Sukhoi PAK FA

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Why and how do you know that.
When I say that Russia doesn't need 5th generation fighters in large numbers, than I say that they don't need to have as many Stealth aircrafts as their adversaries (i.e USA).

It's Because Russia is a Defensive force. For rest you can look up articles of SU-57 through "OPEN SOURCE" and you will get what you want.

Blademaster

When I say that Russia doesn't need 5th generation fighters in large numbers, than I say that they don't need to have as many Stealth aircrafts as their adversaries (i.e USA).

It's Because Russia is a Defensive force. For rest you can look up articles of SU-57 through "OPEN SOURCE" and you will get what you want.
I disagree. A good offense is a good defense. Russia needs to have large numbers of 5th generation fighters if it is to maintain air control over its areas and over the areas that its armies are operating.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I disagree. A good offense is a good defense. Russia needs to have large numbers of 5th generation fighters if it is to maintain air control over its areas and over the areas that its armies are operating.
For that Russia will be more dependent on various ADS like S-400/S-500/S-300 etc and cheaper 4th generation fighters like SU-35/SU-30SM/MiG-29/MiG-35s etc.

You need to understand that Russia's economy cannot afford a fleet of 5th generation fighters in numbers like those possessed by US/UK/NATO etc. For example see how many F-22s and F-35s have been built and see how many SU-57 have been built. There is a huge gap.

Blademaster

For that Russia will be more dependent on various ADS like S-400/S-500/S-300 etc and cheaper 4th generation fighters like SU-35/SU-30SM/MiG-29/MiG-35s etc.

Russia's economy cannot afford a fleet of 5th generation fighters in numbers like those possessed by US/UK/NATO etc. For example see how many F-22s and F-35s have been built and see how many SU-57 have been built. There is a huge gap.
Russia does not have a choice. All NATO countries are getting F-35s. Russia needs to protect its skies.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Russia does not have a choice. All NATO countries are getting F-35s. Russia needs to protect its skies.
SU-57 can counter Stealth aircrafts like F-22/F-35 in a Defensive fight because SU-57 has anti-Stealth features wherein it will force it's opponents to come within Visual Range.

archie

Country flag
The Last photo is that Asymmetric thrust.. Does it have a use in real life usage?

bhramos

Country flag
Russia used Su-57 fighter jets in Ukraine, source said
Russia used four Su-57 fighters in a single network in Ukraine
Multifunctional fighter of the fifth generation Su-57

Multifunctional fighter of the fifth generation Su-57. Archive photo
MOSCOW, June 9 - RIA Novosti. During a special operation in Ukraine, Russia deployed a flight of four Su-57 fighter jets linked into a single information network to destroy air defense systems, an informed source told RIA Novosti.

"As part of the NMD, the Russian Aerospace Forces carried out an operation to identify and destroy Ukrainian air defense systems using a flight of four newest Su-57 multifunctional fighters . The aircraft were combined into an information network through automatic communication systems, data transmission, navigation and identification in real time" - said the source of the agency.
The source noted that "combining the aircraft in a single information space increases the efficiency of identifying and hitting targets." He also specified that the low radar visibility of the Su-57 was confirmed.

The Su-57 is a fifth-generation Russian multirole fighter developed by Sukhoi. The machine is designed to destroy all types of air, ground and surface targets.
It has supersonic cruising speed, internal armament, radar-absorbing coating, as well as the latest set of onboard equipment.
Since February 24, Russia has been conducting a military special operation to denazify and demilitarize Ukraine . As Vladimir Putin emphasized , its goal is to "protect people who have been subjected to bullying and genocide by the Kiev regime for eight years." According to the Ministry of Defense, the Russian army has completed the main tasks of the first stage - it has significantly reduced the combat potential of Ukraine. The main goal in the department was called the liberation of Donbass .

JBH22

F-35 fleet is still mirage for pan EU force. Most of them will still be operating legacy F 16 fighters. Russia will still remain an inferior force when stacked 1v1 west, but its ability to inflict high casualty is what keep hot heads in the west a reality check.

Hari Sud

Country flag
F-35 fleet is still mirage for pan EU force. Most of them will still be operating legacy F 16 fighters. Russia will still remain an inferior force when stacked 1v1 west, but its ability to inflict high casualty is what keep hot heads in the west a reality check.
That means Russian latest upgraded jets (Su-30/35/57) etc. are no match American F-35 or F-22 or even Legacy F-16.

Are there more knowledgeable people in the forum who could comment on that?

Reactions: SKC

Super Flanker

Country flag
Russians have a load of SAM systems like S-300/S-400/S-500 etc. These are some of the best ADS systems in the world and this is acknowledged by the west too. Any NATO aeriel offensive against Russia consisting of 4th generation fighters like F-15s/F-16s/F-18s etc which try to ingress inside Russian Airspace will have to face a potent cover of such SAM systems. Not saying that RuAF will just sit back, they too will join the fight but Russians make world-class ADS systems. Same was the case with the Soviets back in the day.

Super Flanker

Country flag
That means Russian latest upgraded jets (Su-30/35/57) etc. are no match American F-35 or F-22 or even Legacy F-16.

Are there more knowledgeable people in the forum who could comment on that?
Really? Are you trying to say that an SU-30/SU-35/SU-57 is inferior to an old legacy F-16? This is simply not true.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Some photographs of SU-57 and S-70 flying together. (Not the best resolution though, nonetheless still posted here. If I come across some higher resolution pics then I will definitely post them in this thread)

A short Size Comparison between the SU-57 "Felon" and S-70 "Okhotnik-B". SU-57 has a length of 20.1 m (65 ft 11 in). S-70 has a length of 13-14 m (42-45 feet). SU-57 has a wingspan of 14.1 m (46 ft 3 in). S-70 has a wingspan of 20 m (65 ft). So the SU-57 is longer than the S-70 whereas the S-70 is way more wider than the SU-57.

maxresdefault (2).jpg
s70_MUMT1021.jpg
7_non_phys_planes-08.jpg
c7a555f23eec63fc69a98dc6eb8eaa84.jpg.jpg
the_sukhoi_s-70_combat_drone_and_the_su-57_fighter_jet_flying_in_formation.png

S-70 can act as a "Stealthy wingman" to be used along with the SU-57. I wish to see something like this with Ghatak UCAV and AMCA. Nonetheless the SU-57 and S-70 look really beautiful when flying together.

blackjack

Country flag
Competition of different aviation industries competing on making the best design for their military to make decisions what to purchase brings liveleness to their work places , But Sukhoi is too busy assfucking Mikoyan and Tupolev like the Sukhoi LTS will have more funding than the Mig-35, and the production of the Su-70 already makes it pointless for Tupolev to even pursue the PAK-DA project. So these aviation industries will always be known for making mig-31s and Tu-160s as their peak aviation projects to mark their legacy before dying out. I want Mikoyan to make a comeback with a hypersonic interceptor project and Tupolev to create a supersonic bomber design like pic related of fan art.

1660451767400.png

1660451788929.png

1660451814287.png

But sadly its going to have that subsonic trapezoid design the B-2 or Su-70 will have. My hopes rest on Mikoyan. I think they will just focus on Europes airforce depending on Su-57 and S-75 production numbers, while having the Zircon and Zmeevik missiles deal wtih certain vistors bringing certain aircrafts with them for Europe's assistance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles