Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Su30mki should get indian UTTAM AESA Radars if possible if not then some European radar needs to be selected as it will make it easier to integrate European or American air to air missiles like Meteor or AIM-120D but few Su30mki which carry Brahmos should have Russian or Indian Radars
And if GTRE comes with a new 110kn engine for AMCA in next 10 years then the Russian engines of Su30mki can be replaced with Indian engines too

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Your assessment is based on what, actually? How did you arrive at the figure "decades"?
Ok i will just compare radar technology aspects of SU 57 which make it inferior even to rafale on level of technology forget F 35, F 22.

Here's SU 57 radar.

• Byelka N036 AESA.
DmVOcuGUYAAy4et (2).jpeg

•Here's RBE 2 AESA.
Thales_RBE2_AESA (4).jpg

Notice the difference ?

Well N036 use slotted waveguide antenna array while on the other hand RBE 2 AESA use vivaldi(TSA) flared notch radiators.

slotted waveguide antenna are limited by there bandwidth and gain, power loads. This will directly result in there lower performance compared to RBE 2 AESA. How you may ask?
Well lower bandwidth will result in lower SAR resolution. The radar bandwidth is directly related to it's ECCMs capabilities. Greater the bandwidth ,the more complex waveform the radar can form , spreading transmission over a large frequency in order to hide it's transmission giving radar better LPI characteristics.
Jamming RBE 2 AESA will be a headache compared to say SU 57 radar.

In contested zone with heavy jamming environment, SU 57 radar will be in trouble with it's range shrunked considerably.
while radar like RBE 2 AESA of rafale operating on wide bandwidth(> 50% of center frequency ) will come on top both in range as well jamming resistance despite its tiny size.
all western radar use notch radiators. While rafale, F 35, F 22 use vivaldi(TSA) flare notch radiators , giving them very wide bandwidth. Probably allowing them to operate in whole X band.
Russia still can't build notch radiators , you can see it in there AESA design wihich either use patch, ring/loop or slotted waveguide radiating elements.
most of the high tech russian technology comes from western Europe.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
What stopped you to say Russian are century behind from the West??
Similarly, I can say the west is 30 years behind from Russia in context of S-500 missile defence. Or in maneuverability. So where Roads ends??
Joke apart, Russia has been fighting in Syria with impunity by forcing No-fly-zone unilaterally. NATO had used everything including what you have mentioned, but failed miserably.
Ok :lol:

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Su30mki should get indian UTTAM AESA Radars if possible if not then some European radar needs to be selected as it will make it easier to integrate European or American air to air missiles like Meteor or AIM-120D but few Su30mki which carry Brahmos should have Russian or Indian Radars
And if GTRE comes with a new 110kn engine for AMCA in next 10 years then the Russian engines of Su30mki can be replaced with Indian engines too
a scale up Uttam radar will be better than any russian AESA on offer , given Uttam deliver on what it promise. But TRM count is still very low need to be around 1800+ for SU 30 size aircraft.
but it will still be inferior to RBE 2 AESA on level of technology, until LRDE develope a wideband radar with Vivaldi (TSA) based radiating elements with bandwidth no less than 5 Ghz , something like this.

Uttam bandwidth is limited to 1 to 3 Ghz.

Neptune

Country flag
Ok i will just compare radar technology aspects of SU 57 which make it inferior even to rafale on level of technology forget F 35, F 22.

Here's SU 57 radar.

• Byelka N036 AESA.
View attachment 59244

•Here's RBE 2 AESA.
View attachment 59245

Notice the difference ?

Well N036 use slotted waveguide antenna array while on the other hand RBE 2 AESA use vivaldi(TSA) flared notch radiators.

slotted waveguide antenna are limited by there bandwidth and gain, power loads. This will directly result in there lower performance compared to RBE 2 AESA. How you may ask?
Well lower bandwidth will result in lower SAR resolution. The radar bandwidth is directly related to it's ECCMs capabilities. Greater the bandwidth ,the more complex waveform the radar can form , spreading transmission over a large frequency in order to hide it's transmission giving radar better LPI characteristics.
Jamming RBE 2 AESA will be a headache compared to say SU 57 radar.

In contested zone with heavy jamming environment, SU 57 radar will be in trouble with it's range shrunked considerably.
while radar like RBE 2 AESA of rafale operating on wide bandwidth(> 50% of center frequency ) will come on top both in range as well jamming resistance despite its tiny size.
all western radar use notch radiators. While rafale, F 35, F 22 use vivaldi(TSA) flare notch radiators , giving them very wide bandwidth. Probably allowing them to operate in whole X band.
Russia still can't build notch radiators , you can see it in there AESA design wihich either use patch, ring/loop or slotted waveguide radiating elements.
most of the high tech russian technology comes from western Europe.

Ok :lol:

The eyeball guru has spoken. Let’s disregard software and hardware and just eyeball something and declare its performance because the software programing, elements such as, example copper, are classified in their uses, and applications, TR count, aperture and everything else doesn’t matter. :rofl:

The most experienced and one of the first countries to develop AESA was Israel and Japan, both have world class semiconductor industries they still use TSA AESA. I believe the Captor-E also uses TSA while Sweden use slotted antennas. I’m sure Sweden is a powerhouse :pound:

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The eyeball guru has spoken. Let’s disregard software and hardware and just eyeball something and declare its performance because the software programing, elements such as, example copper, are classified in their uses, and applications, TR count, aperture and everything else doesn’t matter. :rofl:

The most experienced and one of the first countries to develop AESA was Israel and Japan, both have world class semiconductor industries they still use TSA AESA. I believe the Captor-E also uses TSA while Sweden use slotted antennas. I’m sure Sweden is a powerhouse :pound:
You have no idea what you are talking about & does not understand what i wrote. Better read whole post again slowly again ok.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
a scale up Uttam radar will be better than any russian AESA on offer , given Uttam deliver on what it promise. But TRM count is still very low need to be around 1800+ for SU 30 size aircraft.
but it will still be inferior to RBE 2 AESA on level of technology, until LRDE develope a wideband radar with Vivaldi (TSA) based radiating elements with bandwidth no less than 5 Ghz , something like this.

DRDO is surely working on GaN based AESA T/R modules, I hope with next iteration DRDO gets it somewhat miniaturized and better than what it has now.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DRDO is surely working on GaN based AESA T/R modules, I hope with next iteration DRDO gets it somewhat miniaturized and better than what it has now.
GaN does not count much if radiating element design are generation behind. Packaging , miniaturisation technology in western radars is still superior even when using GaAs base modules.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Neptune

Country flag
You have no idea what you are talking about & does not understand what i wrote. Better read whole post again slowly again ok.

And you discovered the secrets of the universe/highly guarded secrets by using wekipedia and your eyeballs. I work my employer that supplies aerospace technology for things like radar.

We have something called secure product. It’s kept secret to 99% of people in the company specifically because the manufacturers of radars don’t want people to know even what kind of elements are used or the technology ex, 250k vs 350 or something in between. Why? Because information like that is sensitive and may actually reveal more then just looking at slotted antennas. This is why reticles are guarded and not revealed, this is why diffusion processes and temperatures are an industry secret. It’s why we don’t reveal the specific elements and conductors that go into radars. Simple filments can effect the speed in which data is transferred.

We have engineers that create a processor or other analog devises. It then goes through dozens of processes over many months. What we provide is one element in a creation that has thousands of other elements and processes. It’s essentially architecture inside architecture inside architecture multiplied by a thousand. Radars have better jamming resistance, faster process times, sharper imaging, higher resolution, more range and so on because we design the hardware, hundreds of other engineers then source other hardware and design a desired product with the aid of many programmers and scientists.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And you discovered the secrets of the universe/highly guarded secrets by using wekipedia and your eyeballs. I work my employer that supplies aerospace technology for things like radar.

We have something called secure product. It’s kept secret to 99% of people in the company specifically because the manufacturers of radars don’t want people to know even what kind of elements are used or the technology ex, 250k vs 350 or something in between. Why? Because information like that is sensitive and may actually reveal more then just looking at slotted antennas. This is why reticles are guarded and not revealed, this is why diffusion processes and temperatures are an industry secret. It’s why we don’t reveal the specific elements and conductors that go into radars. Simple filments can effect the speed in which data is transferred.

We have engineers that create a processor or other analog devises. It then goes through dozens of processes over many months. What we provide is one element in a creation that has thousands of other elements and processes. It’s essentially architecture inside architecture inside architecture multiplied by a thousand. Radars have better jamming resistance, faster process times, sharper imaging, higher resolution, more range and so on because we design the hardware, hundreds of other engineers then source other hardware and design a desired product with the aid of many programmers and scientists.
Ok

rone

Country flag
ohh boy not again . aesa vs pesa when we discussed about this before i thought this discussion came to an end , but someone keep digging the grave,. last time i published some info mod not happy with me so am not re-posting pesa radar chart any more but to follow the discussion in healthy way lets assume none of the air strike package or air defense package fly with out awac support also almost all iaf aircraft ( mi21 and jug drain 2 excluded ) can cue AAm firing solution from awac and guide the missile up to terminal phase, why we not upgrading to AESA because the need of our that much capable AESA not in active service with both western and eastern neighbors , all of PLAF so called franker aesa just upgraded aesa antenna on pesa radar module if you have doubt there is pdf explains all about it possibly it Russian but you can use google translate, also stop worrying about mki start worry about lca and mig21 they are the one in hot box

ps: so for teh people calling russian tech is infirior to western tech

https://niip.ru/upload/iblock/8dc/8dc6efc46834793454bc0a70be505daa.pdf ( read only )

if you want a follow up discussion on eastern tech vs western tech Create a new thread i will explain everything one by one with proofs and examples dont BS post in MKI thread

vishnugupt

Country flag

Bhai, Please send us some?? I am sending you Hard drive:frog::rofl:

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ohh boy not again . aesa vs pesa when we discussed about this before i thought this discussion came to an end , but someone keep digging the grave,. last time i published some info mod not happy with me so am not re-posting pesa radar chart any more but to follow the discussion in healthy way lets assume none of the air strike package or air defense package fly with out awac support also almost all iaf aircraft ( mi21 and jug drain 2 excluded ) can cue AAm firing solution from awac and guide the missile up to terminal phase, why we not upgrading to AESA because the need of our that much capable AESA not in active service with both western and eastern neighbors , all of PLAF so called franker aesa just upgraded aesa antenna on pesa radar module if you have doubt there is pdf explains all about it possibly it Russian but you can use google translate, also stop worrying about mki start worry about lca and mig21 they are the one in hot box

ps: so for teh people calling russian tech is infirior to western tech

https://niip.ru/upload/iblock/8dc/8dc6efc46834793454bc0a70be505daa.pdf ( read only )

if you want a follow up discussion on eastern tech vs western tech Create a new thread i will explain everything one by one with proofs and examples dont BS post in MKI thread
There is no east vs west here. Your link is just a brochure by phazotron NIIR corp giving detail about there airborne radars. All of them are inferior and decade behind western airborne radars in level of technology.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Sukhoi-30MKI starts getting New Secured Radio and Radio altimeter

State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has undertaken integration of the Software Defined Radios (SDR) supplied by Israeli Rafael company successfully. Su-30MKI also now features an indigenous ANS-1100A VOR/ILS System that helps aircraft navigate by using fixed ground-based beacons when coming for landing and an Upgraded Radio Altimeter which aids Pilot to carry out low level or night flight below 2500 feet. Israeli Rafael company had won a contract for 400 Software Defined Radios (SDR) from Indian Air Force (IAF) last year to upgrade its Entire fleet of Sukhoi-30MKI. Mirage-2000 and LCA-Tejas fleet. BNET-AR/Global-Link Airborne software-defined Radio will be integrated into most of the fighter jets so that the Pilots can communicate with each other without been eavesdropped by the rival pilots in the vicinity. BNET-AR/Global-Link is replacing HAL developed Integrated Communication suite INCOM 1210A which was considered a highly problematic and unsecured channel. Su-30MKI will also get upgraded RAM-1701AS radio altimeter which is also integrated with the newly inducted Dassault Rafale fighter jets. HAL has also confirmed that Garuthmaa smart glide-bombs manufactured by the Research Centre Imarat-DRDO-Hyderabad have successfully passed the Integration trials on Su-30MKI and now have been cleared for operations for the fleet. Indigenous developed 500-kg Garuthmaa guided bomb has a range of 100km and is developed to be similar to SPICE (Smart, Precise Impact, Cost-Effective), an Israel made bomb that was used by the Indian Air Force to hit terror camps in Pakistan’s Balakot on February 26.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sukhoi-30MKI starts getting New Secured Radio and Radio altimeter

State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has undertaken integration of the Software Defined Radios (SDR) supplied by Israeli Rafael company successfully. Su-30MKI also now features an indigenous ANS-1100A VOR/ILS System that helps aircraft navigate by using fixed ground-based beacons when coming for landing and an Upgraded Radio Altimeter which aids Pilot to carry out low level or night flight below 2500 feet. Israeli Rafael company had won a contract for 400 Software Defined Radios (SDR) from Indian Air Force (IAF) last year to upgrade its Entire fleet of Sukhoi-30MKI. Mirage-2000 and LCA-Tejas fleet. BNET-AR/Global-Link Airborne software-defined Radio will be integrated into most of the fighter jets so that the Pilots can communicate with each other without been eavesdropped by the rival pilots in the vicinity. BNET-AR/Global-Link is replacing HAL developed Integrated Communication suite INCOM 1210A which was considered a highly problematic and unsecured channel. Su-30MKI will also get upgraded RAM-1701AS radio altimeter which is also integrated with the newly inducted Dassault Rafale fighter jets. HAL has also confirmed that Garuthmaa smart glide-bombs manufactured by the Research Centre Imarat-DRDO-Hyderabad have successfully passed the Integration trials on Su-30MKI and now have been cleared for operations for the fleet. Indigenous developed 500-kg Garuthmaa guided bomb has a range of 100km and is developed to be similar to SPICE (Smart, Precise Impact, Cost-Effective), an Israel made bomb that was used by the Indian Air Force to hit terror camps in Pakistan’s Balakot on February 26.
are you the same Wolfpack from twitter?

Karthi

Country flag
Vivaldi ANteena-.jpg
DARE Vivaldi Antenna-.jpg

Vivaldi Antennas developed by DARE & LRDE.

VIvaldi Tapered Slot Anteena  LRDE-.jpg

VIvaldi Tapered Slot Anteena LRDE

Vivady Antenna Array Unit 16.jpg

VIvaldi Anteena Array Unit 16

Vivaldi Antena Array Unit 32.jpg

VIvaldi Anteena Array Unit 32.

D29 EW suites belived(me) to be using these Vivaldi Antennas.

VAAU16 is for Light Weight aircrafts.
VAAU32 is for heavy aircrafts.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles