-------
oh.... at least ACMI pod is a 'pod',so is the EL/M-8222

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
watching for a while...lol
'Edge of the Pylon'...what's that?

-------
oh.... at least ACMI pod is a 'pod',so is the EL/M-8222

How many Times Should I explain this now? When I say "Edge of the Pylon" I am saying like this, this is what I mean by "Edge of the Pylon"

(This is a SU-30 MKI carrying SAP 514/518 Electronic Warfare Pod) do you now see how the Pod is being carried on the "Edge" of the Pylon? I am talking about these type of Pods.

Now look at this Image and it you will understand now what I am trying to say With regards edge of the "Pylon" .
1643467090779.png
IMG_20220129_213326.png

1xefh6ermpr51-1.jpg

Super Flanker

Yes thank you for showing photos of SU-34. SU-34 is a Perfect example of a Pod based system being carried on the "edge" of the Pylon.

Look at these Photos of the SU-34 carrying Pods.
1700px-Lipetsk_Air_Base_(436-17).jpg
1237549.jpg

Now do you see the placement of these Pods on the SU-34?

They are right on the "Edge"of the Outer Pylon. Now I hope it is all well and clear what I am trying to say here. Like this even SU-30 MKIs appear to be Carrying Pods on the "Edge" of the outer Pylon.

@shiphone Buddy I hope it is now clear to you What I am saying here. Thank you.
1xefh6ermpr51-1.jpg
IMG_20220129_213326.png

shiphone

Country flag
LOL.. isn't this year 2022? and SU27 was well known since 1990.... 30 years ,30 years has gone...

----------------
1. 'Detachable' wingtip missile rail
2. ‘Optional’ ECM pod supplanting wing tip missle rail

Last edited:

Super Flanker

LOL.. isn't this year 2022? and SU27 was well known since 1990.... 30 years ,30 years has gone...

----------------
1. 'Detachable' wingtip missile rail
2. ‘Operational’ ECM pod supplanting wing tip missle rail

Oh thank you finally I have understood. I was not aware of this Concept of "Detachable Wingtip Missile Rail". I never knew something like this actually Existed. So I guess the Photos of SU-30 MKI carrying Pods on their Wingtips are actually carrying them on "Detachable Wingtip Rail".

Super Flanker

Can India Export SU-30 MKI? Can HAL export SU-30 MKI to other Countries? Does HAL Export any Major Parts of SU-30 MKI to other countries?
I know that HAL had Manufactured Canards, Stabilizers and Fins for Malaysian SU-30 MKM but have we done anything else other than that with regards to Export?

JBH22

Can India Export SU-30 MKI? Can HAL export SU-30 MKI to other Countries? Does HAL Export any Major Parts of SU-30 MKI to other countries?
I know that HAL had Manufactured Canards, Stabilizers and Fins for Malaysian SU-30 MKM but have we done anything else other than that with regards to Export?
Short answer NO
Long answer Nooooooooooo, reason as under;
1) Sukhoi made in India are more expensive than russian one. Courtesy HAL efficiency
2) Many parts still sourced from Russia,to some extent it is still assembly rather than manufacturing.

Super Flanker

Short answer NO
1) Sukhoi made in India are more expensive than russian one. Courtesy HAL efficiency
2) Many parts still sourced from Russia,to some extent it is still assembly rather than manufacturing.
Okay So now as of 2022 what exactly have the Russians given us in the Name of "Transfer Of Technology"?

We are still assembling these even after 12+ years? Are Raw Materials still being Imported from Russia?

Also by the Way Sukhoi Made in Russia are expensive because we have to Pay license for the licensed Assembling of these Aircrafts and also another reason that our Indian SU-30 MKIs are expensive as compared to Russian ones is that we have India Specific systems like the Aircraft is a Mix of Avionics From Different countries like Israel, France etc so don't blame only HAl's inefficiency here.

Super Flanker

Had a private firm got the license for Su 30 mki we would have witnessed incremental changes. It's now or never to either privatise or corporatization of PSU
If a Private Firm had got the License for SU-30 MKI than what Incremental Changes would have been witnessed here? What Difference it would make if HAL or some private sector got the Contract for Manufacturing SU-30 MKI? Could you elaborate?

Super Flanker

Here is a DCS Video made between SU-30 MKI and SU-35. Battle of the Flankers. This video was uploaded by Longshot.

Super Flanker

This is one of the reasons why Flanker against a medium/lightweight single engine jet, will win most of the times
1. Flanker has more raw power= supersonic flight, climb fast even with load under wings
2. TVC to defeat missiles
3. More missiles at disposal

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Short answer NO
The Su30 made in India is more expensive since some of its parts also come from western countries like Israel, France.
Whereas, the Su30 SM has only Russian avionics, and since the value of Ruble is even worse than Rs against the USD, its way too cheaper for Russian AF to procure Su30 SM.
The Israeli, French parts are paid for in USD.
Also, certain core components are imported from Russia, rest is Made in India, you have to factor that aswell

shiphone

Country flag
Whereas, the Su30 SM has only Russian avionics, and since the value of Ruble is even worse than Rs against the USD, its way too cheaper for Russian AF to procure Su30 SM.
LOL...at least the HUD on Su30SM is from the west : the Thales Avionics (France)SMD55S/VEN-3022 .. so are the Sagem Sigma 95NAA hybrid inertial/GPS navigation system and SMD55 and SMD66 multi-functional cockpit displays.

these were introduced to Su30MKM varient, the Russiuan self-use SM varient inherited .

why HAL made MKI was more expensive? READ your CAD reports.

---------
BTW, the newly commissioned Su-30SM2 seems more 'Russian'. as least the HUD has been replaced by the same model on Su-35S...

FKVVfIVaMAIzqOU.jpg

Last edited:

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
View attachment 134358
Is this Model depicting DRDO SPJ pods or some Russian Pod of Some kind? What is this on the Outer Pylon on of this Model of SU-30 MKI.
@Dark Sorrow mate could you shed some light on This?
I focus on technology, not who is contracted for what.
But the latest videos show jamming pods on wingtips like Su-35-S has. I can't say these are testing or final implementations but looks good. I wish they implemented the MAWS also.

1643697213703.png

1643697266706.png

1643697310768.png

Super Flanker

I focus on technology, not who is contracted for what.
But the latest videos show jamming pods on wingtips like Su-35-S has. I can't say these are testing or final implementations but looks good. I wish they implemented the MAWS also.

View attachment 135122
View attachment 135123
View attachment 135124
Thank you @Bhartiya Sainik you are a technical gem on the Forum. Keep up the good work. By the Way you might like this thread.

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Thank you @Bhartiya Sainik you are a technical gem on the Forum. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for appreciation but i'm just another average guy. Unfortunately, the technically good guys don't bother to discuss things in DoD forums. In my decade of IT experience i have not found a single guy to discuss Defence, Aviation, Space, Trains, etc. At max they are crazy about cars & bikes, & busy showing off their phones, watches, accesories, etc, At times i feel very bored, LOL!

By the Way you might like this thread.
Good initiative, will watch.

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Thanks for appreciation but i'm just another average guy. Unfortunately, the technically good guys don't bother to discuss things in DoD forums. In my decade of IT experience i have not found a single guy to discuss Defence, Aviation, Space, Trains, etc. At max they are crazy about cars & bikes.

Good initiative, will watch.
Good luck. Seeing forward to learning from you

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles