Sukhoi PAK FA

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Deliveries of combat aircraft to the Russian Armed Forces in 2021

January 28th, 10:25 pm
In 2021, for the third year in a row, deliveries of new combat aircraft to the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation remained at a very low level - only 21 new combat and combat training aircraft were delivered (one MiG-35S, one MiG-35UB, four Su-30SM2, six Su-34, five Su-35S, two Su-57, two Yak-130), which is generally in line with our last year's forecast. However, it was in 2021 that the preconditions for an increase in the supply of combat aircraft in the following years emerged, which is associated with the start of the implementation of new serial contracts for combat aircraft of the Su-30SM2, Su-34, Su-35S and combat training Yak-130. The program for mass production of the fifth generation Su-57 (T-50S) fighters is gradually being developed, although, apparently, there are still several years left before these aircraft reach operational significance (including in quantitative terms).
1643442506209.png

1643442072626.png

1643442093875.png

1643442170979.png

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
SU-57 with Brahmos NG Variant? It was planned I see. Was it planned to use Brahmos NG on the wing Pylon of the SU-57 or was it supposed to stored inside the Internal Weopons Bay of the SU-57. How many Brahmos NG were planned to be carried by the SU-57?

And was the Russian Airforce having any plan of using Brahmos NG Variant on their own SU-57s?
Su-57-with-Missile.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
That looks pretty Awesome. The Su-57 DIRCM consists of two laser emitting turrets, with one of these placed behind the cockpit on the dorsal side, and the other one placed just beneath the cockpit on the ventral side of the SU-57.

The function of this system on the SU-57 is relatively straight forward. basically When an IR missile is spotted, the lasers quickly aim for the missiles seeker system, blinding it and preventing it from being able to guide to the targeted aircraft. I am not sure though about how effective it is in that matter.
ad6cc60b44f34e7ca7c34677898f192f.png

Please note : I may be wrong about something here and there so please feel free to correct me.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
SU-57 with Brahmos NG Variant? It was planned I see. Was it planned to use Brahmos NG on the wing Pylon of the SU-57 or was it supposed to stored inside the Internal Weopons Bay of the SU-57. How many Brahmos NG were planned to be carried by the SU-57?

And was the Russian Airforce having any plan of using Brahmos NG Variant on their own SU-57s?
View attachment 135407
BEST 4.5 GEN FIGHTER

SARTHAK

Country flag
Yes that is true. SU-57 was meant to be a 5th Generation Fighter but unfortunately it doesn't Completely Fullfil the Parameters of a 5th Generation Aircraft.
what are those parameters can you give details? USAF gave the definition of 5th which includes supercruise ,f35 doesn't super cruise ,when they weren't able to fulfill their requirements so they now want a 4.5 gen aircraft but they are afraid to call it 4.5 gen(that would not sound good for a superpower in 21st century) so they call it a 5th gen minus aircraft ,all airforce give definitions according to their doctrines ,su 57 is still stealthy than any 4.5gen and probably more than j20 because russia tried not to make them super expensive but also focused on manuverability

Super Flanker

Country flag
what are those parameters can you give details? USAF gave the definition of 5th which includes supercruise ,f35 doesn't super cruise ,when they weren't able to fulfill their requirements so they now want a 4.5 gen aircraft but they are afraid to call it 4.5 gen(that would not sound good for a superpower in 21st century) so they call it a 5th gen minus aircraft ,all airforce give definitions according to their doctrines ,su 57 is still stealthy than any 4.5gen and probably more than j20 because russia tried not to make them super expensive but also focused on manuverability
You are right about that. I guess you can say that the SU-57 is the 3rd or 4th best 5th Generation Aircraft after the F-35 and F-22 Raptor.

Russia wanted to make the SU-57 an Aircraft with a good mix of Low RCS and also quite Manouverable. SU-57 has the lowest RCS of any Russian Aircraft in Russian Airforce. I guess 5th is just a marketing Strategy by Lockheed Martin and nothing else.

SARTHAK

Country flag
You are right about that. I guess you can say that the SU-57 is the 3rd or 4th best 5th Generation Aircraft after the F-35 and F-22 Raptor.

Russia wanted to make the SU-57 an Aircraft with a good mix of Low RCS and also quite Manouverable. SU-57 has the lowest RCS of any Russian Aircraft in Russian Airforce. I guess 5th is just a marketing Strategy by Lockheed Martin and nothing else.
not a marketing strategy but USA has ample DEFENCE budget they can afford to have to aircrafts f22 for air superority + f35 for exports but russia cannot do so ,to counter this they mixed both concepts f22+35= 57 ,Su 57 ,also Russia wanted a dogfight master so they added 3d tvc ,they boasted anti-stealth features 2 l band arrays + 3 radars in front+ 1 at the back +eodas+ dircm these will provide good anti-stealth capabilities

Super Flanker

Country flag
not a marketing strategy but USA has ample DEFENCE budget they can afford to have to aircrafts f22 for air superority + f35 for exports but russia cannot do so ,to counter this they mixed both concepts f22+35= 57 ,Su 57 ,also Russia wanted a dogfight master so they added 3d tvc ,they boasted anti-stealth features 2 l band arrays + 3 radars in front+ 1 at the back +eodas+ dircm these will provide good anti-stealth capabilities
Right and anyways designing an aircraft which will negate other Stealth Aircrafts or Anti Stealth was the best way to go for the Russians.
-----------------------------------------------------
Russians could have simply not been able to build an Aircraft which could Match the Low Radar Cross Section {RCS} of the F-22 or F-35. Russia Knew from beginning that they would not be able to sustain that much budget for {R&D} of the PAKFA so hence decided to make it Anti-Stealth.
main-qimg-7253f8a40c417e8b6917e500a49447a0.jpeg

Super Flanker

Country flag
see this @Super Flanker this guy is an ex MBDA employee analysing su 57
Wow. Thanks for quoting this. I remember watching this exact YouTuber.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to watch his SU-57 videos. Never knew he was an ex-MBDA. By the way how did you know he was an ex-MBDA? Anyways thanks.

SARTHAK

Country flag
the rcs quoted on net is based on patent of design that states "average" rcs of 0.01 (other rcs quoted for f22 f35 are frontal rcs) that 0.01 rcs is before RAM , yes su57 is not as stealthy as f22 or f35 as russians do not have budget and industrial capacity for that

SARTHAK

Country flag
Wow. Thanks for quoting this. I remember watching this exact YouTuber.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to watch his SU-57 videos. Never knew he was an ex-MBDA. By the way how did you know he was an ex-MBDA? Anyways thanks.
he himself said this in a video in which he was telling how he started making videos

Super Flanker

Country flag
he himself said this in a video in which he was telling how he started making videos
Oh okay. Anyways I like to hear such Documentaries being narrated from People like ex-MBDA. I don't know why but it is that way.

Super Flanker

Country flag
the good thing is despite being an Italian he managed to do a unbiased analysis
Yes that is what I appreciated or else most of the time I see videos on SU-57 tend to be quite Biased. Either they tend to be biased towards it in the sense they over- Exaggerate it's Capability or they Underestimate it. I liked this guy's video though.

Thanks. Good night.

SARTHAK

Country flag
btw if su57 is able to carry hypersonic cruise missiles in iwb in future no matter how much you criticize it ,it can wreak havoc on adversary ,currently only k29 mk2 with 500km range is operational but even if a missile with 400km range but hypersonic comes they will deadly

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles