Sukhoi Su 30MKI

IndianHawk

Country flag

This article says 50 more su30mki being negotiated with Russia.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
IMO BETTER WOULD BE IF WE TRY TO BUILD SU 30 WITH COMPOSITS AND ADVANCED ELECTRONICS.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
IMO BETTER WOULD BE IF WE TRY TO BUILD SU 30 WITH COMPOSITS AND ADVANCED ELECTRONICS.
To be honest from my personal opinion, I do think so that your idea is a good one ,maybe we should build SU-30 MKI with a mix of Titanium and Composites in it. Basically it will be a blend of Titanium and Composites is what I am trying to say here.
We can should use Composites wherever possible and it will result in a reduced Wait of The SU-30 MKI and it will become lighter and the Engines will have to burn less fuel for lesser thrust compared to When it was not having Composites in it.
Because the SU-30 MKI has become lighter so it will require a little less Thrust and automatically the Fuel Consumption will Reduce of the Aircraft and it's Range will also increase to some extent.
Also one Advantage of Composites is That they are cheaper (if I am not wrong here) in the long run to Maintain also.
With this the Aircraft engines will become more efficient and we can use Indigenous Jammer pods and EW(Electronic Warfare) or we can acquire from Russia. It will be a good decision in my opinion.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Read this Detailed post by me. We could or should Induct and put into service around 54-72 such Aircrafts (Exactly 3-4 squadrons|1 Squadron is equal to 18 Aircrafts) hope you got what I am trying to say to you. Good day

Super Flanker

Country flag
Ruski EW suite? :dude:
It's better than having nothing Buddy. It's the need of the hour. No matter whether it is imported or Domestic. Atleast we are Getting it right? that's what matters the Most from my personal perspective. Whether its an Indigenous EW(electronic Warfare suite) or Imported. Does it make a difference? No. So just chill my man

Super Flanker

Country flag

This article says 50 more su30mki being negotiated with Russia.
50 more ?I thought we were just going to Buy 12 more SU-30 MKI Aircraft from Russia.
From when did we start negotiating for 50 more?
I guess Indian airforce is doing all this to add more Squadron Strength because we Desperately need more Aircraft Squadrons.

Angel of War

Country flag
50 more ?I thought we were just going to Buy 12 more SU-30 MKI Aircraft from Russia.
From when did we start negotiating for 50 more?
I guess Indian airforce is doing all this to add more Squadron Strength because we Desperately need more Aircraft Squadrons.
forget 50 they wouldn't even order the 12 aircraft which are needed to replace attrition losses. Defence procurement is a nightmare in this country . For even buying a pen from unit fund approval is needed in the army.

Super Flanker

Country flag
As I mentioned regarding my post with Regards to the use of Composites in SU-30 MKI. We need to put more effort and Money in Metallurgical engineering and Science. We need to discover and Develop Materials which have high Tensile strength but have low weight. For example an aircraft is having its empty weight as 10 tons , than with the Extensive use of Composite ,we could make its weight to maybe 8 tons or 9 tons but regardless we will be able to make it Lighter. If we excel in Metallurgical engineering and Science than we can heat The Jackpot! Let's hope for the best and best wishes to our Scientists.

Super Flanker

Country flag
forget 50 they wouldn't even order the 12 aircraft which are needed to replace attrition losses. Defence procurement is a nightmare in this country . For even buying a pen from unit fund approval is needed in the army.
Yeah man. That's what I also wanted to say. It's the same case with most of our Defence procurements. We are also having Internal Corruption. For example The Rafales which we bought were bought in just a quantity of 36 whereas we should have bought 110+ of them. Its one of the Things which I hate about our Defence deals, they get delayed for many years and finally after few years get approvals and at times after dragging the Deals ,the Deal get cancelled. It's a sad sight to say the Least in my opinion to be Honest.

Super Flanker

Country flag
As I had mentioned use of Composites.
Let me list some of the Advantages of Use of
Composites or composite materials as a whole :
Advantages of Composite Materials
1)Design Flexibility – Thermoset Composites give designers nearly unlimited flexibility in designing shapes and forms. They be molded into the most intricate components and can be made a wide range of densities and chemical formulations to have precise performance properties.
2)Low cost per cubic inch – When comparing costs based on volume, thermoset composites have lower material costs than traditional materials such as wood, engineered thermoplastics and metals. In addition, because thermoset composites have a low petroleum-based content, they are not subjected to the price fluctuations experienced in petroleum-based products.
3)Lower material costs – Because thermoset composites can be precisely molded, there is little waste and therefore significantly lower overall material costs than metals products.
4)Improved productivity – Industrial Designers and Engineers are able to reduce assembly costs by combining several previously assembles parts into a single component. Also, inserts can be molded directly into the part during the molding process thereby eliminating the need for a post-process. In addition, composites do not usually require additional machining, thereby reducing work-in-process and time to market.
Other key advantages include:
As molded dimensional accuracy,
Tight tolerance, repeatable moldings
Low-post mold shrinkage
Chemical Resistance
Consolidated Parts and Function
Corrosion Resistance
Design Flexibility
Durable
High Flexural Modulus to Carry Demanding Loads
High Impact Strength
High Performance at Elevated Temperatures
Heat Resistance
Naturally Flame Retardant
Creep Resistance
Mechanical Property Retention
Superior Thermal Stability
Lighter Weight than Metal
Lower Costs vs. Die Cast
Low Petrochemical content
Better cost stability than commodities
Lower Cost per Cubic Inch as compared to Thermoplastics
Molded-in Color
Molded in inserts
Outstanding Electrical Insulation
Arc and Track Resistance
Ability to Quench
And many more!
Source of above Info: https://www.mar-bal.com/language/en/applications/advantages-of-composites/
But there are also some Disadvantages associated with composites. That's all I have to Say. Good day

Super Flanker

Country flag
Except the MiG-25 made its first flight before the SR-71....
Yes you are right @Neptune the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 had made its First First flight on 6th March 1964 and the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird had made its First flight on 22 December 1964. So the Two Aircrafts had made Their first maiden flight the Exact same year but SR-71 made its first flight nearly 8 months after the MIG-25 Foxbat.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles