because Russia felt threatened with the idea of NATO on its borders.

On the part about Russia not wanting NATO on its border, now what will Russia do with Finland joining NATO? Geographically, Finland shares a border spanning more than 1250 kms in length. Before Finland joining NATO, we had five countries belonging to the NATO alliance who were already sharing a border with Russia, these five nations are Norway, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and Poland, now after this with Finland joining NATO, the number of NATO nations bordering Russia becomes six. What kind of response can we expect from Russia? I doubt that Russia will attack Finland cause attacking Finland will cause NATO to invoke article 5 and the situation might escalate into a war between entire NATO and Russia, I don't see how Russia would want this to happen.

Blademaster

NATO cannot invade Russia through Finland. Look at the geography of Finland and you can easily see that it would be a morass swamp pit for any NATO invasions. There's a reason why the Soviet invasion of Finland failed. It will work the other way too.

Look at Ukraine. It provides an easy route into Russia proper and therefore if Ukraine was an ally of NATO, NATO would have a viable invasion route. That is why Russia needs to go all the way to Dnieper River and take Odessa to prevent NATO from ever invading Russia. That is also why Russia will never let go of Belarussia. She will do whatever it takes to ensure a pro Russia government is in place.

Blademaster

The buffer of neutrality that existed with the Nordic countries is gone.
It never existed in the first place except on paper. In reality, they were all aligned with NATO security goals. The only reason they didn't officially join NATO was because they didn't want to become nuke targets. Now they are. If you look at it closely, you will see that Sweden and Finland are the ones who made that strategic mistake. Any sheen of neutrality is gone and Russia is free to target them as part of NATO.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles