Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Immanuel

Country flag
Still they wont deploy Tejas on the frontlines, even for as basic as CAP roles if not frontline combat. Is Bhaduria really just good at trash talk or something actually wrong with the jet?
No news coming out asking HAL to deliver more FOC Tejas on war footing. Or atleast deploy the 2 FOC models on the frontline for basic CAP or Recon roles..
Well it makes little sense to deploy limited numbers to FOBs. Secondly Tejas has a learning curve and pilots need to learn how to fight with it & that requires time for FOC tactics to evolve. It's dangerous and silly to send pilot and aircraft where the flying is not mastered yet. No rush, the Tejas SQDs are hard at work. I expect by next year, there would be a lot of pilots who have mastered how to fly it.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Still they wont deploy Tejas on the frontlines, even for as basic as CAP roles if not frontline combat. Is Bhaduria really just good at trash talk or something actually wrong with the jet?
No news coming out asking HAL to deliver more FOC Tejas on war footing. Or atleast deploy the 2 FOC models on the frontline for basic CAP or Recon roles..
A fighter aircraft ain't your Chinese toy you can simply operate using a remote out of the factory.

Nor their is situation of life and death for airforce they have ample resources to use right now.

But you can continue your trash talk.

ashdoc

Country flag
The current version of Tejas carries only four derby missiles I guess. Derby has a range of 50 km and it will be outranged by Chinese missiles ( AAMs ) . We need Tejas mk1A with I derby ER to match enemy fighters.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
And changing engines is too expensive, for it means changing more than 500 engines as each aircraft has 2 engines. We should concentrate on getting longer range Russian AAMS rather than non Russian which Russians will be reluctant to fit on their aircraft. We should literally pay for development of such AAMs .
We are already doing that SFDR and Astra mk2 these long range advance missiles are the answer to current problems we are facing.

Next is upgrade of Su mki.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Well if you know then don't caption it as "Photographed with Astra"
Lol I midtook it for a photo at 1st. So wanted to check if it happens to other people too. Sorry

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I don't want it to be more realistic. The background is added on a different layer in Photoshop. Rest is 3d modelled and rendered henceforth.
Look closely, there are 2 blurred area behind the 2 engine exhaust, I call it heat distortion ie jet wash
It's great though, inserting them in real photos!

I request you make note of the with MWF etc. People are gonna love them.

scatterStorm

Country flag
It turns out, if you know what you are doing, you can beat a flanker too by a F18.

Clearly, fighter pilot skills is the top gun. MAF fighter pilot has a very capable jet, however his tactics against a low speed jet in WVR is simply not great. SU30MKM (similar to MKI) is a High KE fighter, but can also reduce speed to what F18 can do. Seems to me, the MAF pilot didn't knew that he could reduce his velocity too, bad knowledge about his own jet?

:hmm:
Mistakes this MAF fighter pilot did:

1. Going at high KE against a low speed quick AoA shifting jet.
2. He could've lowered his speed just a bit, use TVC to its advantage and would've bagged all 3 kills.
3. Merge saturation is already out of question as its guns only.
4. He is going lower to F18? That's good only when you can't see each other. Any Flanker pilot knows that better angels is the way to go.

The USAF pilot did said, that BVR is shitty against High KE and super maneuverable jets, as they in majority of times, eventually square off in a merge! This explains why our MKIs defeated those AIM120Cs

USAF pilot tactics boils down to very good understanding of merges and knowing your jet capabilities. F16 fighter pilot manual really detail it.

Hornet strongest advantage is once circle, slow fights. Now why MAF fighter pilot would allow that is just surprising to me, in fact MIG29 can easily turn that advantage to counter-advantage because of the superior T/W ratio and low speed capability.

Conclusion: Longer and better flight training hours and knowing what your jet is capable of and what it cannot will always bring back the pilot home.

Typhoon

Country flag
Hey, I have seen 3 Su-30 mki practicing at Jorhat airbase and IAF is buying land here to to increase the length of runway. This is the same base where Apache is based here. I think this will be the third Su-30 mki airbase in Assam.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles