Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
It’s never good to underestimate your enemy. The J-20 uses the Luneburg lens, that devise is especially made for aircraft like the F-22 and J-20 to be seen on radar and to masque the actual RCS. External fuel tanks have also been spotted on J-20s.

The J-20 also is “stealthy”. It follows all the basic concepts of RCS reduction. It will be extremely difficult to detect. Even a J-10 can be a real threat especially in large formations combined with AWACS. Even somewhat outdated aircraft can shoot down a much more modern aircraft if those more modern aircraft are ambushed and outnumbered.

Do Chinese aircraft have radar? Yes. Do Chinese aircraft have missiles and bombs? Yes. Then they are capable of inflicting damage.
Honestly speaking, as an Indian ,I do agree with
that idea of a Luneberg lenses Reflector with you,the Chinese are not so fool that they will make a stealth Aircraft that can be easily detected by Even a 4th generation fighter aircraft.

Another thing that may have caused the J-20's RCS to have been increased was that it had its bay doors open and hence it Resulted in an Increased RCS that day and hence it got Detected By SU 30 MKI.

Good day

Super Flanker

Country flag
I have a question.
Why did we order 12 SU 30 MKI when in Official records we have lost 11 SU 30 MKI in accidents (11th has been presumably repaired, so we lost 10 SU 30 MKI) but than why we ordered 12 SU 30 MKI? I am very confused about this ,I want the Answer to This.

LakshmanPST7

Country flag
I have a question.
Why did we order 12 SU 30 MKI when in Official records we have lost 11 SU 30 MKI in accidents (11th has been presumably repaired, so we lost 10 SU 30 MKI) but than why we ordered 12 SU 30 MKI? I am very confused about this ,I want the Answer to This.
One of them is going to be test bed...

SARTHAK

Country flag
Test bed ? Is that soo...well thank you for your information
actually they ordered 12 because there is a concept known as economic order quanitiy ,it means to minimize the cost it is necessary to make a certain quantity to optimize the cost of operating the production line ,so HAL if made 12 instead 11 it would reduce the wastage of resources on the production line and optimize cost

UnderFingy

Country flag
actually they ordered 12 because there is a concept known as economic order quanitiy ,it means to minimize the cost it is necessary to make a certain quantity to optimize the cost of operating the production line ,so HAL if made 12 instead 11 it would reduce the wastage of resources on the production line and optimize cost
EOQ applies only if the orders are recurring. If it's a one-time order, it doesn't make sense. No?
Also, it applied only to inventory, I think.

LakshmanPST7

Country flag
I have a question.
Actually there were 11 incidents... But we lost only 10 jets till date...
The additional 2 jets are test beds for Super Sukhoi upgrade as per IDRW article... I know IDRW is not a reliable website, but I also remember reading elsewhere as well...

Super Flanker

Country flag
Actually there were 11 incidents... But we lost only 10 jets till date...
The additional 2 jets are test beds for Super Sukhoi upgrade as per IDRW article... I know IDRW is not a reliable website, but I also remember reading elsewhere as well...
Thanks for the answer... Actually I knew that was the case....I just wanted to confirm it.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Actually I know that but I just wanted to confirm myself.
We ordered 12 su 30 mki because Nashik production line needs a minimum order of 12 su 30 mki,in order to do production at an economical scale.11 crashes of su 30 mki have been reported till date,let me clarify that,and not 10 as said by Wikimedia,(At times it is not a trustworthy source for all information)now this thing about Production line has something to do with MES.
main-qimg-0e37dc86df18da3134fc22b400d5f761.png

Super Flanker

Country flag
Actually I know that but I just wanted to confirm myself.
We ordered 12 su 30 mki because Nashik production line needs a minimum order of 12 su 30 mki,in order to do production at an economical scale.11 crashes of su 30 mki have been reported till date,let me clarify that,and not 10 as said by Wikimedia,(At times it is not a trustworthy source for all information)now this thing about Production line has something to do with MES.
View attachment 120881
The 11th one has been supposedly repaired and is in service,so Technically we lost 10 SU 30 MKI.

Super Flanker

Country flag

Tang

Country flag

pipebomb

Country flag
Need a scaled up derivative of uttam URGENTLY for our mkis. By waiting around for some fancy GaN radar we are creating a capability gap which will only give pla war planners wrong ideas.

Flanker has a big rcs & only a long range missile like meteor can balance tis disadvantage in near term because sfdr is still few years away from serial production. And meteor is possible only via a uttam derivative.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The Legate (@TheLegateIN) Tweeted:
Report: IAF planning to ink a deal with Russia for 12 Su-30 MKI with advanced electronic warfare (EW) capabilities next year.

Will be used in a role similar to USN's EA-18 Growlers.

Trololo

Country flag
Need a scaled up derivative of uttam URGENTLY for our mkis. By waiting around for some fancy GaN radar we are creating a capability gap which will only give pla war planners wrong ideas.

Flanker has a big rcs & only a long range missile like meteor can balance tis disadvantage in near term because sfdr is still few years away from serial production. And meteor is possible only via a uttam derivative.
Yes. GaN radar can be mounted when ready. Lets now use what we have.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles