Sukhoi PAK FA

Blademaster

Well, I whole heartedly agree that Russian planes are beauty and much more sexy looking till before 5th Gen.

However with 5th Gen, I don't find any plane closer to F-22 Raptor in looks and beauty. Su-57 is distant second. The whole engine nozzle area is simply badly done in Su-57.
Nah. Su-57 is first in looks and beauty. F-22 looks like an overhumped bulging whale or something.

SKC

Country flag
F-22 uses rectangular Engine exhausts to provide stealth from the rear and this nozzle also reduces the IR signature of the aircraft. Also such design makes it look much more modern as compared to conventional nozzle fighters like F-35/F-16/F-15/SU-57.

Last year in Desember there were Claims on the internet that Russian S-70 UCAV and SU-57 will implement flat engine nozzles for enhanced Stealth but till date I have never seen any S-70 or SU-57 prototype implement such Technic.
There are always CLAIMS about Russian weapon platforms!

SKC

Country flag
It's not just Russian platforms, there are claims made by every country about their respective Weopon's platforms, be it India, US, China etc.
We do see the results of CLAIMS from other countries though. For Russians it is mostly always remain stuck to CLAIMS.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
We do see the results of CLAIMS from other countries though. For Russians it is mostly always remain stuck to CLAIMS.
Russia is no exception, like I said again, all countries like China, India, US, France make various Claims about their Weopons. Russia is not the only one who is supposively "Stuck" on its Claims.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Is this color scheme only for current phase where they are evaluating the platform?
What would be color scheme once these are officially incorporated and deployed in RuAF?
SU-57s which have entered service with the RuAF have this type of colour scheme to their airframes :

20220527_124510.jpg

This is for the Airforce, I can't say anything about the Navy though. Generally if you see, Russian Naval Aviation jets have a black camo to them whereas the RuAF jets generally have a blue camo to them.

Maybe if SU-57 enters service with Russian Naval Aviation as offshore squadrons, than we might see a different colour scheme.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Russia may not be able to afford further enhancements due to war.
Russia does not need to have 5th generation fighters in large numbers like those possessed by US/UK etc. AFAIK Russians want atleast 70+ SU-57s in service with the RuAF by this decade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles